Diablo® III

S&B QA - Part 5 - Brought to you by AE

Hold the phone.

Before you even consider an Mempo helm, get rid of those pants. I think i just threw up a little bit in my mouth when i saw those.

Go for Rares with 100 str+ / 200+ Vita / 70+ AR / Armor / 2 socket. These are actually pretty cheap and if you cant' find any that are good, get it without the Armor modifier.

That will help you a lot more then those blackthorns pants.

Also, dont buy a crap mempo. If you can't afford at least a 180 str / 11-12% Life / 4.5% CC or higher, dont bother getting one. Its a waste of gold. Stick with a good andy's.... Or better yet, go for a IK helm. Those are very good barb helms too.

Ok big daddy Professor!

I am with you on the pants, no doubt! But for helm I think a decent str/vit mempo is way more affordable and better than a 70+ AR IK helm at this stage. As long as CC is on every available piece this is should be fine. The only thing is it limit you from using a SOJ. I think the AIS/AR/Socket/Life % is better than an andys any day of the week.

FYI - I ran the numbers and if you got those 2 upgrades you would gain 144819 EHP on D3 Raw and lose 8 K DPS . So I think it is a good move, since you can work DPS in other areas like rings, gloves, and weapon later on.

So to summarize my thoughts and yes I do agree with Professor here in some ways.

1 - New Helm (Either AR IK or High Str Mempo)
2 - New Stormshield with 9+ CC and 30+ Block
3 - Pants - Get OG (Original Gangster) Blackthornes or Nice Rares with the stats Prof daddy suggested.

^^this

I went a bit overboard, but the Poster wanted to have higher dps, so naturally i went with an Andy's helm as it is one of the top dps helms in the game currently. But yeah, for a SnB , The helms you picked out are better.

"I don't always play barbarian, but when i do, i prefer a shield, Slay happy my friends"

Is it just me or are the motto / slogans getting more and more crazy and funny as we go along here ;)
OMG that's a good one! I cant top that right now and for the record I met the guy on those commercials.....
"Just slap a shield on it and call it a day", "No sword, No Shield, No Barb", "Somethin bout a shield on a barbarian", "Just Shield It" "Barbarian by birth, Shield by choice", "A shield is a terrible thing to waste", "A shield is forever", "A shield never goes out of style", "Shields. It's a AE thing", "Great Shield, less dying"
Yea they suck but everyone has to contribute!!! And I'm half asleep lol
04/02/2013 11:22 PMPosted by BALLER
OMG that's a good one! I cant top that right now and for the record I met the guy on those commercials.....

Lol his voice is freakin awesome.... Stay thirsty my friends!!
04/01/2013 10:01 PMPosted by BALLER
I think your going to need to max out your CD on your ammy, rings, and gloves to do this. I am willing to bet if you got 90 CD on your ammy with similar stats you would be very close. I can also see maybe going to high str/CD IK Gloves and Mempo being a good option as well. You don't need to get a WH to achieve this, keep your life steal and revenge bonus, you can do without the WH belt.

According to D3rawr, I need to add 130% critical damage to my build in total to reach 150k dps unbuffed.
The amulet's average damage makes it equivilant to a 9/80% so trying to reroll a better one is going to be hard.
The gloves are also hard to beat with Ik irons, I need 210 str/10% cc/40% cd just to break even.

I've got a an idea which is changing my IK helm to either mempo or IK c/w AR then loose the hellfire ring and get an average damage/str/cc/cd ring to replace. D3Rawr reckons I can hit 130k dps depending on how much bang I can afford on the ring.

So basically It looks like I have to introduce more IAS to my build to make the grade. Hmmm.
Edited by Asmodeous#1189 on 4/3/2013 12:52 AM PDT
Can anyone tell me how can i inprove further??
View profile
I'd rather Sword and Board, than Sword and Bored.
i think i have reached the point where an upgrade of 5 k dps costs me 150 ish mill upwards

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AlNeo-2621/hero/4368996

it kinda feels really stupid and demotivating, any of you guys felt the same ?
04/03/2013 12:54 AMPosted by Delwingoh
Can anyone tell me how can i inprove further??

Delwingh

cheapest dps upgrade for you would be the pants as 90 str on them isnt really high since you can get 160 str ones, i guess you have em for your "pick up range" slot

cheapest EHP upgrade would be replacing your shoulders with some nice vit roll ones you can craft

another good boost would be upgrading your ik belt to something with 270 str +

future upgrades for ics with higher str AND vit + ms

and a mempo with high str and cc

the last 2 cost a fortune though :(
Edited by AlNeo#2621 on 4/3/2013 2:10 AM PDT
fell in love with S&B haha feels a bit slow at first compared to WW, but I'm used to it now.

my question is would you sacrifice 8k sheet DPS to almost 150k EHP boost?

(talking about swapping my weapon with LS and witching hour for an IK belt and a weapon without LS but has IAS)
Edited by mumuchacha01#6386 on 4/3/2013 3:34 AM PDT
fell in love with S&B haha feels a bit slow at first compared to WW, but I'm used to it now.

my question is would you sacrifice 8k sheet DPS to almost 150k EHP boost?

(talking about swapping my weapon with LS and witching hour for an IK belt and a weapon without LS but has IAS)

in your case the extra ehp wouldnt hurt you at all, could prolly make the dps loss up getting some lacunis with crit too
Good time last night. Besides the fallen Manic deaths.

I'd rather be dead and cool than alive and uncool.

Hey, I thought we agreed not to mention that...

It was glorious and awesome and somewhat humiliating. 3 shield barbs all got killed simultaneously by about 5-6 maniacs exploding at exactly the same time on MP10. :P
04/02/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Professor
"I don't always play barbarian, but when i do, i prefer a shield, Slay happy my friends

Love the Slogan
Should of took a screen shot. LoL

Hey, I thought we agreed not to mention that...

It was glorious and awesome and somewhat humiliating. 3 shield barbs all got killed simultaneously by about 5-6 maniacs exploding at exactly the same time on MP10. :P

No we agreed to not mention the other thing... The maniacs where just hilarious.. And of course Nexus would mention it lol. He hid on keeps 1 waiting for us to clear his way!!
Yah because I had just died before that lol.
It would be great if I could run with you guys sometime.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/wat69-1698/Lucayn/28304788
add me I normaly play some each night saintcoultz#1215
Great to see you guys doing this. I run the keeps in public games a lot, there's lots of barbs, but I never see another shield. The keeps is the most popular run and is perfect for a shield. There can't be many of us. So keep up the good work and good luck with educating the masses on the benefits of using a shield. (cause dying sucks!)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]