Diablo® III

What is your favorite monster to kill?

Those things in Act III I euphamistically call demon taxis, they puke out demon troops as they cling to the walls, mostly see them during the catapults quest. Demonic Hellbearers...that's them. Not a popular choice, but I figure put them out of their misery, if they're gonna blow chunks, I'll just cut them and their cargo down to size.
Reply Quote
04/06/2013 09:19 AMPosted by freedjr
Easy - Fallen Maniacs. The sense of panic when you see a swarm of them always gets my heart pumping. Love getting them before they get me!

I like skeletons!!

Fallen maniacs!! Get them before they get you!!!

Fallen Maniacs!! BY FAR THE BEST!! =D

I want Fallen Maniacs thrown by catapults in Rakkis Crossing!
I want Fallen Maniacs dropping from the ceiling in all A3 dungeons!
I want Demonic Hellbearers spitting Fallen Maniacs!

=D

Fallen Maniacs FTW!!
Reply Quote
I love pumbling skeletons. It's so easy and rapid especially in the barracks and tombs of acts 2 and 3.
Reply Quote
Act 3 Scorpions. because there efficent. Oh wait, you're "Fixing" that, so now they give limited loot and limited Exp. Filler mobs are fun, right?

75% exp nerf = Typical Knee-jerk reactionary nerf that blizzard is becoming famed for. we took your fun.. and Doubled* it (*as long as Fun is defined by how we want you to play the game... otherwise we just nerf the snot out of it so you have to play the way we want)

other than that, i love killing the mobs that blow up in act 3. OH YOU WANT TO EXPLODE ME AGAIN LIKE YOU DID ALL THE TIME WHEN I WAS A WIMP? *SMASH*

Basically any mob that doesn't immediately run away i enjoy killing. anything that runs away constantly sucks hard.
Reply Quote
Most of Act 1 mobs such as goatmen, skeletons, brawlers, and grotesque. I really like the prison cave crawlers....something about getting surrounded by them as the crawl up from the depths. Overall, Act 1 is the classic dungeon crawl, with just enough open-field battles, and the death animations are so visceral. I hope we have more designs like this in the expansions.

The later acts, I find dull since the spaces are so vast and the grand finale of each mob's demise isnt as memorable. I dig the close quarter scenarios.
Reply Quote

Diablo
-Just for the fact that you can continue to smash the corpse during the death animation

I wish you can do that to Blood Clan Occultists, they always have the most irritating affixes.
Reply Quote
Goblins. Huge packs of archon fodder. Anything that drops that billion gold item (still looking).
Reply Quote
Hands down: Corrupted Angels.

They look badass, they carry massive mauls, their elites are some of the most prolonged combat of all time, they got shields that block the last attack element used against them, and they scream and disintegrate when slain. A true test of your prowess and it shows that even the mighty can fall from grace.

Runners up:
Oppressors
Morlu
The Blood Clan Khazra
Mallet Lords
Edited by ChrisH36#1805 on 4/12/2013 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Demon Raiders? Those things in Act 3 keeps and in Rakkis Crossing that get puked by that wall climbing demon. They are just easy, big targets that are pretty slow at swinging their mace
Edited by DynaMike#1553 on 4/12/2013 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I always go out of my way to kill Heralds of Pestilence. I find them smug with their "tickle you from a distance" attack. I like to Teleport into a huge pack of Skeletons in the VotA and set off Explosive Blast as well, the scattering of flaming bones is very satisfying, especially after a long day at work!
Reply Quote
Desert wasps and equivalent. Smug little jerks always darting up and down from the cliffs, making it ridiculously time-consuming to fight them.
Reply Quote
Blood Clan Occultists...(for being so fat they sure can run).

Where's your shield now, lardo?
Reply Quote
I love killing the Fallen Maniacs in my runs, and trying to get them to take out as much of their comrades as possible.

However, in terms of the mobs I love to fight because it is challenging, I have to go with corrupted angels. When they are an Elite pack I know I am in for a good fight.
Reply Quote
Act 1, Leoric's Manor. Go back into the manor from the waypoint and going towards the stairs tons of cultists spawn. I love running through them with a tempest rush and watching them explode
Reply Quote
Undead. Like someone else said, I love killing undead in almost any game thanks to the crunching effects.

Fallen. Just overall fun and dynamic.

Act 3 scorpions. Using merciless assault and plowing through huge swarms.
Reply Quote
Illusionist anything with Exploding Palm: Strong Spirit. Necro style chain blasting.

Cydea because she's a little less Saturday morning cartoon than the rest of the bosses.
Reply Quote
The Demonic Tremor in Act 3, i love watching their corpses explode and roll around, then their ribs show on the ground :)

The best way to kill them is WW then stand their and Land a final blow with overpower. Bolt of lightning then BAM! Splat!!!
Reply Quote
Fallen manics, it's really intense.

'Can I one-shot that group of 2-3, or will they blow me to pieces'
Reply Quote
Elite tremor packs with fast affix, on HC ruunning dh.
the rush is intense!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]