Diablo® III

What is "Crypt Run"?

I assume it is A1 crypts, but why do I see many people LF crypt runs? What is so special about it?
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 06:18 PMPosted by CuRsEd
I assume it is A1 crypts, but why do I see many people LF crypt runs? What is so special about it?

You're correct, it is the Crypt of the Ancients.

It is usually farmed on MP10 due to having the most efficient rewards vs time invested.
Reply Quote
Is the xp gain greater than doing scorpion runs? Or is the reward loot based?
Reply Quote
I get about 60 million xp an hour as a DH doing these runs, so the xp is alright; better than I can get anywhere else.

People complain about Act III being the "only" place to farm. Farming anywhere else is a huge waste of time for me; I'm frigging limited to a room full of skeletons.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 06:32 PMPosted by CuRsEd
Is the xp gain greater than doing scorpion runs? Or is the reward loot based?

It's a loot based run. Mp 10 offers a high bonus item % per each monster killed, and Act 1 Crypt of the Ancients offers a LOT of skeletons to smash.
Reply Quote
Good to know.

I seem to get decent xp doing scorpion runs, but as a barb, it's easy to move through monsters you want to skip. I can see being another class that is limited to "skipping" how this zone would be beneficial.
Edited by CuRsEd#1583 on 4/1/2013 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Works if you can survive, but at MP10 it takes a lot.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Kupo

True. I can do MP10 fine.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Kupo

It doesn't take much to survive, but it does take a lot of DPS to be effective. Ideally people doing this take like 2-3 mins to clear the place before restarting the run.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 07:00 PMPosted by Blashyrkh

It doesn't take much to survive, but it does take a lot of DPS to be effective. Ideally people doing this take like 2-3 mins to clear the place before restarting the run.

My scorp run takes me ~7-8 min doing crater 1&2 and get ~1/3 - 3/4 bar per run (sometimes a full bar if lots of scorps). Would the xp be better than that?
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 07:00 PMPosted by Blashyrkh

I spent 40,000 gold in five minutes there, I'm not going back. It takes more than dps.
Reply Quote
Waits patiently for hotfix of taking away skeleton loot.
Reply Quote
LOL I see some people finally caught on to this. I always tell people not to kill the summoners and if I'm in a group of 4 people somebody gets a legendary.
Reply Quote
COTA Runs if what they're normally called, they're extremely fast and high xp overall on mp10 there's 1 elite/rare in their 100% of the time and tons of whites with a 50/50 chance for a buff to spawn.
Reply Quote
Ahhh cota runs.

Been doing this with guild mates. Since i do not need xp, they tell me its very good. Mp10 of course.

Clear out the white trash, leave the elite, leave rinse and repeat, takes a couple of min to do at the most.

Im legend hunting.

Easily pulling 5 or more legs an hour doing this with them, and sometimes even pull a nice rare out of it.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the information everyone. I'm assuming most don't get 5 stacks before hitting crypts?

EDIT: Found Set Ring on 3rd run... not bad!
Edited by marffeus#1835 on 4/1/2013 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No need to

Really its for the xp and being mp 10 gives you a huge mf increase, so its a nice mix between xp and mf.

Lots of lights the past couple of nights. Def very eff for me for leg hunting, and i get to help mates xp in the process so win/win
Reply Quote

My scorp run takes me ~7-8 min doing crater 1&2 and get ~1/3 - 3/4 bar per run (sometimes a full bar if lots of scorps). Would the xp be better than that?

I've heard of people doing 100m+ xp per hour with this thing. Not sure how that would translate in bar terms, but it seems pretty efficient. You'd have to do the math and compare, i guess.
Edited by Blashyrkh#1824 on 4/1/2013 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There are act 3 routes that net over 150m exp per hour if you have the proper gear to run them. Wizards are the only class that doesn't have enough mobility to exp grind that fast. Crypt of the Ancients is not the way to go if you're looking for experience gains.
Reply Quote
Also wonder whether NV affects the quality of leg drops? I've gotten several out of the crypt in the last few days. Most of them were trash and the ones that weren't had trash rolls so not worth anything
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]