Diablo® III

Do I have to go Echoing Fury?

04/02/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Immortal
EF are noobs and Epeens.. I don't see how this weapon is viable for high MP and group plays... Your edps would be so low because of the fear factor...

LOL.

what a funny guy.
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Weegee
EF are noobs and Epeens.. I don't see how this weapon is viable for high MP and group plays... Your edps would be so low because of the fear factor...

LOL.

what a funny guy.

I play MP10, generally with a CM wizard and a HOTA barb. The barb and I use EF, and have no issues with fear at all. I use cyclone strike to yank them within range of the wizard, and things die extremely quickly.
Reply Quote
I just went from an echoing fury with LS that put me at 130k DPS (11% fear), to one without that put me at 160k DPS (19% fear). Because of the reduced health inflo from my SW/Cyclones, I find I am a little more fragile... but things die a lot faster.

I don't mind the fear. I am not taking damage from things that run from me. I just have to be patient when molten things flee, and wait for them to come back. My own foot speed is good enough that I can otherwise manage the fear effect pretty well, so I don't get the complaints about it.
Reply Quote
Really not a fan of the fear, the paper dps increase isn't much consolation for seeing mobs scatter and making my EP build pointless. Can't really find room for cyclone strike either. Had to hand over the socketed EF that dropped the other night to my barb who got a much better dps boost anyhow.
Reply Quote
If you don't wanna use EF just don't use it ! "Do or do not, there is no try"
Edited by BONEYARD#1410 on 4/4/2013 4:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
EF would be the best weapon in the game if it weren't for the fear. It could be Best in Slot for PvP though.

I love that ApS boost, can't stand the fear. It's a trade off you have to live with. Try it out and see if you like it. I tried it out, loved it initially, hated it after a few weeks of use.
Reply Quote
EF is garbage, definitely not the most amazing weapon by a wide margin. The naturally high base damage, increased APS, 150+ dex, CD% & socket are all negated by fear, because having 1 target run 10yds away for 3 seconds is virtually apocalyptic
Edited by Azakiah#1996 on 4/4/2013 6:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've owned every kind of EF in the game, LS, CD, with a socket u name it...it's alright I don't like it for group play on the high MP's...I especially will not play with a WW barb on MP10 who uses an EF (good God that fear proc chance with WW is craaazy).

I do not use one myself...however I currently have 2 amazing none socketed EF that would be absolutely amazing with one, so I've got them stashed away for when the option to socket becomes available (I guess EXP pack so maybe a long way off but it's good to plan ahead)...at that point they would be too good not to use over rares:)
Reply Quote
View profile
EF is garbage, definitely not the most amazing weapon by a wide margin. The naturally high base damage, increased APS, 150+ dex, CD% & socket are all negated by fear, because having 1 target run 10yds away for 3 seconds is virtually apocalyptic

Your EF would give me a 40K boost in unbuffed dps. It's one of the best ones I've seen around. Enjoy it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]