Diablo® III

Looking for a gearing thread

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a gearing advice thread.

You may notice I'm not a monk (diehard wizard).

I'm looking for people that I can sponsor weekly gear set giveaways. probably budget sets, 15M each, 3 to 4 times a week and that provide a community service in terms of gearing advice. You provide the knowledge and the time, I'll provide some cash.

If you can direct me to a thread, or want to start your own, let me know. I'm looking for established threads, so if you start a new one, be aware that I'd want to see some significant activity before committing.

Here's a good example: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8521562253

(it's on the front page, so you may have already seen it)

Thanks, and happy hunting!
Reply Quote
hello Sheep,
Silver is our residential gear service guy http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7811401880?page=1
hope you guys can get together to help out the community

There're quite a few individual that do set or item giveaways sometime too (myself included)

Some build sets from scratch, other like myself, giveaway our old sets and assemble mix and match gears that we collect and buy a few more to round out the sets
I’ve noticed that most of us buy the Inna helm and pants to complete our set before giving them out =)

aim to build a sets that can do mp4-5 which lean more towards EHP so it'll be easier for new monks to handle

GL and on behalf of monks; thank you for doing this = )
Reply Quote
View profile
There's quite a few budget/beginner monk guides in the sticky, in addition to the one QH already mentioned...
Reply Quote
thanks I am always looking for gear any help will be ever so helpful

but seriously thank you from people that need it your doing a good thing
Edited by baggins#6187 on 4/2/2013 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Still looking for someone.

I was under the impression this was obvious, but if it's not, people making the sets WILL NOT be paid anything above the cost of the set.
Reply Quote
What you are probably looking for is someone who is already in the habit of putting together sets for giveaways, and simply needs a sponsor in exchange for gear / cash provided -- essentially, someone who would be doing it more if only they had gear or cash to do it.

If that's the case, I'm not sure if you would find that here. There have been community set giveaways that was done over Christmas, and random set giveaways done by a bunch of people with gear in stash that basically donated it to one or two people who simply put the set together and set up the thread. There have also been random ones done by people who are simply looking to get rid of gear in their stash, but few (if any) that have been initiated by people who have actively sought out gear in AH for the express purpose of doing a giveaway.

If you are committed to actively promoting your friend's stream through giveaways, and you want to do the work, there are many gearing threads you can peruse to build the set yourself. You might have difficulty finding someone who will do the work for free with no obvious benefit for themselves As far as I understand, there are opportunities for financial kickbacks from twitch.tv via advertising if you can find enough viewers. So in essence, someone in your circle is looking for some kind of profit in exchange for a stranger volunteering their time. I might be wrong, but I don't know if that's gonna happen.

But I can't speak on behalf of the community... it's just what I have observed here in the past months. Good luck with your hunt though.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 4/3/2013 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As someone who did a few giveaways in the past here and DH I don't know if there would be a "need" for 3-4 sets per week. Maybe you have a lot of new players in the stream but it was hard to get enough people to want in on the ones here on the forums for the last couple.

What type of budget are you looking for these builds to be and did I read that whomever would be paying for the gear? I might be willing to put a set together in an evening for the week, but further than that I don't have the time nor resources to do it more.

Building a monk is quite diff from building a ww barb or a cm wiz. There aren't specific breakpoints in ias/cc/cd for you to guide your build by so I basically go ehp first, then dps.

Btw, welcome back Nameless! Hope your sabatical was a fruitful one.
Reply Quote
Hmm.

Interesting points by all.

I suppose I was really interested in giving back to the community as well as promoting, which is why I didn't want to just do gold giveaways and things like that.

I was hoping people would be interested in me sponsoring their gear giveaways they were already doing. People seem to enjoy helping out the community and I wouldn't mind helping them help themselves.

It sounds like, however, that simple cash/big item giveaways is the only thing you feel people are interested in, which is really too bad. We need new players if we ever want D3 to survive.

I guess giveaways it will be, at least for a while.

Thanks for everyone's input. Monk forums have definitely been the most helpful so far!
Reply Quote
People seem to enjoy helping out the community and I wouldn't mind helping them help themselves.

It sounds like, however, that simple cash/big item giveaways is the only thing you feel people are interested in, which is really too bad. We need new players if we ever want D3 to survive.

I'd like to think that people in the monk forums aren't huge on charity, and more on education. That's probably why Silver32's gearing service thread may garner more serious attention than giveaway threads.

If you want people watching your friend's stream, look into what Druin does with his stream. From what I've seen in my limited viewing in there, he does some cool things that holds people's attention:
(1) Funny banter -- always entertaining and makes the game look even more interesting than it is
(2) Unid legendary giveaways based on what he finds while he is streaming
(3) Offer advice to those who ask him (either in his Twitch chat or in his thread) and it's given live
(4) Experiments with different builds, describes his build or reasoning behind his build as he is playing with it, etc...

Hope this helps! Good luck with the giveaways and the thread! :)
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 4/3/2013 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
04/03/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Nameless
and makes the game look even more interesting than it is

Yeah but you can't teach HAVING AWESOME HAIR...
Reply Quote
baaaaaahhh..!! ¯\(°_@)/¯
Reply Quote
View profile
04/03/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Sheep
Thanks for everyone's input. Monk forums have definitely been the most helpful so far!
j

*blush*
I bet you say that to all the forum sections
Reply Quote
View profile
04/03/2013 04:59 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
Yeah but you can't teach HAVING AWESOME HAIR...

Lmao oh I am sure he gets regular hair maintenance but seriously druin has a great stream to watch my wife thinks I am very odd watching someone play....she doesn't understand lol.....good info always being provided and he will answer pretty much any question
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]