Diablo® III

Was D2 more balanced?

03/27/2013 07:10 PMPosted by CrniVuk
Really surprised about how many people throw around "Paladin ruled all" and "enigma for everyone!". Curious if people even played Diablo 2 and actually tried to look outside the box. Enigma was not the only runeword, and for some builds it was not even the best runeword. Like Heart of the Oak or fortitude.

I know right? I dont know what D2 Ramshakle played but it wasnt the D2 that I played and still play.
Reply Quote
hey hands down Enigma and Paladin have been overused. But that was only because farming was easy with that. And people doing it used many times an map hack. Also it was like Blizz had bots in mind when they made the enigma ...

Still not the best choice as far as power goes.
Reply Quote
D2 was far less balanced in my opinion.
Reply Quote
d2 all classes were op, hell couldnt do anything about it

90% of the players had teh same build which is what everyone one in every other game would want because it was the best "build"
Reply Quote
hammerdins were ridiculously overpowered. excellent defense and extreme screen clearing damage.

In D2 monsters could be completely immune to your damage type so you have to have multiple types of damage (and you could still run into double or triple immune) or you could only run certain areas of the game or had to play in a group

paladin blessed hammer for the most part could not be immune/resisted in this way which gave it a huge advantage

also teleport in general was a huge balance problem. unless you were a sorc, speedrunning bosses was kind of a waste of time because you had no teleport

instead of fixing teleport they just introduced enigma so all classes could have access to it
Edited by Tuva#1316 on 3/27/2013 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hammerdins were ridiculously overpowered. excellent defense and extreme screen clearing damage.

In D2 monsters could be completely immune to your damage type so you have to have multiple types of damage (and you could still run into double or triple immune) or you could only run certain areas of the game or had to play in a group

paladin blessed hammer for the most part could not be immune/resisted in this way which gave it a huge advantage

also teleport in general was a huge balance problem. unless you were a sorc, speedrunning bosses was kind of a waste of time because you had no teleport

instead of fixing teleport they just introduced enigma so all classes could have access to it

I disagree, if a player knew what they were doing and had the gear for it, all characters by your gaming philosophy would be ridiculously overpowered. And therein is a big difference between mindsets of players. All the op barbs nerf them threads in the general discussion, a D2 player would realise that character is about as close too you're gonna get to a D2 experience.

Just because a someone can build a character to faceroll the game doesn't necessarily always equate to being ridiculously overpowered. They can be two very much different things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]