Diablo® III

Gold Sellers Are Back Strong Wtf?

Why is all the trade channels flooded with gold sellers again? Can this please be fixed again asap. My block list is filling up quick. I actually use the trade channel. It makes it pretty annoying to have to keep scrolling up and finding what caught your eye.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Just wanted to jump in really quickly to confirm that there was a bug with our Report Spam feature today, which in turn caused chat spam to increase. That bug has since been fixed and you should all start to see a rapid decline in chat spam almost immediately.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Lylirra
Just wanted to jump in really quickly to confirm that there was a bug with our Report Spam feature today, which in turn caused chat spam to increase. That bug has since been fixed and you should all start to see a rapid decline in chat spam almost immediately.

cold beans!
Reply Quote
I was actually not expecting this to be fixed before this weekend. You pleasantly surprised me! Has this bug also been fixed in Europe?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/29/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Woah
I was actually not expecting this to be fixed before this weekend. You pleasantly surprised me! Has this bug also been fixed in Europe?

I believe the fix was just rolled out to our Asia and Europe game regions. :)
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Lylirra

I believe the fix was just rolled out to our Asia and Europe game regions. :)

a lot of ppl believe silly things around the world... santa exists, easter bunny... i wont get into "god" but u get wut im saying ... belief is nothing without facts in a modern age

long live me
Reply Quote
I just re-post this and hope someone from blizzard can see and bring the idea to the dev team.

These are good ideas to kill off gold seller and 3rd party site at once!

To stop gold sellers:

1) Put a cap which a person can only trade X gold to another person per day. I mean in game, not the AH. For example, set 1 mil/day is the maximum. So a gold seller need 100 days to complete a transaction of 100 mil. This can almost kill every 3rd party gold seller out there.

Q) Some people may argue, how do i help my friend to gear up like that?
A) The answer is to buy him the item and pass it to him directly.

Q) How about repair then?
A) 1 mil/day is more than enough for a day's repair bill.

Q) You nuts? how am i going to trade with my friend then?
A) 99% of the players don't use the trade window to trade (its a fact). So most likely you are lying and just want to buy/sell stuff from 3rd party sites.

To stop AH flipper and inflation:

1) Put a counter on any item that bought from AH. You cant resell the item within 7 days. This will increase the risk a flipper have to take. He need to take a higher risk for the price fluctuation and some unforeseen situations in the AH for 7 days.

Q) Isn't it punishing the legit players too?
A) I believe most of the legit player wont buy and resell the item within 7 days. Only flippers do..

Q) What's wrong with flipping? I buy low and sell high only!
A) It sounds nothing wrong but actually it mess up the whole economy and make the majority suffer! Why? Items are the most important assets in D3 world. Same like our property in real world. A flipper, deliberately flipping the price everyday just for personal gain. No body is out there to control him and not enough measures are in place to stop him from doing it without limits. That's why we have such a huge financial mess in real world and as well in D3 world. We must put a stop to it or at least add some control measure.. FYI, most flippers are actually gold sellers...

2) Put in place a progressive tax system. A super gold sink! We should tax the rich more than tax the poor don't you think so? This will help to fight inflation and make flipping far less attractive.

For example, an item sold for >1.5bil = 40% tax, >1bil = 35% tax, >750mil = 30% tax, >500mil = 25% tax, >250mil = 20% tax and anything 100mil and below = 15% tax.

Q) You crazy? this will make me poor! i rather sell the item on 3rd party site!
A) No, this will not make you poor. When the inflation got corrected, you gold worth more per dollar. You cant sell on 3rd party site either. Due to the max 1mil/day cap i suggested above, you cant trade anything more than 1mil. This will kill off the 3rd party market completely :)
Reply Quote
seriously you have no understanding of economics or of the way people conduct their gameplay tradings to make such a bold statement and to claim "Its a fact"

A) 99% of the players don't use the trade window to trade (its a fact). So most likely you are lying and just want to buy/sell stuff from 3rd party sites.

99% of statistics online are made up on the spot... "(its a FACT)"

i know of about 5-10 people on my friendlist who do trades all the time through trade window. its why we have a "TRADE channel" .. so that means the dozens of #12345 Trade channels with max capacity of 99 players must be only 1% of the player database according to you?.

EDIT: Also im a casual player myself, you can check my profile and see im not a multi billion gold player either.
ive done many trades through window just getting good deals. maybe people dont know the value of what they have "PC on X item" or whatever.. for example.

also take into consideration the certain items that can sell for more than 2 billion. nobody wants to give up their few hundred mill profit for their lucky find on a 6% crit mempo for example.
not to mention 300 mill for 15% AH cut even if you sold an item at the 2 bill max limit.

how about you go get a job and ask them to limit you to 1 dollar an hour. i can promise you you would quit that job soon after just like ppl would quit this game if they did something so ridiculous.
Edited by InnerTurmoil#1378 on 3/29/2013 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sorry try again next week.

Me and friends are constantly loaning each other gold, which can rnge anywhere from 20 mil to 2-300 mil. I cant buy the item for him you know why? Because the item is 500 mil and he has the other 2-300 mil. So no more helping real life friends out?

Ummm yeah, no.

Most of us sit on a couple hundred million or more at any given point. And its from selling stuff on gah, thankfully you didnt want to cap that also to a mil per day.

Just lent my aussie friend 50 mil 2 weeks ago, she paid me back last week. according to the above would have taken 50 days to lend her the gold for an item that only had 23 hours left on it.

Read the rest of your post, you are either a poor player or an idiot. Or both
Reply Quote
Blizzard should just hire hackers to attack all the main gold selling websites which cause 90% of all spam. Make it illegal to sell gold outside of the AH, and ban the obvious botters/gold sellers. Force everyone to use the RMAH if they want to buy gold, this keeps the value of gold at a set value, and obviously Blizz profits. Seriously, the gold spam is out of hand, even when reporting is working properly. Additionally, if that many accounts are being hacked because some idiot kids buy gold from shady places, something should be done about it. Right now, the RMAH is not combating the out of game gold selling market in the slightest, and if that is the case why have a RMAH at all other than to reap some profits. Lack of care and greed do not add up to improving or maintaining this game. 3rd party selling should have been made illegal from day 1, instant bans for all who got caught, loss of account and expensive items, that'd put a stop to all the BS pretty fast. Account restorations also should have never happened. If you got hacked, its because you brought it on yourself, and deserved it. Leniency by Blizz - why the economy in Diablo is shot.
Reply Quote
I must have spam reported like 20 of em today haha nail em to a cross and burn them alive....or.... Banning them works too lol
Reply Quote
seriously you have no understanding of economics or of the way people conduct their gameplay tradings to make such a bold statement and to claim "Its a fact"

99% of statistics online are made up on the spot... "(its a FACT)"

i know of about 5-10 people on my friendlist who do trades all the time through trade window. its why we have a "TRADE channel" .. so that means the dozens of #12345 Trade channels with max capacity of 99 players must be only 1% of the player database according to you?.

EDIT: Also im a casual player myself, you can check my profile and see im not a multi billion gold player either.
ive done many trades through window just getting good deals. maybe people dont know the value of what they have "PC on X item" or whatever.. for example.

also take into consideration the certain items that can sell for more than 2 billion. nobody wants to give up their few hundred mill profit for their lucky find on a 6% crit mempo for example.
not to mention 300 mill for 15% AH cut even if you sold an item at the 2 bill max limit.

how about you go get a job and ask them to limit you to 1 dollar an hour. i can promise you you would quit that job soon after just like ppl would quit this game if they did something so ridiculous.

Blizzard will have real statistics to tell who is the majority. Sacrifice a VERY SMALL population is a small price to pay for killing off all the 3rd party (illegal) sites! It is a real deal that will benefit most of the people and also 'blizzard's pocket' as well which i hate to mention...

Also, no matter how much you think your item is worth (5b? 10b? 100b)?, trading outside of the game is ILLEGAL! Blizzard missed the gray area so gold sellers, flippers and greedy players can take advantage. I just got it covered and none of the dirty people can take advantage anymore. Yes, i agree some items are VERY rare that should worth a lot. But a few billion an item is TOO FAR out of reach even for very serious players. It is as far as from one universe to another universe!! Serious players will have no choice but to flip or buy gold from gold sellers, so the ultimate winner are the gold sellers and 3rd pty sites. Not you or me! The vast majority of players are just victims!

Also someone mention you need to 'borrow' $ to your friend to buy items. You can buy it for him and pass it to him if he is your real friend! and then he gives back his old item to you to sell back as gold.

Anyway what we are targeting is those gold seller and greedy flippers that mess up the economy, not those legit players like me and you.
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 07:27 PMPosted by Recluce
Any blue pls??

You don't need a blue. Your ideas are terrible.

1) Stops in game trading. If it doesn't, then you just trade a worthless item for a billion gold and get it that way.

2) Does not stop flipping at all. Trust me, we can get around that. Its not a problem anyway, and blaming real world financial problems on "flippers" shows that you have no idea of the causal factors leading up to this mess. Here is a hint, the flipping behavior you see, including simple house flipping all the way up mbs and cdo's backed by subprime mortgages bundled and sold and resoled were symptoms of the problem. Not the cause.

3) Progressive tax just moves high priced items from the gah to rmah or third party.

On a bright note, if you ever want to move the US you have a promising future in politics here.

Since you decided to repost this nonsense, I will repost my response.
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Recluce

You don't need a blue. Your ideas are terrible.

1) Stops in game trading. If it doesn't, then you just trade a worthless item for a billion gold and get it that way.

2) Does not stop flipping at all. Trust me, we can get around that. Its not a problem anyway, and blaming real world financial problems on "flippers" shows that you have no idea of the causal factors leading up to this mess. Here is a hint, the flipping behavior you see, including simple house flipping all the way up mbs and cdo's backed by subprime mortgages bundled and sold and resoled were symptoms of the problem. Not the cause.

3) Progressive tax just moves high priced items from the gah to rmah or third party.

On a bright note, if you ever want to move the US you have a promising future in politics here.

Since you decided to repost this nonsense, I will repost my response.

This is not nonsense. Its completely workable. your argument doesn't make any sense.
Reply Quote
I just re-post this and hope someone from blizzard can see and bring the idea to the dev team.

These are good ideas to kill off gold seller and 3rd party site at once!

To stop gold sellers:

1) Put a cap which a person can only trade X gold to another person per day. I mean in game, not the AH. For example, set 1 mil/day is the maximum. So a gold seller need 100 days to complete a transaction of 100 mil. This can almost kill every 3rd party gold seller out there.

Q) Some people may argue, how do i help my friend to gear up like that?
A) The answer is to buy him the item and pass it to him directly.

Q) How about repair then?
A) 1 mil/day is more than enough for a day's repair bill.

To stop AH flipper and inflation:

1) Put a counter on any item that bought from AH. You cant resell the item within 7 days. This will increase the risk a flipper have to take. He need to take a higher risk for the price fluctuation and some unforeseen situations in the AH for 7 days.

Q) Isn't it punishing the legit players too?
A) I believe most of the legit player wont buy and resell the item within 7 days. Only flippers do..

Q) What's wrong with flipping? I buy low and sell high only!
A) It sounds nothing wrong but actually it mess up the whole economy and make the majority suffer! Why? Items are the most important assets in D3 world. Same like our property in real world. A flipper, deliberately flipping the price everyday just for personal gain. No body is out there to control him and not enough measures are in place to stop him from doing it without limits. That's why we have such a huge financial mess in real world and as well in D3 world. We must put a stop to it or at least add some control measure.. FYI, most flippers are actually gold sellers...

2) Put in place a progressive tax system. A super gold sink! We should tax the rich more than tax the poor don't you think so? This will help to fight inflation and make flipping far less attractive.

For example, an item sold for >1.5bil = 40% tax, >1bil = 35% tax, >750mil = 30% tax, >500mil = 25% tax, >250mil = 20% tax and anything 100mil and below = 15% tax.

Q) You crazy? this will make me poor! i rather sell the item on 3rd party site!
A) No, this will not make you poor. When the inflation got corrected, you gold worth more per dollar. You cant sell on 3rd party site either. Due to the max 1mil/day cap i suggested above, you cant trade anything more than 1mil. This will kill off the 3rd party market completely :)

Umm lots of holes there. The idea on how to stop gold sellers can be worked around real easy. The gold seller just ask the buyer to put up a crap item for XXXmil gold and takes the 15% tax or put up multiple items for XXXmil gold to get the least tax %. Also increase in tax is bad because its taking gold from players for no reason. I find an awesome weapon but i get taxed 40% cause I'm "rich". People with tons of gold aren't rich, they just put more real money/time into the game. Want to stop auction house flipping? Just don't buy high.

Q) You walk into a local store and see the new Iphone for 50 bucks. You know other people would pay much more. You got like 500 bucks to spend on crap u don't need. Do you buy some to sell a few hundred?
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 06:28 PMPosted by UGotGanked
Blizzard should just hire hackers to attack all the main gold selling websites which cause 90% of all spam. Make it illegal to sell gold outside of the AH, and ban the obvious botters/gold sellers. Force everyone to use the RMAH if they want to buy gold, this keeps the value of gold at a set value, and obviously Blizz profits. Seriously, the gold spam is out of hand, even when reporting is working properly. Additionally, if that many accounts are being hacked because some idiot kids buy gold from shady places, something should be done about it. Right now, the RMAH is not combating the out of game gold selling market in the slightest, and if that is the case why have a RMAH at all other than to reap some profits. Lack of care and greed do not add up to improving or maintaining this game. 3rd party selling should have been made illegal from day 1, instant bans for all who got caught, loss of account and expensive items, that'd put a stop to all the BS pretty fast. Account restorations also should have never happened. If you got hacked, its because you brought it on yourself, and deserved it. Leniency by Blizz - why the economy in Diablo is shot.

You may be surprised to learn that the ToU is not legally binding and selling gold for games isn't illegal, while on the other hand attacking websites via DDOS attacks is in fact illegal. Also it would open Blizzard up to (more?) DDOS attacks from those sites as payback. It would have the potential to just turn into a big ugly mess and solve nothing. Meanwhile they already ban for botting as soon as its detected.

What I really think gives gold sellers business is the price floor for buying gold in the RMAH. Reducing the floor significantly, or removing it altogether, would help combat the profitability of those sites.
Edited by Hotshot#1904 on 3/30/2013 12:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I just want one feature......I want a "does not accept friend requests" option. I keep getting constant friend requests from gold spamming sites, I've tried blocking and they seem to make another character and continue, I've reported several times and that doesn't stop them. I've even reported saying they're real life harrassing me and guess what happened? Nothing.

I want an option where someone has to have X amount of achievement before they can send me a friend request. This would mean that the farmers would have to use their gold farming acounts instead of their 0 point ones they just buy to spam out for advertisment.
Reply Quote
Shameless bump & link to similar thread;
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8518011845?page=2#29
Reply Quote
Newtype = Some good ideas, but most very poor ideas. I have actually enjoyed the game. I have miserably hated any nerfs whether they affected me or not (its a poor short term concept to placate whiners). I love freedom and a free economy, accepted it, and have learned to deal with it, and things are very much enjoyable.

Botting is the real problem and you miss that completely, it would be better to focus efforts on bot removal and tracking then to start jacking around the game and auction house with all kinds of extra rules and regulations. You are fast heading down the road becoming like the morons that want to tell everyone how and when and what they are supposed to eat.

You play the game long enough you will get some good items to sell and have money too. Only took me about 8 months as a normal single player to finally get somewhere that I have envied for a long time.

I would like the option to deny all friend requests. Nice idea Valkearis.

Lastly, I made the mistake of joining public chats and games when I started playing - erroneously thinking Blizzard would surely have put a control on bots by now since the Diablo 2 days of long ago. Now, unfortunatley, after never visiting public games once I got my first gold spam friend add....... 8 months later, I am still getting friend requests about once a week. Posting here will probably get me more for craps sake! ... probably be my last post.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]