Diablo® III

Calamity users

I bought mine for under 250m shortly after 1.07 came out, not fantastic but decent, it was just under 1200dps before ruby. I'm not sure what has happened to prices since then if they've gone up or down so not sure what the market is now. Be sure you put them into calculator to see which works best for you gear though, as I found the crit damage and damage bonus play a big role in overall dps. There were ones for similar prices over 50dps higher than mine that provided less of a dps boost when I was shopping for one.
Reply Quote
i think if you can get 10 - 20 k dps on the new calamity (which is very plausible with < 300 M), you would definitely be good enough for mp 10. Even a marquis ruby on your current Calamity would be decent. The 10% spike Trap bonus on the cloak definitely lowered you paper DPS requirement.

It is more about staying alive when playing on MP 10.

But, if you want to kill fast, that's a different story. The dps requirement will be a lot higher (probably around 300k dps). A 300 M Calamity would most likely not get you a 100k dps increase, need to improve on the other pieces as well.
Reply Quote
My question is ss vs archery, so as I see it putting ss on should show what you do when you crit rt? So by using archery you should increase crit'n by 10% and you should be dps'n that number that showed w/ss on rt?
Well I've done both and I swear I kill faster and do more damage w/ss I've got another quad-fecta ring that is an 54k increase over soj but I still kill faster and do more with soj,
So pls explain why everyone uses archery over ss thanks
Reply Quote
My question is ss vs archery, so as I see it putting ss on should show what you do when you crit rt? So by using archery you should increase crit'n by 10% and you should be dps'n that number that showed w/ss on rt?
Well I've done both and I swear I kill faster and do more damage w/ss I've got another quad-fecta ring that is an 54k increase over soj but I still kill faster and do more with soj,

when you say SS you mean sharpshooter right? nobody uses sharpshooter in pve... le confused
Reply Quote
Ive tested SOJ on Mp10 ghom kills, SOJ wins all the time by the margin of 20-35 seconds. Crit Dmg number are a huge difference of 100-200k

Cloak i swapped in and out, using current build in profile.
Inna chest dex189, 196vit, 5% red
Time 1:3-136

Nat cloak , 100dex, 184 vit, 12%Spikes, 6 PUR,
Time 1:33-1:34

I swapped out bitter pill for imminent doom and i got 10 seconds less to current times.

I think the only ring that could compete would be a maxed out Unity CD ring, but really the SOJ i got was 60mil and its not perfect, getting a high end rare or unity really wont increase kill times, all it will do is make my paper dps nicer, which im not interested in.

I havent done this test in a while since all my upgrades from crafts, I wasnt aware that the inna chest isnt far behind. Getting a high Dex Cloak with 12+% Spikes and high vit is hard to grab on the AH.
Reply Quote
2 questions:

1)thinking of getting a calamity to try out, have some fun with. All the top DHs have a ruby in there and all have 1600-1700 dps on it. What kind of dps should i be looking for in the calamity pre-ruby?

2)off topic a bit: SOJ: are we sure the bonus to elites is applied to bosses? I've heard mixed things, where some swear elites means anything elite or higher, others say they have seen blue posts stating bonus dmg vs elites is not applied to bosses.

perhaps if bonus dmg is not applied to bosses, the ppl seeing faster times with SOJ are just benefiting from the 10%+ spike trap dmg on it.

i have an soj btw:
+6
+10
+29
+11spiketrap

loved it, epecially for the extra disc, but recently stopped using it because of this doubt.
Edited by Borat#1110 on 3/28/2013 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
regarding 1st point in getting a good calamity imo
-1150+ dps pre ruby (around 1190 should let you hit the 1600 mark assuming you have enough wep dmg
- wep% dmg of over 48
-11% atk spd preferrably
- crit dmg over 80

btw thnx for the suggestion larvi and killua; it sucks the calamity market has skyrocked since the patch though
Edited by Neo#1863 on 3/28/2013 1:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmm wasnt aware that a blue may have posted that vs bosses...

But i see the same CD numbers from elites and bosses, ranging from 600-just under a mil. Iirc bolas do 500k as well.

But i dunno someone add some info.

Any Calamity with 1200+ dps, socketed, preferably 50% weapon or anything close to it, and 90+cd imo, M4D doesnt matter but the higher the better i suppose.
Edited by DaRkCroNo#1494 on 3/28/2013 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
2 questions:

1)thinking of getting a calamity to try out, have some fun with. All the top DHs have a ruby in there and all have 1600-1700 dps on it. What kind of dps should i be looking for in the calamity pre-ruby?

2)off topic a bit: SOJ: are we sure the bonus to elites is applied to bosses? I've heard mixed things, where some swear elites means anything elite or higher, others say they have seen blue posts stating bonus dmg vs elites is not applied to bosses.

perhaps if bonus dmg is not applied to bosses, the ppl seeing faster times with SOJ are just benefiting from the 10%+ spike trap dmg on it.

i have an soj btw:
+6
+10
+29
+11spiketrap

loved it, epecially for the extra disc, but recently stopped using it because of this doubt.

1250 dps+ if you're looking for a high end Calamity. My current one is 1295 dps.
Reply Quote
@borat

Would probably look for a calamity thats 1180+ 90 +cd 45% at least. The cd matters quite a bit considering most people go ruby and we lack the CD vs the dual socket manticore. My old calamity was 1198.7 with 100cd and it gave me more dps than most of the 1250-1270 with 70 ish cd. Costed about 150-200m less than the 1250+ ones too back when I bought it. Not sure how the prices are now days.
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 01:52 PMPosted by BurningJC007
1250 dps+ if you're looking for a high end Calamity. My current one is 1295 dps.

hmm, how much was it?

i think you're missing a lot of the ruby benefit by having that low44% wpn dmg mod and 10 instead of 11ias.

a 1200 with 50% and 11ias might end up being higher in the end, not a fact, just my rough guess.
Reply Quote

i have an soj btw:
+6
+10
+29
+11spiketrap

seems like noone wants to touch this, huh?
Reply Quote

seems like noone wants to touch this, huh?

From the description of the WD Gargantuan restless giant rune (empahsis mine):

Restless Giant

When the Gargantuan encounters an elite enemy or is near 5 enemies, it enrages for 15 seconds gaining: 20% movement speed 35% attack speed 200% Physical damage This effect cannot occur more than once every 120 seconds. Elite enemies include champions, rares, bosses, and other players.
Edited by Larvi#1905 on 3/28/2013 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

hmm, how much was it?

i think you're missing a lot of the ruby benefit by having that low44% wpn dmg mod and 10 instead of 11ias.

a 1200 with 50% and 11ias might end up being higher in the end, not a fact, just my rough guess.

Yeah my current calamity with 50% damage is about a 3k dps boost. So it's not that bad but could definitely be better. I got it for 645m.
Edited by BurningJC007#1355 on 3/28/2013 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When the Gargantuan encounters an elite enemy or is near 5 enemies, it enrages for 15 seconds gaining: 20% movement speed 35% attack speed 200% Physical damage This effect cannot occur more than once every 120 seconds. Elite enemies include champions, rares, bosses, and other players.

thanks, makes me feel better, might pop the soj back on.

but there is 2 ways to interpret that statement.
1)the list of what elite enemies include can be assumed as true for other uses of the term "elites".
2)that description is put there specifically because it varies from their generic meaning of what elite enemies are/include.
Reply Quote

when you say SS you mean sharpshooter right? nobody uses sharpshooter in pve... le confused

Yes sharp shooter like I said i've done extensive test ss vs archery and I kill faster w/ss and yellow #'s are quite higher. So is it a I'm to cool to use ss or is there something else I'm missing
Reply Quote

Lol yea i read my post very confusing I have a new baby and lack of sleep is getting to me sorry I don't know what I was going on about the soj
Reply Quote
Calamity user here. My calamity is not the problem, self found at. Pl 90 1338 dps 88 cd os.

My innas belt is pretty stout, along with the innas pants gives the 130 dex bonus.

Wondering how bad !@# the witching hour i would need to beat my current dps.

Also i know my left ring needs upgrading, besides the the 5 demonic vows that up on ah for 1.8-9 bil
Not many rings give me enough bang for the buck. The demonic vow is a 10k dps upgrade, but its duped to death and i cant afford it anyway, at least not anymore. Sitting on 700 mil becuase well upgrades cost a fortune for me at this point, so have been selling on gah everyday wi nothing to buy.

D3up doesnt take into account bonus for 2 pair innas and cant chnge the belt from innas to wh on that site. Any other site so i can see how good the wh needs to be?

And if anyone has a good ring for sale please let me know, sitting on 700 mil.

My left ring doesnt look like much, but perfect cc at 6, cd 32 and the average damage is 74 which is huge. Only one ring on gah with that much average damage and its not a trifecta either and is up there for 500 mil.

Any and all suggestions are always welcome, been sitting at 361k dps for awhile now and well i want more with out chnging weps.
Reply Quote
Just tried out setup with only 450AR and it definitely isn't a problem on MP10 with calamity but do have to use Guardian Sentry though for damage reduction. The only problem is range bosses though with plague/descecrator but then if they are range, you won't get hit by plague most of the time as they tend to stay away from you. Going to look at zunimassa's boots or a new ring for that DPS boost.

@Crymore D3up doesn't take into account set bonus but you can manually add or subtract which is what I do. Nice setup on your gear and definitely can get a better ring. I'm planning on getting a dps ring as well but I'm going to skip on CC as I feel that I already have sufficient CC and it will cost less. How are you doing with that much AR?
Reply Quote
Hmm, I'm pretty certain d3up takes bonuses into account, just played around earlier with Inna's Favor, and I made sure to take a glance at the dexterity gain/loss. Also I happened to test a Zunimassa's Trail with the same dex as the one I had on (taking away my Natalya's 3p), and the chart showed a -130dex. This just makes d3up so much awesomer!

I'm pretty new at this game and I absolutely had no idea how much +% magic damage helped with Calamity's-_-.. A Zunimassa's Trail with the same dex and minus the 3p bonus gave me a gain of 7k dps lol.

Stupid question, is the %damage from the Manticore just as good as the one from Calamity in terms of synergizing with average damage and +% magic damage stuff?
Edited by timoseewho#1824 on 3/29/2013 8:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]