Diablo® III

dual wielding here, target of 300k dps

So, I am going to be aiming for 300k dps, dual wielding, with archery on.

Currently I am using Calamity with danettas spite off hand, thinking of making the switch to danettas revenge if i can find a decent enough one that wont lose me dps.

Also going to be changing that rare tri-fecta ring with with no avg dmg to a nats with avg dmg + cc or cd

That opens up a spot to try Zunnis boots over my current 180dex/80 vita nats

Other than that Im not too sure where my upgrades lie. Maybe a better amulet with avg dmg and trifecta but we all know those are hard to craft.

Any thoughts from other dual wielders? anyone currently sitting at 300k dps + that I could take a peak at?

Thanks

-Perg
Reply Quote
Funny you should post this. I'm about to go shopping for a new Danetta's Spite, top end with a socket and high native CD so I can screw around with some DW. Hoping to maintain my 300k DPS
Reply Quote
I hit 300k by switching out my DML to danetta spite and andy helm (and that's with 3 piece legacy nats)

blizz really killed dw cuz my hp went down 12K.. dps went down by 2-3k as well. And i have one of the top spite..
Reply Quote
If you look at my profile i have 181k dps at the moment, but that doesn't take into account my SOJ, + damage modifiers for my spike trap, keeping bait the trap up for 10cc, using MFD and using cull the weak. When i have all these up and running according to D3UP my paper dps is at 269k dps vs white trash and 347k dps vs elites. So you can technically say that im over 300k dps LOL :D

Just looking at your gear i would change your ring to a nats ring with ave dam + cc over cd for better disc sustain at higher mp's.

Your amulet gives good ehp but if you want dps you will have to craft for better cc (8-10) simlar cd (80%+) and ave dam (30-60) and if you are really lucky get a trifecta.

Your gloves need IAS on them but otherwise good.

Your bracers are missing out on 40-50 dex and you can also probably get some AR on these as well.

If you can survive losing out on the vit change your inna's pants to high dex ones 150+ you could also do this with your shoulders as well (very nice vile wards)

And to be completely unrealistic a 200dex, 9ias, 6cc Mempo would be good as well :D

Best of luck getting to 300k dps though.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 08:04 AMPosted by scud
and andy helm (and that's with 3 piece legacy nats)

why on EARTH would you want a 3pc Nat's Legacy??? It's either 4pc or go New. I think you need to regear.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 08:34 AMPosted by Oscar
and andy helm (and that's with 3 piece legacy nats)

why on EARTH would you want a 3pc Nat's Legacy??? It's either 4pc or go New. I think you need to regear.

obviously im not using 3pc nats legacy ~_~

just did a helm swap to see if i hit 300K
Reply Quote
1 - Mempo of Twilight with 3 or 4 critical hit chance.
2 - Unity with 40% critical hit damage.
3 - Trifecta amulet with similar stats as yours.
4 - Calamity with more DPS.
Reply Quote
Best of luck to you on hitting 300 k with DW. Last night I just broke 200 k DPS w/out steady aim. :-)
Now I'm shooting for 300 k; don't know how easy that will be with using Revenge as my off hand.
Reply Quote
wasting your time trying to DW, just save your $ and get a great dead mans and calamity. DW is a loss in all categories right now and has been bad for months and months now since 1.04 hit.

It looks cool but its not worth the loss
Reply Quote
Its possible to hit 300k dps with Danetta set. I used a dps calculator to check what I'd be with certain modifiers and I was at 300k. However this includes trifecta gloves, rings, and amulet. It also requires top end gems that I don't have yet.

And don't listen to METATRON. Danetta's set loses out on a little bit of a crit chance and vitality in exchange for much higher crit damage and dexterity. 300 crit damage + 10 crit chance + 500 dexterity is nothing to laugh about.
Edited by Nianque#1687 on 3/30/2013 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Its possible to hit 300k dps with Danetta set. I used a dps calculator to check what I'd be with certain modifiers and I was at 300k. However this includes trifecta gloves, rings, and amulet. It also requires top end gems that I don't have yet.

And don't listen to METATRON. Danetta's set loses out on a little bit of a crit chance and vitality in exchange for much higher crit damage and dexterity. 220 crit damage + 10 crit chance + 500 dexterity is nothing to laugh about.

yea because gaining 100 dex tops and losing a potential 300 vit, 5% attack speed and 10% crit chance is a small thing :\

believe me i OWN both top end Danetta's and i lose everywhere except crit dmg when paired up with my calamity and spite and its even worse when using both danettas together and that loss in crit damage is nothing compared to the loss everywhere else and when im just single wielding my calamity im shooting faster anyways to make up for the slight crit loss.
Reply Quote
View profile
I have been playing with danetta's the past few days but I'm still sitting at 200k with it, not any better than my nata+cala built.

for me getting to 300k (without giving up on full set of nata shadow) will need
1 tri glove, 1 tri ring, 1 tri ammy all with 150-300 dex.
aps bonus of 65+% and a critical hit chance of 65%+ and damage of 500%+
you will end up with 3300 dex or more to be there. Basically 99% perfect roll. Don't buy off AH unless you are rich. Have fun farming the item, you will enjoy the game more.

If you are going to use danetta you will need 300 more dex than me to cover over the 11% aps lost. Inna is not going to help you on the waist get witching hour, forget about vit and high AR. you will have perma gloom. But you must have at least

350 all res
4000 armor
35k life

to survive all level of MP.
Reply Quote

And don't listen to METATRON. Danetta's set loses out on a little bit of a crit chance and vitality in exchange for much higher crit damage and dexterity. 300 crit damage + 10 crit chance + 500 dexterity is nothing to laugh about.

crit damage is calculated in the paper dps number (so someone w 500CD and 200k dps doesnt do as much damage as someone with 400cd and 300k dps). not sure where you get +500 dex from vs DML. also, it's -(minus) 10 cc, not +10 cc.

there is NO reason other than looks to dual wield, plain and simple.

o/
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Veritech

Agreed. But after running MP 7-10 with a Manti/DML set-up until I'm ready to puke, it's either take a break or change things up. DW was exactly what I needed to keep things fresh and motivate me to log in. Granted, I'm not running high MP's anymore, but running is fun again.
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 12:53 PMPosted by METATRON
believe me i OWN both top end Danetta's and i lose everywhere except crit dmg when paired up with my calamity and spite and its even worse when using both danettas together and that loss in crit damage is nothing compared to the loss everywhere else and when im just single wielding my calamity im shooting faster anyways to make up for the slight crit loss.

Yeah been here for sure, but I do like the novelty of it. So yeah, I'm buying another... Of course I SOLD my last Danetta's Spite 1065 DPS, 50% WD, 189 Dex, 97% CD, Open socket, for $75, but I think I can get another like it for under 100m. :-) I'm hopeful...
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 02:15 PMPosted by BakRakADak

Agreed. But after running MP 7-10 with a Manti/DML set-up until I'm ready to puke, it's either take a break or change things up. DW was exactly what I needed to keep things fresh and motivate me to log in. Granted, I'm not running high MP's anymore, but running is fun again.

you could just switch the manti to a calamity. I did that for a while, was a nice change of pace (pun intended).

since I hit 100, I'm back to lower MP speed farming for DE/loot (MP3 now)

o/
Reply Quote
wasting your time trying to DW, just save your $ and get a great dead mans and calamity. DW is a loss in all categories right now and has been bad for months and months now since 1.04 hit.

It looks cool but its not worth the loss

Might suck but its all about style my friend.

Just bought a 1038 danettas revenge and it dropped me to 222k dps from 244k dps... not that terrible..

also works way better for strafe farming cause the dual wielding is so slow since i lost 11% from calamity and 20% from dml
Reply Quote
View profile
@Pergalinski

nice revenge, but I suggest you switch up your spite, for 1hand it better if you have high min > high max. don't worry not having the disc bonus, 9 is no different from 10. And get as close to 200 dex to keep your dps up.

gloom use 16, vault use 8 and you get 1 disc per sec you can always chain gloom in close combat
*39-16 = 23+5 = *28-16 = 12+5 = *17-16 = 1
3 chain of gloom the same as 40 disc.
Reply Quote
@Pergalinski

nice revenge, but I suggest you switch up your spite, for 1hand it better if you have high min > high max. don't worry not having the disc bonus, 9 is no different from 10. And get as close to 200 dex to keep your dps up.

gloom use 16, vault use 8 and you get 1 disc per sec you can always chain gloom in close combat
*39-16 = 23+5 = *28-16 = 12+5 = *17-16 = 1
3 chain of gloom the same as 40 disc.

Definitely, I just happened to snag that spite for like 12m in a list of similar ones for like 40m

id love to find one with around 1050 dps

my goal is 300k dps dual wielding danettas
Reply Quote
I'm glad I found this thread. I'm at 198k DPS dual wielding currently, and I'll add about 4-5k DPS when I upgrade my weapon gems to radiant emeralds finally very soon, putting me over 200k DPS. After that my goal is to get a better Nat's Reflection, one with 9% IAS, 4.5 cc, and another damage multiplier like extra dex/avg dmg./cd. That way I can switch my helm to a Mempo for some added survivability without losing any DPS.

Keep chuggin along, Dual Wielders! Better days are ahead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]