Diablo® III

Possibly coming back to DH & have questions

So I started playing diablo as a DH and really enjoyed it, I've been through every other class and still feel I had the most fun as a DH. I have a few questions before I decide to buy my DH gear again though.

1) What builds are the most effective these days? I've heard the grenades build is quite useful.
2) would I be better off buying a legacy nats set (would be a lower tier, ring would be the cheapest one I could find) or should I just use what I can from my monk and fill in the gaps where I need to with other pieces.
3) Assuming I sold everything I'd have about ~200M to work with, realistically what kind of dps would I be able to achieve and what MP would that budget be able to handle?
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
I doubt my gear is worth much more than 200m (not sure as I have never spent more than 95m (calamity) and everything else was less than 20m) and can do mp6-7 efficiently solo and can handle all the way to mp10 with others with minimal deaths.

I have ~300k dps with archery and steady aim. I don't think you need to start over, and other than pvp, legacy nats is not worth it imho. I can pretty much permagloom just from bola - bitter pill and dont need nightstalker or preparation.
Reply Quote
I have both.

Fun factor = DH wins
Work factor = Monk wins

Fun means many different skills work great together. You actually have to be worried about not dying so moving around and actually playing the game will be a lot more fun. You do need more skills to play DH whether it's PVE or PVP.

Work means that your in-game DPS is not the same. Monks will blow the DH away when it comes down to farming. That includes low and high MP levels.

I use my DH for brawling and for MP10 keys. I use my TR monk for low to mid DE and regular farming. The only reason why I don't use my Monk for MP10 is because I didn't gear him to do it. He can do it but it's not optimal with no attack speed.
Reply Quote
BLK, you make an excellent point and really I could just keep a weapon/quiver/helm on my DH and just transfer the other pieces from my monk when I feel like it. By the way both your monk and your DH have awesome gear!
Reply Quote
The more disc you have the more fun you'll have. I've been rolling with almost 70 disc and I can perma vault and perma gloom as needed. A lot of DHs don't go with my build, but I'm kinda specialized for low MP farming.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)