Diablo® III

Demon Hunter follower, templar for tank? or..

So, I know that its up to me and how I play and what items i have and what not, but in general, saying im pretty good... should i use a tank? 'though i hear and have seen that he doesn't draw enough attention and does low dam. or should I use demon hunter follower with Demon Hunter Character for the crit. dam. bonus? ooorrr.... enchant for her def. bonus? IDK!!! buy in general, ill keep playing and see how I like them, i just thought anothers opinion would help... so, thank you for your time.

"The foul smell of death fills this place", -sounds almost like Diablo1 barb. lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
Equip him with an Azurewrathe and a ton of eHp, and he becomes an amazing tank.
Reply Quote
Im still asking, tank or DH for DH char.??
Reply Quote
03/30/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Rohan1
Im still asking, tank or DH for DH char.??

Depends on your playstyle. While the templar can, conceivably, act as an ok tank, the followers are really more beneficial for the buffs they bring and the gear they can wear-xp/mf/gf gear.
Reply Quote
Regardless of class, I've found that using an enchantress with maximus and geared for vitality/life on hit works far better for tanking than the templar. The demon summoned by maximus is pretty durable, and because he fights in melee while the enchantress stays at range the fire chains effect between them is put to good use. My monk's enchantress has like 60k life, and I havent yet had her die on mp4-5 soloing.
Reply Quote
the best ive found is the scoundrel. I suggest equipping him with a windforce (dmg doesnt matter you just want as high of a knockback chance that you can get) Makes sure he is using multishot and give him as much vit and attack speed as possible. Also be sure to use his 3% crit passive. He will knock back groups of enemies nearly every other shot. Mine also uses a cold dmg SoJ so the enemies he knocks back are also slowed. I like it so much I don't enjoy playing w/o him anymore.

just my 2 cp.
Reply Quote
For softcore, Scoundrel is absolutely the best with a cold damage weapon and Multishop. You should try to get a Buriza and a Star of Azakanoth (sp?)
For Hardcore, I will say that I love my Templar. He has saved my ash more than once. I am certain I won't be changing him out any time soon.
Reply Quote
View profile
One thing to keep in mind is that a WF equipped Scoundrel is not recommended for a trap build. He will knock monsters off the trap.
Reply Quote
Definitely scoundrel with a strong knockback on WF is the best demon actions interruptor, meanwhile you put EB traps, shoot bolas ignated with short shots of lightning balls to inhibit detonation. MP9+ is easy like a piece of cake this way.
Reply Quote
I think a Buriza-freeza scoundrel is more effective.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Iria
I think a Buriza-freeza scoundrel is more effective.

Absolutely, especially if you're playing with Echo Traps. Knock 'em off or hold 'em down? No brainer.

If you're kiting, I still think that Buriza-Star is the best combo vs KB combos.
Reply Quote
View profile
enchantress for tank
give her high aps and use this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/maximus

the demon will tank for you. mobs will attack the demon before they attack you.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the Info! really helped. I like the enchantress idea. i just bought that sword with 24to fire dam. and 14 to demon for cheap. with intell. 220. what a steal!
Reply Quote
-oh, and the demon looks cool and is decent in strength.
Reply Quote
Here is how I play it (take it for what it is worth).

I use Templar for lower MPs when I use high Hatred consumption (such as Strafe/BallLightning/etc). I tend to use companion:bat as well to maximum hatred regen.

For higher MPs when I get rid of Companion and move to something like Spiked Traps:Echoing, I move over to my Scoundrel for the extra CC. Also my scoundrel has a buriza bow to help with freeze/slowing of enemies.

I don't use one follower as a perma solution It depends on what I want help with as stated above.
Reply Quote
Buriza Scoundrel for me. There might be better solutions, but I feel most comfortable with this one.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Pariah
Definitely scoundrel with a strong knockback on WF is the best demon actions interruptor, meanwhile you put EB traps, shoot bolas ignated with short shots of lightning balls to inhibit detonation. MP9+ is easy like a piece of cake this way.

Somehow I feel that has less to do with your follower and more to do with the fact you have bloody 560k dps!!!!1111
Reply Quote
I found that a Buriza scoundrel with vit and atk speed jewelry fits my play style. I play with traps and there are times when a WF would knock a mob off of it. The multishot pierce freeze of the Buriza provides, in my opinion, the best follower CC. Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
For me Scoundrel is the worst follower, he got a nice Hellrack but isnt that effective how should be, but sure i could give him a WF but i wont because i like him to use xbows, same for Enchantress only staffs are allowed.
Enchantress is doing the best damage, and can survive pretty good, while Scoundrel dies :(
But my Templar can tank Rakanoth on Inferno mp 6 i thinks thats pretty awesome.
Reply Quote
scoundrel and buriza-do-kyanon...

dat freeze proc...

dayum.....

like having my own little pocket CM wiz hehe!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]