Diablo® III

S&B QA - Part 5 - Brought to you by AE

View profile
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 3/31/2013 12:55 AM PDT
Yea when I'm done with work today I'll add the old threads to my op , hard to do that from my phone ;D
@Morpheus

This challenge sounds fun. I would be willing to volunteer to be the gearer and I would nominate Baller to be the captain. Professor and Crypter can round out the team.

I do have some reservations however. In terms of pure kill times, S&B will be slower than Skorn/DW. Where s&b shines is the huge ehp while maintaining reasonable dps. Based on the nature of your challenge, the skorn/dw users can make multiple attempts and only show the successful ones, restarting any where there is a death or if circumstances aren't perfect for a fast uber kill such as if they move/attack unpredictably.

What I propose is that you become an observer on any kill attempts. Any team can practice all it wants with the gear set, but it's not official unless you are along on the attempt. It does make it harder for the uber kills since it becomes a carry, but it does protect against the reset button. With 1b in gear, any of the 3 sets should be able to handle a carry. Maybe also have a time penalty for each death.

I would love to see snbers participate in this challenge. I like the Celanians comments about the participants only get 1 chance to battle the ubers. I think that would help everyone try to build a well balanced barb. Besides, what's the point of the fast time if you have multiple deaths to get them?
snb wouldn't be toooo disadvantaged with 1b to spend at least our weapon/shield will cost a lot less than a good skorn or dw weapons so we can spend a bit more on rings and ammy plus the added ehp from shield could mb allow a couple dps items like mb a high end tyreals or just like a 300+ str shield
Celinian and the Professor

Thank you for accepting my offer. Once again my apologies for having little understanding of the SnB build. You raise some pertinent points which I think unfortunately places this build at a distinct disadvantage for this particular challenge. All the main competitors in the challenge can already carry 3 dead players through the Ubers, 2 do this pofessiional so you would have no advantage there either. At this late in the challenge, I think it would be unfair to those already involved to change the nature of the challenge.

May I perhaps instead call on you in a month or so? I plan a follow challenge which would compulsarily involve a SnB build and it would be good to have your input.
Quick question are the eHP requirements with dodge and block or just base ehp?
Celinian and the Professor

Thank you for accepting my offer. Once again my apologies for having little understanding of the SnB build. You raise some pertinent points which I think unfortunately places this build at a distinct disadvantage for this particular challenge. All the main competitors in the challenge can already carry 3 dead players through the Ubers, 2 do this pofessiional so you would have no advantage there either. At this late in the challenge, I think it would be unfair to those already involved to change the nature of the challenge.

May I perhaps instead call on you in a month or so? I plan a follow challenge which would compulsarily involve a SnB build and it would be good to have your input.

S&B is only at a disadvantage if you allow unlimited use of the reset button. If you make it a carry with you as the observer and only 1 attempt at the 3 ubers with a 5 min penalty per death, then I think S&B will be very competitive in this challenge since our str is that we don't die. Skorn/DW is definitely faster if you don't factor in deaths and only count the successful kills, but the 1 attempt carry model will provide a more realistic picture of things.

The people who are carrying 3 have many billions worth of gear. I doubt anyone is carrying 3 with 1b in gear. Also the challenge hasn't started yet and nobody has bought gear so there should be no problems with tweaking the ground rules.

At the moment, the challenge is simply a DPS fest where the highest dps will win since people can use the reset button on any failures and just present the successful kills. At the very least you should have them stream their kills to ensure just 1 attempt although being an observer is better IMO.
03/30/2013 05:32 PMPosted by GearJammer
Quick question are the eHP requirements with dodge and block or just base ehp?

ehp from the diabloprogress website. It includes block and dodge.
Lol is the 11% MS on my boots going to disqualify me :(
Thanks for giving me the nerve to throw my old shield back on today. Gonna roll as a SnB WW barb for awhile. I already made easy work of mp10 Ubers for the first time tonight. Also, those fallen maniacs in Keeps 2 aren't nearly as scary anymore.

:)
03/30/2013 07:51 PMPosted by GearJammer
Lol is the 11% MS on my boots going to disqualify me :(

LOL, I wouldn't call it a DQ, ill let Professor and Cel provide their inputs first though.
Thanks for giving me the nerve to throw my old shield back on today. Gonna roll as a SnB WW barb for awhile. I already made easy work of mp10 Ubers for the first time tonight. Also, those fallen maniacs in Keeps 2 aren't nearly as scary anymore.

:)

yeah man, Maniacs are scared of the shield! Nice barb man, keep it rolling
Level p50+ easy
12 ms easy
1.5m ehp have been there
150k Dps is where I massively fail have been stuck at my Dps for long time so I have moved on to HC some. Does anyone know a good guide to finish inferno act 3 and 4?

Goodluck with your HC goal. I liked your build, I would have taken ignore pain out and put in Battle Rage - Maurders Rage and replaced Hota with WOTB - Insanity rune. I suggest this based off of your gear, as keeping WOTB up would be close to impossible and Hota doesn't provide as big as a dps boost as WOTB Insanity. Might be a good idea to put in Leap instead of Battle Rage if you want the extra protection.
Hi,

I am very much interested in being able to do what you guys do. I prefer survival and being able to kill rather than having more damage and less ehp.

I currently have a budget of 200 mil. Can you give suggestions on where my barb can improve to become a good SnB Barb?

Thanks.
Is it possible to incorporate helm of command and justice lantern into a snb barb this day??
does anyone even use this items anymore?? i was a huge fan of tanking barbs back when inferno was hard...
@Professor,

Great to see this thread continued with passion towards S&B Barbs. I am avid follower of S&B barb build.

Hope I can be part of this arreat club:)

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/cvvikram-6880/cvvikram/15416691
I'm Interested in helping out and contributing to the SnB community. I would be privileged to be considered into joining AE

I have been SnB from day 1 and never looked back

I'm hoping to be the first non RMAH AE member that uses a RARE shield! It will eventually be replaced with a 34% SS but i am concentrating on other slots first.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/vict3r-1515/Victer/1429501
Im s&b barb
need some sugestion for upgrade
190k diabloprogres

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/pofa-2156/pofa/4767827

no rmah just farm.
Edited by pofa#2156 on 3/31/2013 7:12 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]