Diablo® III

Hi im converting to DH with 2b+ gold to fund

hi i currently have 1.7b with alot of my wizard gear left to sell

i was curious as to how well will i be able to gear my DH (also should i go legacy nats or not)
and how i should build.

i don't know anything about DH builds or whats skill stats i should be looking for in gear.

would be much appreciated for the advice and help

cheers =]
Reply Quote
well you could afford a legacy nats, but not a really good one. biggest decision should be whether to go with calamity or manticore. so pretty much whether you want easier dps or atk speed.
Reply Quote
dont go for legacy

i wouldnt go for manti or calamy either, since thats pretty much your entire budget.

you can get a nice gun for 30-50mil, like mine.
Reply Quote
Stick to your main class lol your gonna waste your money on a DH, they are very weak and have the worst effeciency per gold ratio right now. You could spend all 2b and not even get a top end weapon lol. Nevermind all the other gear your going to need and even then All other classes will outperform your with half the gold invested. Save yourself the gold and trouble and wait till they get a major buff. Sad but true and to make things worse for you blizzard is killing all the dupes so the gears only going up in price and you can't roll in duped gear like half the other demon hunters that come into this forum saying its easy blah blah with only 10k kills lol
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 4/1/2013 9:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Determine what weapon you want to use first, then look up the top players on dprogress using that particular weapon. I'd use the pvp dummy ladder (but some prefer heroscore), the try to emulate their gear. If you want a godly weapon it will take a lot of your budget, you can bypass this by getting either a high damage int manti which should fit well into your budget and a low crit dmg Calamity but still at least 1240 dps.
Reply Quote
View profile
04/01/2013 09:41 PMPosted by METATRON
Stick to your main class lol your gonna waste your money on a DH, they are very weak and have the worst effeciency per gold ratio right now. You could spend all 2b and not even get a top end weapon lol. Nevermind all the other gear your going to need and even then All other classes will outperform your with half the gold invested. Save yourself the gold and trouble and wait till they get a major buff. Sad but true and to make things worse for you blizzard is killing all the dupes so the gears only going up in price and you can't roll in duped gear like half the other demon hunters that come into this forum saying its easy blah blah with only 10k kills lol

WD seems to be he/she's main, probably just wants to play demon hunter for fun and if we do get buffed, price of gear is going to go up a lot more, so might as well invest now.
Reply Quote
That is a lot of gold, it can most certainly gear up a DH qutie well just dont go for the most high end stuffs . . mp6/7 and up shouldnt be a problem with pretty decent effenciency IF you dont compare with other classes.

DH can be a complete tank, total ranged glass canon, or semi-tank. But no matter what you will need as much Dex. as possible > Dps/ Dodge. Then depending how you spec, adjust the AR and Vit accordingly. IMO just dont fall below 350 AR, 1k Vit.

There are 3 categories of weapons choice: Bow, Crossbow, and Hand Crossbow which gives different bonus with the important passive: Archery. Find out about the pros and cons of these 3 weapon types that suits your preferred playstyle better. If you can afforf all Trifecta Gears, then obviously any weapon type goes with those. Otherwise, different damage modifiers may yield different results, along with socketing choices.

Skill Bonus Stats roll mainly in 2 slots: Quiver, Chest. This is an important choice to make for most builds, but you first need to determine your preferred build. Alternatively you can obtain one without skill bonus but high Dex/Vit/AR to find your preferred playstyle first.

The most important aspect of DH is you have to manage 2 type of resources, in general: Hatred for Offensive; and Discipline for defensive and offensive support. Do visit the DH forum game guide to check out the skills in detail and pay attention to what resources they consume.

Just off my head;
-The most heavy hitters are Spike Trap and Cluster Arrows.
-The best defensive skills are Shadow Power and Preperation.
-THe most popular passives are Archery, Night Stalker, Cull, Custom, Steady Aim.
-Other more popular skills are Vault, Bola etc. .

Also before you jump in do note that you will not get the killing efficiency of the other classes for equivalent gold spent. HOWEVER, many find it the most fun, and worst case scenario, you can transfer the gears over to a Monk.
Reply Quote
View profile
I think I spent near about the same gold you have right now on mine and it still only does 200k damage... buy parts and parts to do tiny little upgrade every time...
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 11:47 PMPosted by CLOUD
mp6/7 and up shouldnt be a problem with pretty decent effenciency IF you dont compare with other classes.

^Pretty much

It's only when you start comparing your 2b DH to a 300m Monk, Barb, or Wizard that you realize something went terribly wrong :P
Reply Quote
U should buy cheap gear and try builds and skills and the DH game play before spend all this money ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]