Diablo® III

1344.6 Manticore For Sale 2 sock Dex 93 Crit

And it worked. Basically, there is only one way to dupe. Thats by an account rollback, coupled with a fake hack.

how do you know that's the ONLY way to dupe? I guess you haven't been reading much about it on other sites..

The only confirmed 100% way to dupe is rollbacks, Any other way to dupe hasn't been confirmed and more then likely is some kid making stuff up. Yes I go to those other sites.
Reply Quote
rollbacks? solely responsible?

and resulted in like dozens of the same item? I mean blizzard is retarded, but they cant be that retarded....can they?

04/01/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Kadderly
The only confirmed 100% way to dupe is rollbacks
Reply Quote

and resulted in like dozens of the same item? I mean blizzard is retarded, but they cant be that retarded....can they?

The only confirmed 100% way to dupe is rollbacks

You'd be surprised the game masters are completely seperate from the people that handle the forum, they can be pretty thick and often give automated responses. i'm pretty sure the only way to supe is through rollback, if there was any other way, duping would be a lot worse.
Edited by BurningJC007#1355 on 4/1/2013 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 11:22 PMPosted by BurningJC007
You'd be surprised the game masters are completely seperate from the people that handle the forum, they can be pretty thick and often give automated responses. i'm pretty sure the only way to supe is through rollback, if there was any other way, duping would be a lot worse.

just think about it, on the 3rd exact same manti, or even 5th, they'd stop at least there. no way blizz duped all those items via negligence.
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 12:14 AMPosted by Borat

just think about it, on the 3rd exact same manti, or even 5th, they'd stop at least there. no way blizz duped all those items via negligence.

Like I said you'd be surprised. Why do you think they are implementing a roll back change? Because that's the way the dupes keep entering the economy.
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 12:16 AMPosted by BurningJC007
Like I said you'd be surprised. Why do you think they are implementing a roll back change? Because that's the way the dupes keep entering the economy.

well if every duped item, were talking hundreds, possibly thousands here, was accomplished via a rollback, which can only be initiated by blizzard then they need to go back to their room and think about what they did.
Reply Quote

you are assuming they check and compare every single account they roll back.

and the OP is just trying to sell the manti..

why is it like the friggin UN security council here.
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 12:22 AMPosted by PewPewTiuTiu

thats not a safe assumption?

id hope they cant rollback an account until they thoroughly reviewed every item in there...and thats not hard, they have computers that can do it for them.
Reply Quote
I wont be surprise that its a auto response program restoring players account n answering them
It is the cheapest way to do customer service
And to fix the program blizz will need thousands of programming time again
And duper will still find loop hole to break the roll back program

Stuff like that

But even so i wont rule out the possibility of other ways to dup
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 12:39 AMPosted by Borat

id hope they cant rollback an account until they thoroughly reviewed every item in there...and thats not hard, they have computers that can do it for them.

I'm guessing you havnt worked in a corporate environment yet :)

if I paid you to rollback hundreds of accounts every day, I bet you wouldnt check items at all! thinking that blizz would is a tad naive imho

o/
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 04:49 AMPosted by Veritech

if I paid you to rollback hundreds of accounts every day, I bet you wouldnt check items at all! thinking that blizz would is a tad naive imho

o/

Pretty much ^. Also, prove that the owner of the account in question knowingly purchased a duped item.
Reply Quote

i have and still do this day work in a corporate environment, furthermore I work in a software developing environment.

Not a programmer, but an analyst and very familiar with coding, its limitations, and its simplicities.

for there to be a "red-flag" auto check on roll-backed accounts is childs play, very simple stuff here.
You start with one roll back, and keep a database of items (equipable items). At first you build this database, but eventually, and certainly before the point of seeing 10+ exact same mantis on the AH, even an auto rollback can easily red-flag an account and then require manual inspection if an item makes a "re-appearance", or a match to an item in the database.
Reply Quote
...then prove that the person willingly bought a duped item.

obviously this should have been implemented from day 1.. it wasnt. now there are dupes, we'll have to live with those hoping there wont be new ones.
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 12:14 AMPosted by Borat

Except it's spread across multiple accounts. Once there are 2, they go to 2 seperate people and then each dupes those, now there are 4 yet no one person has ever duped more then once. Repeat a few times and viola.
Reply Quote
I've got one of these bows that I purchased early on, before it was known just how widely duped they were/ were going to be. I'd not have bought it if I knew it was a dupe =( At the time that I bought this there was a different manticore that there were a few known dupes of out there which I had avoided. Ah well. Whether someone owns a duped bow or not is kind of irrelevant to them wanting to sell it now for whatever reason. (unless they were the one duping them). I just hope for the price I paid for mine, that it stays as good as it is even post 1.09
Reply Quote
The only confirmed 100% way to dupe is rollbacks, Any other way to dupe hasn't been confirmed and more then likely is some kid making stuff up. Yes I go to those other sites.

There is a crafting exploit out there. Large amounts of high quality weapons, gloves, and pants have been crafted and have flooded the market. Don't know if Bliz has closed this exploit, but it happened and the effects are still being felt.

It's definitely an exploit. Take pants for example. There are dozens of 150+ main stat/ 200+ vit/ 60+ AR/ 2 socket crafted pants at any given time on the AH. If someone was just crafting the millions of pants need to achieve this, the AH would be flooded with thousands of near misses that aren't quite as good. But only the rolls that I mentioned show up.
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Celanian

There is a crafting exploit out there. Large amounts of high quality weapons, gloves, and pants have been crafted and have flooded the market. Don't know if Bliz has closed this exploit, but it happened and the effects are still being felt.

It's definitely an exploit. Take pants for example. There are dozens of 150+ main stat/ 200+ vit/ 60+ AR/ 2 socket crafted pants at any given time on the AH. If someone was just crafting the millions of pants need to achieve this, the AH would be flooded with thousands of near misses that aren't quite as good. But only the rolls that I mentioned show up.

I think they closed out on the armor crafting exploit a while back..not sure about the others, but the items are still floating around AH.

OP must be happy about the free bumps hahaha
Edited by Killua#1993 on 4/2/2013 9:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Jesus...I just came by to check on this to say it was sold this !@#$ turned into something else entirely.
Edited by THEDONACE#1871 on 4/2/2013 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 10:43 AMPosted by THEDONACE
Jesus...I just came by to check on this to say it was sold for bin price but godamn this !@#$ turned into something else entirely.

thats what happens with the dupe market lol
Reply Quote

I use to work in a Help Desk environment. You would be surprised what kind of power they give a Help Desk agent just so they can shut up a customer. For example (this was a long time ago from today though) Help Desk Agents for Verizon are allowed to give 200 dollars back to people who complain enough about their bill.

I can imagine getting a rollback on the phone wasn't all that difficult when your dealing with a close-to minimum wage employee who hears crap from customers all day.
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 4/2/2013 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]