Diablo® III

Low MP still the best for DE farming

Since I've hit 100 I've been working on builds and routes for DE farming. I did the MP10 CotA thing for a while when I still had my uber-new-nats gear.

Now I'm back with lower dps (250 or so with 40 pickup radius, or around 285 w a bit less pur). I have been doing vault of the assassin(vota) runs, and did it on MP3 for a while (clearing in about 5-6 mins or so).

today, back to MP1, I can clear VotA in just over 3 minutes. I get at least 1 DE per run. I'd say an average of about 1.5. I've gotten 0 once in all my runs today. I do often get 2, and very rarely more (4 was the most).
Also got some nice legendaries and the usual brimstones.
I am doing it w legacy nats but I think a non-legacy dh should be able to do the run in around 3:30 to 4 minutes.

TLDR: if you are doing Cota and are averaging 3 minutes per run (for a 30%(?) chance of getting a DE), you might want to consider doing vota runs for an almost sure DE, maybe even more (you'll also get more xp if you are still levelling up)

o/
Reply Quote
Meh that's why I just plow through with my Barb on MP7 doing VOTA runs in 5min take down 5-7 elites and average 3-4 demonic essences a run. My DH is just too slow for those runs and I already hit lvl 100 so is rather level my barb and farm essences at the same time while playing easy mode.
Reply Quote
My Monk does MP5 VotA in less than 3 minutes on average for 7-9 elites.

MP10 CotA is about 1:20, and it's like 39% Chance for a DE. So VotA is definitely much faster for DE. CotA is more of a legendary farming run.

So for any paragon 100's trying to farm DE, you may as well just move your DH gear to a monk and farm DE on it since you don't need exp anyways.
Reply Quote
I started levelling one, not sure I can go through the grind again.

now I just log on for 5-10minutes, farm a bit, log off

but I'll give the monk another try probably

o/
Reply Quote
View profile

o/

Once you get past that lvl 60 grind, the TR spec is literally a breath of fresh air for farming.

The movement speed is that addicting.
Reply Quote
It's disheartening how far behind DH are really in terms of farming speed.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 09:42 AMPosted by Iria

On the positive side, it means we should be seeing buffs sometime soon.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 08:08 PMPosted by TianZi

On the positive side, it means we should be seeing buffs sometime soon.

yeah, I'm not selling my DH gear yet..

but I am levelling a monk :) actually quite fun so far

o/
Reply Quote

o/

Once you get past that lvl 60 grind, the TR spec is literally a breath of fresh air for farming.

The movement speed is that addicting.

This is definitely true. I stop playing my TR monk to get back to my DH. The last 2 days of playing, i could not get myself to play more than 1 hour a day on my DH. Although my monk is only PL 9 compared to PL 60 DH, i feel like getting my TR monk to PL 100 first.

Speed is really addicting and that is why i hope the first change to DH will be speed rather than better skills
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]