Diablo® III

Best weapon to buy for a wizard..

Trying to find something a little better for my wizard..Any opinions on what kind of attributes i want on it, or anything like that?
Reply Quote
for you i would suggest a black weapon, either wand or dagger as you get decent ias with those. However these can get expensive so a cheaper option should be a sword. Naturally look for black damage on anythign you decide to buy, it will combo niceslly with your trium adn set bonus.
Reply Quote
this is going to sound so noob of me, but I've been out of the Diablo 3 game for a while, but what the heck is a black damage weapon?
Reply Quote
You want a weapon that doesn't have any elemental damage, that is a black weapon

Your chantodo's does 188-460 fire damage, but imagine if it didn't have that. That would be a black damage chanto (they don't exist btw just an example)

here are some examples of black damage (black weapons) they are by no means great or anything but they illustrate the point if you compare them to your fire damage chantos

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/ruinstoke

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/bloodmagic-blade

These are legendarys but you can find similar and probably much better rare balck damage weapons if you look through the ah, select the option for +min/max damage or something and you should get some hits
Edited by Amos#6777 on 4/1/2013 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Aelwyyn
this is going to sound so noob of me, but I've been out of the Diablo 3 game for a while, but what the heck is a black damage weapon?

If you look at the weapon tooltip the background will be completely black. That's why it's called a black weapon. Otherwise there will be some colored background associated with the damage of the weapon.
Reply Quote
I'm selling a good Legendary one (Butcher's Sickle) on AH now.
Reply Quote
All depends on Budget
Dooms is good at 100-150 mil at 300-600 get the over 1100 cd socket/lifesteal ones

At 1-3 Billion you get weapons like the one I have but you pay steadily more for smaller gains.
Reply Quote
It's okay, I gave her a int+crit+life steal+socket sword I had in my stash. I think that'll be good enough up to MP4, until other gear slots get upgraded.
Reply Quote
Yes, yes he did. You rock Jae! :D working on the little things now, like my belt, bracers, that sort of stuff
Reply Quote
Any Ideas for Upgrades for my wizard
Reply Quote
@Aelwyyn: What build do u plan on using for higher MP's? looks like ur using archon now, but to gear that for MP7+ is kinda expensive, and gearing for other builds is pretty different
Reply Quote
Not everyone wants to do higher mps. I am content just being an archon wiz.
Reply Quote
06/01/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Balthazar
Not everyone wants to do higher mps. I am content just being an archon wiz.

Archon wizards can run higher MP just fine. Granted it takes a lot of high end gear to reach MP10 but MP5-7 capability isn't too hard to reach imo.
Reply Quote
Yea, there are cheaper options for higher MP
Reply Quote
Necro more please.
Reply Quote
06/01/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Jaetch
Necro more please.

hows the 200b spear goin
Reply Quote
I would be interested in ideas on how to go with weapons and such for my wizard. I am currently using a good 2-handed hammer with really good stats. Ideas on what, if any, 1-handed weapon and source or shield combo might work better welcome. Also any thoughts on improving my spell selections (both in general and with respect to weapon choice) would be appreciated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]