Diablo® III

Calamity users

Now I understand where most of you get your dps boosts.

Sure, the elite weapon is an obvious need... But there is just sooooo much power packed into jewelry.
Edited by Tropicalypso#1473 on 4/1/2013 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

if you want those huge DPS boosts you have to grab those big avg dmg rings with a quadfecta also lol, Razer has one of the best nats rings ive ever seen, dex, ASI, CC, CD and avg dmg lol! its very rare to get stuff with all those rolls though and nowadays all the good stuff is never on GAH anymore.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

I would love to find one of those hopefully some day lol and yes, jewelry is really amazing for dps increases.
Reply Quote
Put in a Marquise Ruby yesterday and increased my damage almost 30k just by switching from emerald to ruby.
Reply Quote
I was suprised that I got almost the same - 27k. I didn't think there would be that much of a difference.
Reply Quote
posting what I've found from d3up and reading about calamitys.
These are the stats and the dps gained for my calamity gear. Posting it because I was amazed at what I found and maybe it could be helpful for others.

+1 Primary Stat 88.55
+1% Crit Hit 2,783.03
+1% Crit Hit Dmg 532.83
+1 Minimum Dmg 128.95
+1 Maximum Dmg 128.95
+1% Attack Speed 1,592.82
+1% Elemental Damage 2,396.67

Feel free to look at my gear in my profile. But according to d3up with my calamity I benefit the most dps from CC followed by elemental damage then attack speed.

Now I have found that if I switch from my Nats boots to a legacy Zuni Journey with 150+ dex due to the AS and elemental on it I could gain an additional 20k dps. I am also looking into buying a CC or high dex tal's allegiance amulet mostly because they are undervalued but because I can make up lost eHP and benefit from the under-looked elemental damage.

Also innas belt is > WH for calamity.
Reply Quote
04/03/2013 08:55 PMPosted by Glycerine
Also innas belt is > WH for calamity.

I disagree with that statement and would argue that it is gear dependent.

My current stats from d3rawr:
+1 Primary Attribute 114.72
+1% Critical Hit Chance 4366.81
+1% Critical Hit Damage 657.59
+1% Attack Speed 2330.64
+1% Elemental Damage 3822.24
+1 Min/Max Damage 180.51

*Assuming I have a Nat Cloak with same dex as my inna's chest.
- Inna's belt with 8% holy, 190 dex: +7.9k dps [taken into account the extra 130 dex set bonus]
- WH with 156 dex, 9ias, 47cd: +10k dps
It would seem that WH is still a better upgrade for dps for me if I were to look for one.
Edited by Muse#1317 on 4/4/2013 1:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think in comparison with High Dex TWH with 9ias and 45+ CD, it still overpowers Inna's. I've actually tried both with a 189 dex Inna 8% holy damage and again, TWH still gives more DPS on paper and I'm talking using a 170 Dex 9ias 49CD TWH which i borrowed from my friend. Also, there's a strange bug. I'm not sure if anyone has it, I tried Zuni boots and it showed then I gained X amount of DPS but when i put it on, my dps decreases and it's showing less DPS then when I'm wearing Nats boots. Is there something I'm missing out on?
Edited by Electroclash#6469 on 4/4/2013 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh nvm, I found out where the loss of dps is. I lost my 7.0CC set bonus after changing to zuni's..
Reply Quote
04/04/2013 07:29 AMPosted by Electroclash
Oh nvm, I found out where the loss of dps is. I lost my 7.0CC set bonus after changing to zuni's..

Zuni's are only an upgrade over nats when the 3rd piece of the nat set is the boots.

For example, My current zuni's gave me a 7k upgrade when i switched them out from a 278 dex nat's boots even with the extra 130 dex set bonus.
Reply Quote
Zuni's are only an upgrade over nats when the 3rd piece of the nat set is the boots.

For example, My current zuni's gave me a 7k upgrade when i switched them out from a 278 dex nat's boots even with the extra 130 dex set bonus.

Looks like i'll have to spend more to get that 3 pc Nat bonus to wear Zuni's. I sold mine when I switched to Inna's. This is going to be costly.. Also, looks like I have to d3up to try and balance out the lost of AR from Nat's boots. Going to check what the damage is. Zuni's with AR is stupidly expensive... Don't think I'll go with AR ones. I'm going to spend some time balancing out my gear and see what I can do to minimize spending.
Edited by Electroclash#6469 on 4/4/2013 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Now, I have some question for long time calamity users:

1. What's the optimal CHD before I can change my emerald to ruby? I'm thinking to swap gems when I hit like 450CHD so I will have like 350CHD when i change gems. I tried testing radiant rubies and it gave me like 12k dps, when d3ups only says 1k dps boost. Anyway, going back to topic, It seems that even with the 12k dps boost, I still kill faster or the same with emerald because of big crit dmg. btw, i tried this recently so I have 300 CHD with ruby already. Is this something I only imagined?

**Tried swapping gems in d3up. It says the right thing now.
Edited by xxx007#1657 on 4/5/2013 3:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Here is a link to my main accounts Hardcore Demonhunter:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Michael-13785/hero/32046448

I would post but blizzard banned my account for 1 month for "abusing blizzard staff"

1. What's the optimal CHD before I can change my emerald to ruby? I'm thinking to swap gems when I hit like 450CHD so I will have like 350CHD when i change gems. I tried testing radiant rubies and it gave me like 12k dps, when d3ups only says 1k dps boost. Anyway, going back to topic, It seems that even with the 12k dps boost, I still kill faster or the same with emerald because of big crit dmg. btw, i tried this recently so I have 300 CHD with ruby already. Is this something I only imagined?

**Tried swapping gems in d3up. It says the right thing now.

Putting an emerald in your calamity is worthless unless you have 75%cc. Ruby just wins. It might show more on paper DPS. But your runs will most def be faster with a ruby.
Edited by RUNFORIT#1236 on 4/5/2013 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Calamity user here. My calamity is not the problem, self found at. Pl 90 1338 dps 88 cd os.

My innas belt is pretty stout, along with the innas pants gives the 130 dex bonus.

Wondering how bad !@# the witching hour i would need to beat my current dps.

Also i know my left ring needs upgrading, besides the the 5 demonic vows that up on ah for 1.8-9 bil
Not many rings give me enough bang for the buck. The demonic vow is a 10k dps upgrade, but its duped to death and i cant afford it anyway, at least not anymore. Sitting on 700 mil becuase well upgrades cost a fortune for me at this point, so have been selling on gah everyday wi nothing to buy.

D3up doesnt take into account bonus for 2 pair innas and cant chnge the belt from innas to wh on that site. Any other site so i can see how good the wh needs to be?

And if anyone has a good ring for sale please let me know, sitting on 700 mil.

My left ring doesnt look like much, but perfect cc at 6, cd 32 and the average damage is 74 which is huge. Only one ring on gah with that much average damage and its not a trifecta either and is up there for 500 mil.

Any and all suggestions are always welcome, been sitting at 361k dps for awhile now and well i want more with out chnging weps.

self found lol. Would love to see the screenshot of the calmity on the ground, then an ID after. 1338 88cd os? rofl. i just don't believe you im sorry :( I multi-box 4 demonhunters and have never found anything close to that in over 600 hours played. I've found a few godly echoing fury. But out of the 30+calamities / manticore's i've picked up from act3. Not a single one sold for more than 1 mil

Guess you are super lucky....
Edited by RUNFORIT#1236 on 4/5/2013 9:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^ jealous
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]