Bump
Reply Quote
Can we get a mod to respond to this?
Reply Quote
bumped and liked

the max AP roll on wands is, for lack of a better word, retarded
Reply Quote
Thanks for the support! :)
I really want Blizzard to fix this. It simply doesn't make any sense for it to be the way it is.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Honestly, they were on the right track with this design, they simply chose the wrong stat. Doesn't everyone remember how beastly class specific items were in D2? There should be a class specific roll guaranteed on all class items. It just needs to be worthwhile... not the lame !@#$ that currently exists. Game changing. Larger AoE radius, longer durations, more summons (I want more wind clones!).

Think :
5 BO Fury Visors
5 Tornado Pelts
6 LS Claws
6 BS Wands
45 Res Sacreds
... I can't remember anything else.
Edited by steakncheese#1608 on 3/30/2013 11:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@steakncheese: For the time being, I simply want wands to be able to roll with the same fairness (6 random properties) as other class' class specific weapons instead of being gimped by this useless fixed roll.
In order for Blizzard to start making weapons that can do the things you want, they'd have to create a skill tree. While I am also in support of that, that is a major game overhaul.
Reply Quote
APOC is the most powerful resource generator of all classes due to the commonness of crit in metagame gearing, so wands not having the crappy +ap affix would too easily be the best choice for wizards. If they limited apoc rolls to like 5-7, it would be more fair to remove the fixed affix and let them roll 6 mods, but I would guess that would make you and others rather unhappy.
Reply Quote
I'm interested in the topic of things like LS belts and Resource Generating weapons getting reworked and made available to all classes but this thread seems weird. Why are you responding to all the posts by editing the 1st post? It's creative, I'll give you that!
Reply Quote
@Hotshot: You're right, a gimped form of APoC would make me unhappy. I also see your sword on your wizard and understand that my argument for making wands competitive probably upsets you because you had to compete with other classes to procure it. However, allowing wands to roll 6 properties doesn't mean that every Wizard will seek APoC as one of those rolls. In fact, Swords will still deal slightly higher damage than wands even if they have the exact same rolls because the base average damage is slightly higher on swords. If wands are allowed to roll 6 properties, you could choose the following for the highest possible damage on either a sword or a wand:
1) Damage
2) % Damage
3) Attack Speed
4) Intelligence or Int/Vit
5) Critical Hit Damage
6) Socket
-or you could choose to look for a wand with Life Steal instead of one of those rolls.
Neither of these options will make wands an obligatory "best" weapon, but it will make them competitive where they are currently unable to. As described in my comments regarding "forced inter-class competition for weapons", this is a limitation on Wizards unlike any other class which necessarily damages Wizard players' ability to progress in weaponry like other classes can.
As described in my comments regarding "skill diversity", allowing all 6 properties to roll simply opens up ways to get creative. Some Wizards, perhaps you for example, will still forego having APoC on your weapon in favor of a higher damage potential weapon as explained above. You may also decide to pick up a wand for a non-CM, non-Archon build that you, or another Wizard player, creates. Whether or not that wand has APoC is up to you. You may also still choose to use any other sword, axe, spear, dagger, two-hander, or crossbow you like. That is your choice to make and not mine, but it should be a choice - not an obligation to choose the non-class specific weapon (and have to compete with other classes for a suitable mp10 competitive rare weapon because wands are gimped from competing).

@Brawl: I responded to the posts in a subsequent post, but copied my response into the 1st post because I feel that the interest in getting this change implemented would be better served by including more information to clarify exactly why this fixed roll is so problematic in a location where more passersby would see it. Many Wizard players may not even know that other class weapons do not have fixed rolls. Many might not even realize that the +Max AP roll is fixed on all types of wands that roll with ilvl 63 properties (found in MP1 Inferno and higher) instead of just Desolator Wands. Many non-Wizard players may not even know that wands have a fixed roll. Even if many or most do know these things, they may not have stopped to contemplate and realize the detrimental effects of it, or the fact that this detriment is unique to Wizards. I'm sure most Wizard players have thought to themselves, "If only I could find a one-handed weapon with high enough damage, Life Steal, and APoC, I could try to run this skill, that skill, or these skills." I certainly have. I want to try to make different skills effective for high Monster Powers and advocating the fixing of this glaring disparity seems like just the way to get the ball rolling.
Edited by Mike#1867 on 3/31/2013 7:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
I agree 100%.

I think I did talk about this with several other wizards before.

There's a reason why the vast majority of 1-hand wizards go Echoing Fury and rare swords for Archon builds (maximizes damage output and usable stat rolls) and Chantodo's (free APoC and high APS).

It's just odd that every other class can enjoy the full 6 random properties on their class-specific weapons, while wizards can only have 5.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 3/31/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Jaetch: Thanks for the support! :)
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
I agree 100%

I'd love to see crazy wands that would really feel like trophies, and also I do miss the old rare bows/xbows time.
Reply Quote
@Groovy: Rare Hellion Crossbows can compete with really good Manticores. As with most rares, people just aren't picking up and identifying many of them because the average Manticore is far better than the average Rare Hellion Crossbow.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]