Diablo® III

Too much DPS for mp10?

I got to thinking (I'm definitely not there or close to it yet) as a result of farming this morning. But I usually run mp9 keeps 2 for my farming. I wanted to get DE's a little faster this morning (in order to try to craft a chest) so I dropped down to mp8. I was struggling to keep WOTB up more than I do in mp9 because the white mobs were dying too fast.

This is just the natural progression of a WW barb, once damage reaches a certain point, you have to move up MP's in order to keep WotB up.

Now my question: is there anyone out there who has too much dps for mp10? As in they kill white mobs too fast so their tornadoes don't get enough ticks in on mobs for the chance at crit creating fury to sustain WotB.

Is this a possible problem WW barbarians start to face as blizzard will revamp legendaries again and continually add better gear to the game (keep the item hunt going)?

It's a weird problem, but it's a foreseeable one with the way the WW barb works.
Reply Quote
Oh look another (Look at me thread).

All kidding aside, yes I have to run at least MP7 or I can't get enough fury because everything dies to fast to gain a decent amount of fury.

Key runs are always MP10 same as Ubers, I still haven't gotten that damn trifecta hell-fire yet....
Reply Quote
mp8 is my speed farming mp of choice at 271k dps. elites drop in under 15 seconds.
mobs die when i circle them 1.5 times.

mp10 is a huge difference though. i would say 30-35 seconds is the avg. kill time for elites. about dbl the time from mp8. i'm not sure if all that works out mathematically by health %... its just seems so much longer to kill them.
Edited by MiSo#1464 on 4/2/2013 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
At your damage, you're doing something wrong if you're losing Wrath at MP8.
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 09:42 AMPosted by acrimonious
At your damage, you're doing something wrong if you're losing Wrath at MP8.

Not 100% sure, but I would venture to guess that he's probably struggling a little bit with EF in the mainhand. He does have the cold soj to help some, but that's the only reason I could see him struggling to keep wrath in mp8.

Kopav, from what I understand no one has that issue on MP10. MP10 mobs have a massive amount of health over MP8, so you would need like 8 mil tdps to actually have some sort of issue I would think. However, with the current gear available in market, even if you did have that much tdps you would probably have achieved it through hitting a super high breakpoint, so your permawrath would be fundamentally easier anyway.

-Gillars
Reply Quote
1) Not a look at me thread, I don't consider my gear exceptional by any means. But I do think I have a decent set that I've compiled with making some rather cheap investments for good tDPS.

2) I never said I lose WotB. I said on mp8 I was struggling to keep it up. Meaning I had to plan my paths a bit more and be more conscious of the timer when finishing off champions/elites with no other white mobs around. But more over, this was just to bring up the idea, that at certain DPS points WW barbs do become too powerful to effectively run lower mp's and still keep up WotB. For example it'd be impossible for me to have 100% WotB uptime on mp0.

3) No, I'm not struggling because of the EF. I can keep mobs in my tornadoes easily, one of the best parts about SOJ besides the absurd tDPS it adds. Also, EF MH and Dagger OH is a great weapon combination for WW. It allows for a really cheap stat stick for great tDPS (my dagger only cost 5M).

4) Thanks Gillars for responding to my question. I was merely curious if anyone has reached this kind of plateau. But from what you are saying and MiSo it seems that the health % of MP10 doesn't really render it possible with the current access to gear.
Reply Quote
kopav,
i wouldn't say its not possible, just highly improbable. i can take down elites in 15seconds with insanity/wrathquake. another person would have to have that kind of dps at all times. very highly unlikely for someone has that kinda gear.
Reply Quote
Thanks Gillars for responding to my question. I was merely curious if anyone has reached this kind of plateau. But from what you are saying and MiSo it seems that the health % of MP10 doesn't really render it possible with the current access to gear.

04/02/2013 01:42 PMPosted by MiSo
i wouldn't say its not possible, just highly improbable

Seconded Miso. You would have to find some crazy slow swinging combo of weaps and uber crit damage/crit chance in order to get that high of dps without having quick enough attack speed to hit an absurd breakpoint.

-Gillars
Reply Quote
At your DPS and EHP, MP9 is probably too much for you.
Reply Quote
Too much DPS for MP10?

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/impossibru-guy.jpg
Reply Quote
On a distant future...
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 02:57 PMPosted by MisoHoney
At your DPS and EHP, MP9 is probably too much for you.

Ya, no. I can actually solo mp10 ubers pretty easily. (I throw on Tough As Nails instead of Brawler)

And I farm mp9 keeps 2 easily as well. I just drop down to 8 when I'm more focused on DE's than legendaries.

(Brawler Passive) gives a HUGE dps increase for farming Keeps 2 so I have plenty of damage. Since if have over 5% ls I don't need the Blood Thirst passive.
Reply Quote
View profile
@op

Try to play around with ur animosity passive at mp8. Another way is to record the time taken for both mp 8 and mp 9. If the duration is not much difference.. you should pick one that takes less effort physically. Prolly last u longer b4 u get sick of farming.

Ps-choose a better topic name next time m8. There are quite a bit of ppl with inflated epeen here that can't wait to go EDUCATE you. Lol.
Reply Quote
I could see it being possible *maybe* with a Skorn setup, but it's too much dps to sustain WotB. Even if you had so much damage that monsters died too fast, you could drop WotB -- or maybe use insanity rune with boon of bul kathos to improve overall clear time.
Reply Quote
Only think I see is your 2.3 breakoint on EF could cause you problem with keeping WOTB at a certain damage range. Also the fear effect of EF on MH really cut time on WOTB.
Reply Quote
NO. Maybe if you had 500k unbuffed Diabloprogress DPS
Reply Quote
I don't think it's possible to have too much DPS. Refreshing WoTB is really about spamming Sprint / Battle Rage when in large packs of groups. You're touting a DW build hence it really should be fine (it's ok with Skorn for me).
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Lightofeast
Ps-choose a better topic name next time m8. There are quite a bit of ppl with inflated epeen here that can't wait to go EDUCATE you. Lol.

Haha, clearly. I sure have received quite a bit of advice/critiques for not asking for any.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]