Diablo® III

Something seems off...

I was noticing that my Hungering Arrow hits and crits for more than my Ball Lightning. Is there something that I'm missing? Elemental vs black damage maybe? Yet, I remain confused.
Reply Quote
ball lightning does 2 hits at half the total damage (i'm pretty sure). you'd need to add two hits together to get the total damage.

someone correct me if that's wrong :D
Reply Quote
Yeah I find the same thing and I think its pretty much what the other guy said ^

Basically since ball lightning hits twice it hits lower numbers. Still out DPS's HA I think, someone please correct me if im wrong.
Reply Quote
All of the above are correct. The trouble with BL is that if a target is moving in the opposite direction of the projectile and moving fast, you will only achieve one hit instead of two. Conversely, you can achieve additional hits on a fast moving target like a goblin moving in the same direction as the projectile.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 08:17 AMPosted by Oscar
All of the above are correct. The trouble with BL is that if a target is moving in the opposite direction of the projectile and moving fast, you will only achieve one hit instead of two. Conversely, you can achieve additional hits on a fast moving target like a goblin moving in the same direction as the projectile.

windforce's knockback is soooo good for multiple hits on mobs with ball lightning, especially in keeps 1/2/3 :D
Reply Quote
Yes KB does wonders for Ball Lightning. Hehe
Reply Quote
View profile
Quick question regarding Knockback and BL...

Say I hit a monter with one round of BL, so it ticks twice.

If that monster get's KnockedBack by the BL, will that same BL affect the monster again?

I have always assume that the answer is "No"
Reply Quote
yes. it will. and the first and second ticks of the same ball can also trigger the knockback, since they're technically different attacks.

easily testable by attacking something like azmodan where he's large enough for the ball to hit him more than the standard two times. or, as mentioned above, if something runs away, like a treasure goblin, and follows the same path, it'll keep getting hit. or if you shoot a stream of them into a slow missiles elite (like the keywarden in A2) they'll just keep firing until they fade.
Reply Quote
View profile
Lol, that explains why BL became viable for me again in MP7 after switching to a WF.
Reply Quote
But BL has a pretty low coeff so it doesen't trigger the knockback very often at all... as compared to let's say Hungering : Cinder. Which is pretty much diablo2 style knockback spam :p

But yea, with a bit of luck, a fleeing goblin is SUPERB fun with BL because if you happen to fire into the direction he's heading each shot will just zap it infinitly. IN reality it tends to be the other way around though :ppp which is colossaly annoying. It's great aoe dmg for tightly packed...packs! Otherwise Cold Arrow is a bit underrated, just because BL doesen't always, or even rarely in reality, strike twice because targets always walk towards you. :( Coldie does have a nice, but random, split-up-aoe ^^

I still love razor or twin chakram.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]