Diablo® III

Stuck on updating blizzard launcher

05/05/2013 09:23 PMPosted by Sheldor
Bumping for solutions. Having the same problem, tried Uninstalling and now it wont let me Re-install.

I also uninstalled and can't reinstall.
Reply Quote
Really? Still with this crap and we don't have a solution yet!?
Reply Quote
Finally go it it to work. I ONLY had to disable firewall and uninstall my anti virus. As often as this happens, I should not have to do that.
Reply Quote
This is annoying. I waited MONTHS for an answer to hopefully be found. I'm not going on a wild goose chase with my families computer that might fix the game at the risk of screwing up any security settings we have. I would greatly appreciate a fix easy for the non computer savvy person to understand and comfortably execute. Until then, goodbye Diablo 3, I'm gonna go play fps games.
Reply Quote
Having this problem as well. Launcher stuck at "Updating Blizzard Update Agent". Any fix?
Reply Quote
I am also now stuck on launcher. Run as admin just takes me back to launcher. Have been playing this game since release and never had this issue. What is going on?

Edit/Update: IE was in offline mode. Which is odd, as I have never used IE on this pc. Thanks for help.
Edited by Therb#1211 on 6/20/2013 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/18/2013 09:01 PMPosted by WarHammer40k
Having this problem as well. Launcher stuck at "Updating Blizzard Update Agent". Any fix?

06/20/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Therb
I am also now stuck on launcher. Run as admin just takes me back to launcher. Have been playing this game since release and never had this issue. What is going on?

check this thread for ideas on how to try to solve it.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9344304387
Reply Quote
Had the same problem for days. Finally after following this article https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/disable-proxy-settings I noticed I had a dial up connection along side my normal wired internet connection (it was from a mobile internet connection stick). After deleting that connection the launcher finished updating. Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
The messed up the launcher when they did the update.. plain and simple.. failed coding. if you use -launch in a shortcut to bypass it works fine..
Reply Quote
wow... the same problem is still happening, Updating Blizzard Launcher is getting to about 75% then staying there with no more progression, id go back to playing WoW but i cant do that either because it uses the same launcher it seems, and it wont let me download the game at all, Guess im gonna be going back to SWToR and paying for there game sence i cant get on to any Blizzard games
Edited by Odearlord12#1772 on 6/25/2013 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Make sure, that your IE is working in an on-line mode. It did help me to run the launcher.
Reply Quote
76 Pandaren Monk
Wow, what the heck. I never us I.E. so I don't know why it was in offline mode... but thanks. That helped.
Reply Quote
34 Dwarf Paladin
My Friends I have solved my issue with it. I found that when I ran the disc to see if any launcher would respond to any updates and it brought me to a troubleshoot. The link for it brought me to flash player, and it meant that my flash player is going funky. You can either update flash player or reinstall a newer version.
Reply Quote
Try checking Windows media player work offline mode. make sure the box is unchecked.
Reply Quote
unstalling Hamachi also works
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]