Diablo® III

Calamity users

Yeah I've worked on maxing out my crit dmg as much as I can so I could use the Inna's belt. Now very few witching hours can be upgrades for me.

WH vs Innas belt for Calamity users depends upon other gear (as u wrote in another post). If you are able to maximize CD and Avereage Damage on both rings, you will probably be better with Innas.

However, for SoJ users, WH usually brings better results. For me (I use SoJ's), WH which is equipped at my DH (EU profile) has 5k DPS more then my ex Innas (which had ~170-180 dex).

@Offtopic, I saw couple of SoJ related posts above - same as above, is it good for you or not depends about your dps, other gear and if you care for paper dps or real damage :)

For me, cold strafe SoJ (+CtW) speeds 0-2 farming, cold HA SoJ (+CtW) speeds 3-7 farming, and Bola SoJ speeds mp8-10, compared to my ex quadriflecta ring which I sold for over 300M, and it wasnt so bad. However, with truly godly ring situation could be different, but I am unable to test it, dont have 4b+ :)
Edited by Shagot#2979 on 3/29/2013 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just tried out setup with only 450AR and it definitely isn't a problem on MP10 with calamity but do have to use Guardian Sentry though for damage reduction. The only problem is range bosses though with plague/descecrator but then if they are range, you won't get hit by plague most of the time as they tend to stay away from you. Going to look at zunimassa's boots or a new ring for that DPS boost.

@Crymore D3up doesn't take into account set bonus but you can manually add or subtract which is what I do. Nice setup on your gear and definitely can get a better ring. I'm planning on getting a dps ring as well but I'm going to skip on CC as I feel that I already have sufficient CC and it will cost less. How are you doing with that much AR?

Ar is about 412, its more than fine, i rarely die in any mp. Doing cota runs last night obviously mp10 in a hour i died 3 times, 1 my own fault, 2 were nothing you can do about it. But was by far the lowest amount of deaths of anyone in the group. When i die its usually my own fault not paying attention.

My problem with the ring is when i upgrade i go big or wont go at all. And sitting on 720 mil is not big enough, so i will continue to sell gold and save up. Besides the avg damage on the ring is 74 which right now only 1 ring has more avg damage at 75. The ring beats out most trifectas, and i refuse to spend 500 or 600 mil for 2k dps upgrade id rather keep on selling and save up 1.5 bil to 2 bil and grab a 10-20k dps upgrade.
Reply Quote
Yeah. I tried going more dps and sacrifising some AR and it works fine. I see your point about your next upgrade and yeah, at this point in the game, there's no point spending on small cheap upgrades. That's the biggest challenge I suppose when you reach a certain level. Everything is going to cost billions. Just thinking of losing more AR and see how it works. This is what I like about Calamity. Survivability.
Reply Quote
Calamity user here. My calamity is not the problem, self found at. Pl 90 1338 dps 88 cd os.

My innas belt is pretty stout, along with the innas pants gives the 130 dex bonus.

Wondering how bad !@# the witching hour i would need to beat my current dps.

Also i know my left ring needs upgrading, besides the the 5 demonic vows that up on ah for 1.8-9 bil
Not many rings give me enough bang for the buck. The demonic vow is a 10k dps upgrade, but its duped to death and i cant afford it anyway, at least not anymore. Sitting on 700 mil becuase well upgrades cost a fortune for me at this point, so have been selling on gah everyday wi nothing to buy.

D3up doesnt take into account bonus for 2 pair innas and cant chnge the belt from innas to wh on that site. Any other site so i can see how good the wh needs to be?

And if anyone has a good ring for sale please let me know, sitting on 700 mil.

My left ring doesnt look like much, but perfect cc at 6, cd 32 and the average damage is 74 which is huge. Only one ring on gah with that much average damage and its not a trifecta either and is up there for 500 mil.

Any and all suggestions are always welcome, been sitting at 361k dps for awhile now and well i want more with out chnging weps.

I use to do inna's belt over WH until the WH currently in profile dropped from a random white for me. My old Inna's belt had 196 dex with 8% holy damage and was an 8k dps decrease in comparison to my current WH belt. No matter how I set up my gear (3 piece nat, 2 piece inna's, etc), the WH was a clear upgrade for me. The attack speed also helps with stutter stepping so that was a bonus that helped with survival and keeping at ranged.

In general, i'll always rock zuni's boots (old or new) over 3 piece nat set boots. The dps increase is a bit insane for me not to slot them.
Reply Quote
I'm not going to pretend that I understand how the whole +min/max damage and +% elemental damage on gear synergizes with black damage weapons like Calamity, but I figured I'd ask here.

Earlier today I upgraded to an Inna's Favor from my Witching Hour which net me ~4k dps boost, and a neck with +min/max damage which gave me another ~7k dps boost. I then got trigger happy and went for a ring with +min/max damage which then gave me another ~6.5k dps boost. All was well until I was just playing around and swapped my WH back in and my dps didn't change one bit (maybe went down like literally 10 dps when prior to the ring upgrade, it was a ~4k dps loss from the IF). So my question is, is there some sort of a cap or diminishing return for this whole shebang?
Edited by timoseewho#1824 on 3/30/2013 3:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
One noob question - what is the cheapest and most value for gold upgrade from a 1000k damage Calamity? The next ones I can afford for 50-80 m are in the 1100+ range with only 5k dps increase? How do you guys afford the 1600k+ bows, assuming it wasn't through the RMAH of course?

Oops I just realised a partial answer to my very noob question inddeed - you guys are using rubies (and as am I!). Still the next significant upgrade will cost much gold.

I am using WH.
Edited by rahl#6100 on 3/30/2013 6:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Rubies add colossal dmg to calamities as you seem to have realized. Going by that mentality, one should note that rings and amulets with high avg dmg (And I mean real avg dmg, not a 30-50 dmg ring listed on the AH as 65 avg dmg because 30+50/2 is 40....) REALLy bolster damage.

Now a heavy avg dmg build benefits more from ias gear because it only amplifies the formula for each raw damage added, assuming semidecent stats are present (dex/crit/chd)...

You'd be suprised of how big a dps upgrade a 25-90 dmg ring can be if it has a tiny bit of dex, 8%+ ias and optimally additional crit/chd :p Assumine one wears a dex-crit-chd or even trifecta ring without dmg...

I know, I have the most ias out there! *flexes speedy sentries*
Reply Quote
Would I be better off with a Marquis Ruby in my Calamity? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
@ashen

in general for calamity, marq ruby > emerald. you should really just load your character into d3up.com and simulate each gem
Reply Quote
View profile
04/01/2013 09:23 AMPosted by AshenShugar
Would I be better off with a Marquis Ruby in my Calamity? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Upon initial inspection, yes, you would be better off with a Marquis Ruby.

To see how much, register with D3up.com and import your DH profile.

The site will allow you to simulate having a Marquis Ruby.

Beyond that, the site is just plain incredible for simulating gear and maximizing your build potential.
Reply Quote
I swtiched from a marq emerald in my calamity to my marq ruby, and even with 71% cc with my scoundrel, the ruby added 27k dps.
Reply Quote
just rolled a 1433 dps calamity 1.78 attack speed 83% cd. highest dps on the ah/rmah at the moment

anyone interested?
Reply Quote
Without a socket it is not worth that much.
Reply Quote
why, dont people put a ruby in anyway?
Edited by grapejuice#1348 on 4/1/2013 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 01:00 PMPosted by grapejuice
why, dont people put a ruby in anyway?

we do :p on every char I played, 2h skorn wizard, WD, 1h builds, 2h/DW barb and especially DH, my marq ruby always granted more or exactly the same dps as a emerald. The difference is tiny between the two almost regardless of stats but when it comes to calamity, because of it's low damage and 1.76-78 speed, the ruby really does more than just keep the sheet dps high! It much improves your potential string of bad luck hitting lowend damages with a lack of crit, which tends to happen even at 50% crit or more (Yeah we all know that time we REALLY NEEDED BURSTY CRITS OR WE'D DIE but it fizzled on us) :p

1200 dps sock calamity with ruby > max nonsock even with dex on it. It just adds so much raw dps. (End of rant, not to compare it further to emeralds and derail thread) ;)
Reply Quote
^alright thanks for taking the time to explain. i knew it wouldnt be worth as much as if it had a socket but its still worth way more than anything i've had drop before
Reply Quote
Calamity user here. My calamity is not the problem, self found at. Pl 90 1338 dps 88 cd os.

My innas belt is pretty stout, along with the innas pants gives the 130 dex bonus.

Wondering how bad !@# the witching hour i would need to beat my current dps.

Also i know my left ring needs upgrading, besides the the 5 demonic vows that up on ah for 1.8-9 bil
Not many rings give me enough bang for the buck. The demonic vow is a 10k dps upgrade, but its duped to death and i cant afford it anyway, at least not anymore. Sitting on 700 mil becuase well upgrades cost a fortune for me at this point, so have been selling on gah everyday wi nothing to buy.

D3up doesnt take into account bonus for 2 pair innas and cant chnge the belt from innas to wh on that site. Any other site so i can see how good the wh needs to be?

And if anyone has a good ring for sale please let me know, sitting on 700 mil.

My left ring doesnt look like much, but perfect cc at 6, cd 32 and the average damage is 74 which is huge. Only one ring on gah with that much average damage and its not a trifecta either and is up there for 500 mil.

Any and all suggestions are always welcome, been sitting at 361k dps for awhile now and well i want more with out chnging weps.

I use to do inna's belt over WH until the WH currently in profile dropped from a random white for me. My old Inna's belt had 196 dex with 8% holy damage and was an 8k dps decrease in comparison to my current WH belt. No matter how I set up my gear (3 piece nat, 2 piece inna's, etc), the WH was a clear upgrade for me. The attack speed also helps with stutter stepping so that was a bonus that helped with survival and keeping at ranged.

In general, i'll always rock zuni's boots (old or new) over 3 piece nat set boots. The dps increase is a bit insane for me not to slot them.

Cool deal, going tovyour profile now to check out what kind of wh i need, thanks dieoxide

Damn dieoxide, not easy to find a wh with that much dex. Raising the bar def :) well at least i know now what i need to raise the dps on the belt wise. Hardly ever see dex tha high on wh. Nice belt dude
Edited by Crymore#1597 on 4/1/2013 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Calamity user here but i also have a top end manti but prefer my calamity and i also am a legacy nats user with 300k dps with just Archery and i always lose DPS when switching out for an inna belt but thats just me. I dont play my DH much since im trying to lvl up my barb now to 100 and have been using my barb for demonic essence farming in hopes of making those godly crafts for my DH lol.

I can do any MP with my build and proper stutter stepping but i do die occasionally but not bad for how glass cannon i am haha
Reply Quote
View profile
Rubies add colossal dmg to calamities as you seem to have realized. Going by that mentality, one should note that rings and amulets with high avg dmg (And I mean real avg dmg, not a 30-50 dmg ring listed on the AH as 65 avg dmg because 30+50/2 is 40....) REALLy bolster damage.

Now a heavy avg dmg build benefits more from ias gear because it only amplifies the formula for each raw damage added, assuming semidecent stats are present (dex/crit/chd)...

You'd be suprised of how big a dps upgrade a 25-90 dmg ring can be if it has a tiny bit of dex, 8%+ ias and optimally additional crit/chd :p Assumine one wears a dex-crit-chd or even trifecta ring without dmg...

You speak the truth. I was in a game with the glasscannon clan last week and they were showing off their dps rings. I forgot who it was, but one of the members linked a ring with avg dmg, dex, as, and cd. Upon inspecting it, I discovered that it would of added 75k dps to my bottom line. I nearly fell out of my chair.

Up until that point, I simply never even so much as considered a ring without CC...

Naturally, I made a beeline to the AH to see what I could find. Immediately, two results came up with dex, avg dmg, cd, and as. One was listed for a BIN of 10m, and offered me a 30k dps boost. The second netted me a sizable 45k dps boost and had a current bid price of 10m with only 5 hours left. 5 hours later, I was 45k dps stronger :0)

Ironically, since that night, I haven't seen a ring for under 50-60m that comes close, so I may have just gotten lucky.
Reply Quote

You speak the truth. I was in a game with the glasscannon clan last week and they were showing off their dps rings. I forgot who it was, but one of the members linked a ring with avg dmg, dex, as, and cd. Upon inspecting it, I discovered that it would of added 75k dps to my bottom line. I nearly fell out of my chair.

Up until that point, I simply never even so much as considered a ring without CC...

Naturally, I made a beeline to the AH to see what I could find. Immediately, two results came up with dex, avg dmg, cd, and as. One was listed for a BIN of 10m, and offered me a 30k dps boost. The second netted me a sizable 45k dps boost and had a current bid price of 10m with only 5 hours left. 5 hours later, I was 45k dps stronger :0)

Ironically, since that night, I haven't seen a ring for under 50-60m that comes close, so I may have just gotten lucky.

if you want those huge DPS boosts you have to grab those big avg dmg rings with a quadfecta also lol, Razer has one of the best nats rings ive ever seen, dex, ASI, CC, CD and avg dmg lol! its very rare to get stuff with all those rolls though and nowadays all the good stuff is never on GAH anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]