Diablo® III

1.08 ptr Will you use it?

How many of you will play on the ptr?
Do you think there is any point of having a ptr for 1.08?
Maybe just to see the monster density changes?
Considering nothing you do is saved to the main servers is there any point in playing it with no major changes in 1.08?
Reply Quote
View profile
depends. you get a chance to provide feedback to help shape the game and the changes. which is exactly what most posters on here want.

If I had more time I would play the PTR - at least a little anyways.
Reply Quote
I am with you. No point in PTR really for 08. They could just implement this one and move on.
Reply Quote
The only 2 things I will use it for is to check density in other acts and see if they become viable for farming and to see how the id all and craft all mechanics are implemented and flow. Tops 1 hour then back to farming in the true game client.
Reply Quote
not really excited for this patch as i was for 1.0.7
Reply Quote
i use the ptr to see a quick glimpse on whats to come, i dont keep playing them cus im paranoid if i find a sweet legendary roll then its useless cus it will not carry over
Reply Quote
Never have or will use a ptr. I did enough beta testing for this game. And remember the Wiz apoc hotfix? Or trading demonic essences? Bugs still slip through a ptr and they get hotfixed after the patch goes live. I don't see the point of the ptr.
Reply Quote
depends. you get a chance to provide feedback to help shape the game and the changes. which is exactly what most posters on here want.

He-heh... ho-ho... Funny! But seriously: no
Reply Quote
If they implement the patch next week I might be interested.

If they implement it in two months I'd be disappointed with the progression. I would probably shelf the game for a while.
Reply Quote
If there are significant changes to the Demon Hunter class I will probably play it a while. If not I will probably check out how the monster density looks in Act 1 and 2 and then stop playing it.
Reply Quote
Just for monster density changes, ID and Craft all buttons and what else...not worth going over to the PTR.
Reply Quote
i will just to get a taste for whats in the patch but i wont play it heavily cause i wont get anything out of it
Reply Quote
PTR should be removed, company should hot fix and re patch as needed live. Why Blizzard is only company that takes months to move on a patch that sometimes contains a single fix, blows my mind.

It is what it is.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
How many of you will play on the ptr?
Do you think there is any point of having a ptr for 1.08?
Maybe just to see the monster density changes?
Considering nothing you do is saved to the main servers is there any point in playing it with no major changes in 1.08?

We’re still hard at work on patch 1.0.8, so we haven’t yet released the patch notes for it. I can tell you, though, that there are definitely more changes currently planned for the patch than monster density alone.

Once the patch is up on the PTR, we encourage you to try it out and give us your feedback. While it’s true that playing on the PTR won’t benefit your regular characters directly through gear upgrades and the like, the time you spend on the PTR is still extremely valuable. Taking part in the PTR will give you a hands-on glimpse into the latest changes and allow you the opportunity to give us your informed feedback concerning the patch and helps us address bugs that might try to rear their little antennaed heads. On the whole, participating in the PTR allows us to ensure that the patch we release is as polished as possible. :)
Reply Quote
Thanks Vaeflare! And my apologies for whatever the community transforms this post into.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]