Diablo® III

S&B QA - Part 5 - Brought to you by AE

It looks like cvvikram and vict3r are in.

As for GearJammer, we need to have a discussion whether to change the MS requirements from 12 to 8. If we lower it from 12, there's no reason that we shouldn't lower it to 8. After all if we allow 11, then someone with 10 will eventually have the same argument and so on.

As for GearJammer, we need to have a discussion whether to change the MS requirements from 12 to 8. If we lower it from 12, there's no reason that we shouldn't lower it to 8. After all if we allow 11, then someone with 10 will eventually have the same argument and so on.

TBH maybe just leave them where they are... There is no point in diminishing the accomplishments of the others by lower the bar... And check me out I think I am in!! Go me lol.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/gearjammer-1823/RoadWarrior/6602424
Hi,

I am very much interested in being able to do what you guys do. I prefer survival and being able to kill rather than having more damage and less ehp.

I currently have a budget of 200 mil. Can you give suggestions on where my barb can improve to become a good SnB Barb?

Thanks.

Lol Obe!!! Are you stalking me :P?? I will help you out in game next time we are both on!!

TBH maybe just leave them where they are... There is no point in diminishing the accomplishments of the others by lower the bar... And check me out I think I am in!! Go me lol.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/gearjammer-1823/RoadWarrior/6602424

Yeah you are in dude, you meet all the requirements.
Is it possible to incorporate helm of command and justice lantern into a snb barb this day??
does anyone even use this items anymore?? i was a huge fan of tanking barbs back when inferno was hard...

Problem with those items is you lose a lot DPS from both the Ring and Helm slot. Helms are a lot more powerful now then they were when the HOC was popular (I.E - Ik Helm and Mempo) and nowadays your better off having something like a Stone of Jordan over a Justins Lantern. I would see a pretty cool barb being built with these in it, I just don't think it would be the most "optimal" or required.
Hey guys...dont want to deviate the topic at all but i just have a question....why being so well equipped do you bother with shields?

Please dont misunderstand me..... I love shields and have use them my first 250 hours of game or so with a HoTa build (kind of).....in that times I was playing without using the AH and prepacth 1.05 so it was impossible to survive witouth a shield.

But there is a point when i felt that they were useless (as well as my self imposed challenge of not using the AH). I mean the gain in EHP is like much less than the loss in damage.....its kinda a breaker in my opinion....so......

Do you do it because you are bored of the WW or there is something that im missing (this is very probable as im pretty sure that so much guys with much better gear than me should know better).

Dont take it badly im just wondering if im missing something......
Just spoke with Professor and once he gets back from his easter party he will be adding in the following SnBers

cvvikram
vict3r
BalinMcNasty
GearJammer

Welcome aboard, very nice barbs indeed!

Please be sure to add in game if I don't beat you to it.
Thx for the welcome BALLER. I will monitor this thread and try to give as much constructive help I can.

Also I am up for anyone that wants to farm together.

Right now I am farming essences but i can help with ubers if anyone needs it. I have plenty of machines ready too

I am an east coaster (EST time zone) and I am available pretty much every night from 6pmEST till Midnight.

I invite all AE members to invite me in game @ vict3r#1515

Right now I am the only AE memeber that uses a rare shield lol. I dont know if i should be proud or sad about that =)
ok guys, 230 mil in the bank, what is my best investment?

:)
@Shabba

My suggestions are for staying with shield play

You main upgrades are jewelry then weapon/shield

You should farm essences and craft a better necklace

Your most cost effective upgrade is rare ring you can spend less them 20mill and get something that gives you a huge upgrade in that slot. Aim for 4+crit with 30+crit dmg and whatever else you can afford (avg dmg, str, vit, life%, all res, armor)

Your weapon needs a high spread on it. The 90+crit dmg on it is great but you need to have higher then 992 max damage that you have on your current one. I suggest spending 50% of your funds here

You Shield is lacking the ALL RES your build is missing. Try to aim for 500+ all resist in total.

I dont mind your helm for now but youll eventually want a mempo or IK helm... for a cheap start go IK helm first as i dont recommend loosing any of the 6crit in that slot unles you wanna use ww build,

All your other pieces is just upgrades to better versions of itself

Great Start to a Barb tho.

Cheers
Edited by vict3r#1515 on 3/31/2013 6:02 PM PDT
I've been a DW WW barb for a very long time now, and i'd like to someday switch over to S/B (always liked the idea of having a shield, looks cool and provides good defense bonuses).

I'm just having trouble getting the gold to be able to switch over, I have bad luck when it comes to drops. But i'm not gonna give up, right now i'm just trying to get enough gold to be able to buy a good 1h sword with a socket and everything, probably gonna take me a long time with my luck, but oh well.

Anyways, wish me luck in being able to obtain better gear so I can join this club!

While i'm here, does someone mind giving me some tips on how I can switch over from DW/WW to S/B? I'd like to be able to maintain my current dps without losing much when switching over, just not really sure which pieces of gear I need to focus on the most.
@Drum,

Your good to go already man. All you need is what you already said..... a high dmg with same stats 1H Sword (Mace or Axe works to, but sword is preferred). Then a 9+ CC Shield to finish your gearing up. Then everything else is just making better upgrades in what you already have. I think you have a very nice and versatile barb, so it shouldn't be a hard switch for you at all.
@ drum

your pretty much ready to go already

you just need a good 10 crit high block SS and switch your build from tornados to HOTA. Use HOTA for a while and then you can do HOTA and ww at same time once you get good at both play styles.
Edited by Shabba#1895 on 3/31/2013 7:18 PM PDT
Well i've probably got a long road ahead of me, unless I get a lucky drop soon or something haha.

Anyways, thanks for the tips, I look forward to working my way to become a S/B barb with the appropriate gear to be part of this group!

If anyone wants to farm with me or something (i'm currently spending my time doing VOTA demonic essence farming on mp6) feel free to add me, have a good day/night.

Lol Obe!!! Are you stalking me :P?? I will help you out in game next time we are both on!!

Hi Gear,

hehe. just saw your post. Im currently sitting at 147k damage, but thats with weapon master + follower. And my EHP is sitting on 1 mil.

thanks. Hope to see you soon.
can anyone suggest for my dps/ehp upgrade? Im farming DE but still no luck on crafting ;(
are there any Honorspots for the Euro s & b barbs :) :)
this thread got me a little intrigued tbh, would like to know what I can do to get my ehp up without losing the dps, unbuffed according to diabloprogress is 160k dps / 600k ehp
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]