Diablo® III

Calamity users

Just wanted to create a thread where we could see gearing decisions (like Inna's vs WH's or Zuni's vs Nats) other Calamity users have made and get and exchange tips. So post here if you have questions and I or some other user will hopefully attempt to answer to the best of our abilities.
Edited by BurningJC007#1355 on 3/28/2013 9:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Simulated a set up like yours on my DH, but the lack of CD on my rings made it slightly inferior both in terms of EHP and DPS (very slight difference) despite the extra 130 dex bonus.

Unfortunately, those gears came from my monk so, it was optimized for a DW monk build, and not a calamity ruby build that requires CD on gear more. Well gets the job done though.
Reply Quote
Simulated a set up like yours on my DH, but the lack of CD on my rings made it slightly inferior both in terms of EHP and DPS (very slight difference) despite the extra 130 dex bonus.

Unfortunately, those gears came from my monk so, it was optimized for a DW monk build, and not a calamity ruby build that requires CD on gear more. Well gets the job done though.

Yeah I've worked on maxing out my crit dmg as much as I can so I could use the Inna's belt. Now very few witching hours can be upgrades for me. Still you've got a pretty nice set up and an awesome Calamity. You should definitely consider getting crit dmg on your rare ring vs the attack speed , i think it will outperform the attack speed, but i haven't run it through a simulator yet.
Edited by BurningJC007#1355 on 3/28/2013 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Shade - Crit dmg goes a long way, especially since Calamity users are lacking in that department. 6% ias can be easily replace by 30% CD i think, but since CD goes up to 50%, you will definitely be get more from CD over the ias on the ring.

Avg Dmg is also a big factor to consider due to the % bonus dmg on the Calamity.

I personally prefer WH over Inna's for its eHp.
Reply Quote

Yeah I've worked on maxing out my crit dmg as much as I can so I could use the Inna's belt. Now very few witching hours can be upgrades for me. Still you've got a pretty nice set up and an awesome Calamity. You should definitely consider getting crit dmg on your rare ring vs the attack speed , i think it will outperform the attack speed, but i haven't run it through a simulator yet.

Yup I understand that CD is important in a Calamity build, but i mostly play my monk, so I havent really gotten around to searching for a suitable rare ring for my DH, i have been looking around for a avg dmg, AR, dex, cc, cd ring, but there those rings are hard to come by.

Found a few very expensives rings that gave me like a 2k DPS boost, hardly worth it IMO.
Reply Quote
Hi, just started using Calamity since I actually had the luck of rolling the one I'm using. Buying one for now is a no no since it's so expensive. Btw, how much IAS are you guy running at? I normally use my 1374 dps Manti and of course the playstyle is different with big crits and such. Do you gear differently for Calamity?
Reply Quote
Yeah, avg damage is really helpful for Calamity. I found a trifecta nats ring a while back but wondering if I shouldn't sell it and get one with avg damage instead. I also found a pretty nice WH with allres and close to max CD so I'm using that over inna's belt.

My helm is something else I'm not sure of right now, I've been using a socketed Andriels but once I hit plvl 100 (soon I hope) I'm not sure what I should use then. Crit mempo's are out of my price range, I have a non crit one which is a nice ehp boost but I loose dps, my other choices would be using my current andriels with a life gem, using another andriels I have with allres or buying an andriels with an extra dex roll or possibly a nats helm?
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Electroclash
Hi, just started using Calamity since I actually had the luck of rolling the one I'm using. Buying one for now is a no no since it's so expensive. Btw, how much IAS are you guy running at? I normally use my 1374 dps Manti and of course the playstyle is different with big crits and such. Do you gear differently for Calamity?

Yeah it is, I use a high Dex inna's belt as it provides me more dps than even the godliest Witching hours. As a result of this most of my gearing focuses on maximizing crit dmg and avg dmg in most of my slots. You can use a high dex Zunimassa's trail or journey's for similar results, but the ehp loss might not be worth it for some people.
Reply Quote
Yeah, avg damage is really helpful for Calamity. I found a trifecta nats ring a while back but wondering if I shouldn't sell it and get one with avg damage instead. I also found a pretty nice WH with allres and close to max CD so I'm using that over inna's belt.

My helm is something else I'm not sure of right now, I've been using a socketed Andriels but once I hit plvl 100 (soon I hope) I'm not sure what I should use then. Crit mempo's are out of my price range, I have a non crit one which is a nice ehp boost but I loose dps, my other choices would be using my current andriels with a life gem, using another andriels I have with allres or buying an andriels with an extra dex roll or possibly a nats helm?

The socket is always good for the life %. A good Nat helm would definitely give more ehp than the andy's and the 4 piece bonus is a plus. However, only Mempo can top the Andy's on the dps side.
Reply Quote
@BurningJC007 I think the EHP loss is bearable since survivability is much better with Calamity. If I'm losing say 70 more AR, that will put me at 450 and I think that's pretty ok. Haven't tried standing in Plague/ Desecrator with 450AR. Think i'm going to try it out and see. As for gear, I'm thinking of losing my AR trifecta ring and switch to Average Dmg/ Dex/ AS/ CD with possibly AR. I think this will boost my DMG. I think switching to Cal's, I'm feeling a significant los t in CD and by switching to inna's belt, wouldn't that be losing more CD? I think I can bear losing CC since archery passive pretty much covers CC. Buying a tri ring with Average damage + stat makes no sense for me now as it is going to be costly. Think i'll go with ring without CC.
Reply Quote
WH and SOJ ring all the way =p
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Electroclash
@BurningJC007 I think the EHP loss is bearable since survivability is much better with Calamity. If I'm losing say 70 more AR, that will put me at 450 and I think that's pretty ok. Haven't tried standing in Plague/ Desecrator with 450AR. Think i'm going to try it out and see. As for gear, I'm thinking of losing my AR trifecta ring and switch to Average Dmg/ Dex/ AS/ CD with possibly AR. I think this will boost my DMG. I think switching to Cal's, I'm feeling a significant los t in CD and by switching to inna's belt, wouldn't that be losing more CD? I think I can bear losing CC since archery passive pretty much covers CC. Buying a tri ring with Average damage + stat makes no sense for me now as it is going to be costly. Think i'll go with ring without CC.

I am unable to stand in plague with ~ 600 AR. However, Desecrator is ok with ~ 500 AR. I don't think losing CD on the belt is an issue. CD is just a dmg booster similar to % elemental dmg on inna's belt. The extra Dex + bonus % on inna's will give a dmg boost, and will beat most if not all single dex roll WH (not exactly sure about double dex roll, i guess that would come down to whether the dex is capable of compensating the 40%+ CD)

I believe CC does indeed has a diminish in return beyond 62% or so. Not that it doesn't add to you, but it adds much less then when you are at 50% (for the same item). While CD with Calamity users is already very low, might as well drop CC and add more CD. I haven't reached the diminish point in ias yet (probably never will), i would believe it is way beyond 3.
Edited by Killua#1993 on 3/28/2013 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I hardly use the SoJ. If we had a gear swap button I'd use it .. but usually if I'm vaulting around I just come upon elite packs and non-elites gimp my dps too muich wearing a SoJ 100 of the time. I end up rarely being able to swap in the ring just do to me vaulting around and going face to face with the elites. IN reality ... for solo I don't have much issue in MP10 against elites and can face-tank either their entire battle or minimal movement if there are DESC/PLAGUE pools under me.

as far as WH belt. I ended up having to get one with enough stats to make it more of a lateral move from losing the +130 dex bonus from an inna belt.

When I run my GC build (swapping out like 4 pieces of gear) and putting SA on ... I move up to ~438k dps with 2.97 APS letting bola do great stun work.

@Electro ... my experience has shown I'd rather get rid of CD over CC for crit procing and NS to work. If you have a high avg dmg ring that can be way more than the 50 CD max on a ring coupled with CC and ASI especially. I don't look for huge crit numbers with a calamity although I do get ones well over 1m (usually from spiked traps). I don't think I'd get rid of CC for AvgDmg. I'd get rid of CD as that stat is more in the family with avg dmg than CC is.
Reply Quote
@killua
How are you not a me to sit is plague and other stuff. You can't achieve perma gloom with calamity?? Or what build are you using?

Bare minimum to sit in anything 450ar, 3800ish armor, and 65k health, but this is achieving perma gloom(mp10). I've dropped a lot of health since 1.07 came out about 10k health, 275 armor, and 50 AR for more DPS.

I'm at 65cc where everything crit. I'm already to the point where ill sacrafice some CC for more dex or more CD or avg dmg.
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 3/28/2013 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@killua
How are you not a me to sit is plague and other stuff. You can't achieve perma gloom with calamity?? Or what build are you using?

Bare minimum to sit in anything 450ar, 3800ish armor, and 65k health, but this is achieving perma gloom(mp10). I've dropped a lot of health since 1.07 came out about 10k health, 275 armor, and 50 AR for more DPS.

I'm at 65cc where everything crit. I'm already to the point where ill sacrafice some CC for more dex or more CD or avg dmg.

@DaRkCroNo

I have no problem perma glooming in L4N, but plague still drains my health like nothing, must be doing something wrong...gotta figure that out. Normally running with Bola ID / EB for ubers. Maybe i should try HA for faster regen
Edited by Killua#1993 on 3/28/2013 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh oops my fault...didnt see the Leg nats...on my phone

But still you shouldnt be that bad off with with L4N, but then again i dont know that gear.

What MP are you playing where Plague is hurting you?

Maybe not doing enough damage to get life back. Your missing AVG dmg on Jewelry and CD is low in some area
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 3/28/2013 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh oops my fault...didnt see the Leg nats...on my phone

But still you shouldnt be that bad off with with L4N, but then again i dont know that gear.

What MP are you playing where Plague is hurting you?

No worries lol.

MP 10 festering woods normally..stacking for the uber runs. I would see it draining despite having gloom on, so have to keep moving.
Reply Quote
I'm doing 520 AR no problems with Plague. I think with Mark and Spike spamming, my hp keeps going up. I think even with the current nat's, calamity has no problem with Hatred/ Disc Regen. Just going to experiment around to build up my DPS and sacrifice a bit of eHP to see what the results are.
Reply Quote
This is interesting, i gotta try this again tonight.
Reply Quote
would 330mil net me a decent calamity (like a mp10 capable one maybe?)

been thinking of replacing the looted crappy one I have now.
Edited by Neo#1863 on 3/28/2013 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]