Diablo® III

Stuck on updating blizzard launcher

Turned off D3 last night tried to get back in, stuck on updating blizzard launcher 3/4 left it overnight and it still on 3/4.
Reply Quote
restarted my computer and nothing....
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
I can't seem to find a D3 specific article about the launcher, although I am sure there is one! The launcher is the same for WoW and for D3 though so the tips here may help. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-patch-troubleshooting

You can also browse the D3 installation article for some more tips on how to overcome common issues. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-installation-troubleshooting-pc
Reply Quote
Thx I tried setup again like it suggest starts doing something silly than get error: BLZPTS00007 tried again got BLZPTS00008
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
The first error is an issue with Agent.exe https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZAPPBTS00007

And the second https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZPTS00008
Reply Quote
Yeah pretty much have done all they suggest and nothing......
Reply Quote
After deleting the battle.net folder D3 launcher stuck on 1/3 updating blizzard update agent, doesn't seem to be moving. Done all that is suggested so far, minus unistalling and resinstalling !@#$ THAT
Reply Quote
A little help from a BLUE would be nice, the stupid updater is stopping me from enjoying the game I paid for. I have followed all instructions this far and submitted a ticket, is no one monitoring the forums?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
No, there is nobody around right now. It is 5:58am out there and they only staff this one for a bit in the afternoons Pacific time. So that means 5 or 6 hours from now. I would suggest bumping it again around that time.
Reply Quote
Every 20 secs or so when its stuck on this in my process manager a new process opens up

Agent.exe*32
Reply Quote
After my shower I checked again and 20 agenet.exe*32 opened up.
Reply Quote
Tried running d3 setup, failed to run a reguired program (agent) Waint one minute and try again is that doesn't work restart your computer and try again:

Error code BLZPTS00007 none of that works.
Reply Quote
the ticket I submitted told me to delete the battlenet folder which i have done 7-8 times already.
Reply Quote
Come on blues throw me a bone here.
Reply Quote
I just uninstalled D3, going back to try and installer and it won't work either.
Reply Quote
Nothing blizzard? its only been 10 hours and nothing from you. You were quick to comment when someone was doing something wrong, Game won't reinstall, same errors.
Reply Quote
I made a post about the same issue last Friday and I got no response from any blue. I still have the updating Blizzard Launcher issue. As hyperactive stated earlier in the thread, the problem happened after windows did an update. I have tried reinstalling the game from scratch as well as all the so called "solutions" that other people have posted and still gives me the same problem. I can only get in the game 1 out of 30-40 times, the rest of the times, the launcher stays at 70% or it gets past the launcher only to give me the "a communication error occurred, please restart. If problems persists contact customer support" error. If there is no solution to this, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to reformat my computer to get this issue resolved.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem here, i delete the battle.net folder and now i get stuck on 1/3 updating blizzard update agent, please any blue help!
Reply Quote
Well, for those of you who have the current update of the game but are just getting stuck at the D3 launcher I have a temp solution to bypass the launcher and go directly to the game.

edit the shortcut and change

......Diablo III Launcher.exe"
to
......Diablo III.exe" --launch

I found this solution on a very old thread. You can thank kantlivelong for this solution. This will only work until they have a new update for the game, then you will need to go through the launcher to update the game. Hopefully they will solved the launcher problem by then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]