Diablo® III

PvP: Sacrificing Customization for Balance

I think most of us want to see some version of organized PvP in Diablo 3, but we want it done right and at least some what balanced. This got me thinking...Would you mind sacrificing character customization options in PvP in favor of balance?

For example, if blizzard did things like:

1.) Have preset builds that you choose from when PvPing, so hypothetically each class could have 3 builds (all the skills and runes are picked for you) and then the devs balance the PvP around those class builds.

2.) Introduce PvP gear to level the playing field

3.) Have caps to certain stats to prevent OP builds (so maybe caps to vit, all resist, block, etc. so that people can't make builds that are unkillable - the same applies to offense and things like critical hit dmg)

What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
I disagree with all, respectfully of course....I enjoy trying to find gear setups and combinations to beat other characters. I have alot more fun searching the AH and forums looking for gear than i do paragon grinding. YES....the gear is expensive, and YES....its hard to find, but thats the kind of farming i enjoy. Im sure most of the good PVPers that have spent billions on gear would throw up to these ideas. BUT alot of wizards will agree!!!
Reply Quote
releasing pvp gear or gear restrictions for pvp would make farming for gear/gold even more worthless than it is.... because the only endgame d3 has is pvp and some dont think we have any endgame....AND imo in the beginning you farm to gear you character so it can farm efficiently....once your character can farm efficiently (on the MP(s) of your choosing) you would them farm to gear for pvp....all three of your ideas would interrupt this process
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 11:06 PMPosted by Killvana
releasing pvp gear or gear restrictions for pvp would make farming for gear/gold even more worthless than it is.... because the only endgame d3 has is pvp and some dont think we have any endgame....AND imo in the beginning you farm to gear you character so it can farm efficiently....once your character can farm efficiently (on the MP(s) of your choosing) you would them farm to gear for pvp....all three of your ideas would interrupt this process

Yeah i agree its not ideal but unchanged this game will have extremely unbalanced pvp, with builds and classes that would roll over everyone else.

I would sacrifice some customization if the pvp was way more balanced and competitive (and probably way more fun)
Reply Quote
the only balance issue anyone should be complaining about is wizards sucking

and pvp gear wont solve this
Reply Quote
I think most of us want to see some version of organized PvP in Diablo 3, but we want it done right and at least some what balanced. This got me thinking...Would you mind sacrificing character customization options in PvP in favor of balance?

For example, if blizzard did things like:

1.) Have preset builds that you choose from when PvPing, so hypothetically each class could have 3 builds (all the skills and runes are picked for you) and then the devs balance the PvP around those class builds.

2.) Introduce PvP gear to level the playing field

3.) Have caps to certain stats to prevent OP builds (so maybe caps to vit, all resist, block, etc. so that people can't make builds that are unkillable - the same applies to offense and things like critical hit dmg)

What do you guys think?

-1 for this.

Because Diablo 3 is a "gear-grinding" centered game. Implementing such things into the end game content which is PVP in where gear matters the most, is the worst possible thing that could happen in this game.

Quite frankly, why do we even need to customize our gears to perfection in complement of our skill choices if all this effort we are doing will end up being standardized in favor of the "casual" players? rofl.

Brawling is fine as it is... for now, but i too think that wizards do need a break in this area of the game. They seem to be in the really low-end of the chain.

Just saying. :)
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 3/31/2013 1:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
PVP doesn't have to be 100% balanced. Current state of balance is not that bad (other than Wizards) I am sure Blizzard will continue to tweak the skills. In my opinion it is actually a pretty good first try.

D2 never had balanced PVP. Community end up defining what's mannered what's not.

What we need for pvp:

1. A way to for match making, both ranking and non-ranking
2. Have a battle-ground style match that can play up to the strength of each class.
Reply Quote
We should be able to select up to 6 skill runes for one same skill simultaneously, and be allowed up to 6 skill runes, so that it is possible to stack all 6 runes in one skill to make it a super skill, and leave the other skills without a skill rune.

Only then will the pvp be improoved.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]