Diablo® III

Rare Wands' Max AP Fixed Roll Should Be Removed

@Brawl: Thanks for the support! :)
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
I don't know why this post deserves to be bumped so much. Obviously this isn't going to change.

Just funny that WitchDoctors Knives don't come with +30 mana, Barb mighty weapons with +5 max fury, DH Crossbows +2 disciplin, and Monk Fist weapons +10 spirit.

Well, the funny part is that most class specific weapons blow. And I mean they are really pretty useless. Mighty weapons? No barb that has a bit of gold would use those weapons really, since the passive for weapons is so bad, you gain 3 more fury per strike. Wow. But you loose a lot of DPS and you dont need those 3 more fury per strike, its just pathetic. And +13 or 15 max fury? Another pathetic affix ... And its probably the same for many of the other classes. I newer see an serious monk use an daybo for example. Those are simply all crap as well compared to an skorn.
Reply Quote
@CrniVuk: That's not a problem with Mighty Weapons. If it's a problem at all, it's a problem with one or more skills.
Reply Quote
+1, Thanks for posting this.
Reply Quote
@littleman: Thanks for the support! :)
Reply Quote
Would anyone else like to chime in and offer their opinion(s)?
Reply Quote
Wall of wand text hits you for 1,332,896,551 damage (crit). You have died.
Reply Quote
Wall of wand text will make many non-Archon, non-CM Freeze Wizard skills viable if they implement it. I am resurrected.
Reply Quote
I don't care to let this thread be buried by people misplacing WTB and WTS item threads in this "Items" discussion forum.
Reply Quote
BUMP
Reply Quote
I want this wand to be able to drop with ilvl 63 properties (as well as other iterations of "true" 6 random properties):
1) Damage Affix (physical/lightning/fire/cold/arcane/holy)
2) Attack Speed % (or Weapon Damage %)
3) Life Steal %
4) Arcane Power on Critical Hit
5) Critical Hit Damage %
6) Socket

With Love,
Mike

That would be a great wand... Is that fair to other classes?

I would just like an APoC Socketed, Life Steal, Crit Damage wand, with decent DPS. Highest I've seen is below 900 which makes all the crit dmg in the world useless.
Reply Quote
@ckhoo888: Thanks for the support! :)

@HanbulliHan: Yep. Let me show you what absolute perfect rolls would look like:

% Damage w/ physical:
http://d3up.com/i/7432753
IAS with elemental:
http://d3up.com/i/6737505

The reason is that the base damage on wands are a bit lower than other weapons...
Desolator Wand: 243.6 dps
Exorcist: 263.2 dps
Slayer: 285.4 dps
Heaven Hand: 248.5 dps
Veil Piercer: 257.6 dps

and the non-class specific 1-handers...
Rune Sword: 248.5 dps
Centurion Spear: 320.4 dps
Demolisher: 327.0 dps
Darkblade: 209.3 dps
Arch Axe: 285.4 dps

As you can see, the only weapon that a Desolator Wand would be able to deal more weapon damage than is a Darkblade. Every other class is already starting with more weapon damage from their weapons' base dps.
Edited by Mike#1867 on 4/15/2013 11:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]