Diablo® III

What kind of budget would I need to run mp5?

i say 200-300 mil to farm it efficiently

Anyone saying less is smokin crack. You could survive it for less, but you won't be efficient.

-Gillars

I hear a challenge coming on, depends on your idea of efficent. If you want 5 second elite kills sure its not efficient but the 15m set I built was killing elites in 15-30 seconds depending on what affixes they had. I dont know but personally I dont mind spending 15-30 seconds on a elite mob i conciser that efficiency enough.
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 02:17 PMPosted by KillerElite
Those are some nice sets for 15m. Not saying you can't play mp5 with them. Is 500k tDPS and 400k EHP fun to play higher mps with and how long do you want to take to kill elties? I think to get a decent amount of EHP and tDPS you really need to spend around 100m. More will get you more.

im willing to bet the 500k tdps was before you put the skills in, because after you do that you might see a pretty big jump in the tdps.
Reply Quote
View profile
i say 200-300 mil to farm it efficiently

Anyone saying less is smokin crack. You could survive it for less, but you won't be efficient.

-Gillars

I say this exactly. Those other builds are not efficient. If it takes 20 seconds or so to kill mp 6 blue elite packs with 1.32m tDPS, 500k is going to take you over a minute and 400k EHP is going to get dicey.
Reply Quote
View profile
Those are some nice sets for 15m. Not saying you can't play mp5 with them. Is 500k tDPS and 400k EHP fun to play higher mps with and how long do you want to take to kill elties? I think to get a decent amount of EHP and tDPS you really need to spend around 100m. More will get you more.

im willing to bet the 500k tdps was before you put the skills in, because after you do that you might see a pretty big jump in the tdps.

That was after skills, WOTB, BR and OPKS. Storm, I think your build hit 600k. I uploaded yours an niveds.
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 4/2/2013 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 02:21 PMPosted by KillerElite

That was after skills, WOTB, BR and OPKS. Storm, I think your build hit 600k. I uploaded yours an niveds.

yea weird thought it was more yesterday.

anyway there is no way it will take more then 30 seconds to kill a blue on mp5 with this set I built (to poster above you). Im willing to take a bet from anyone that I can build set for 15m that will be able to kill mp5 blues in average time of 30 seconds tops.I can stream it on twitch if you want I have a channel I dont use, it lags me a little but I can try to get it to work.
Reply Quote

Mine was intended to be somewhat of a joke. I built it for 2.5M and its a pretty solid set. it would farm most efficiently on MP3. However, 300M to farm MP5 efficiently? that's a joke.
Reply Quote
Look at my profile....not very good gear by any stretch of the imagination. I have spent a total of MAYBE 5 mil and I can farm keeps on MP5 absolutely no problem
Reply Quote
another thing you have to concider is someones ability to play the build.

Yes WW barb is not rocket science but I built my buddie a 90m or so set that I could survive in mp10 with (not farm efficently) and he was getting killed on mp 5 with it. He complained to me and I took the set back and again farmed mp10 with it, but to make it easier on him I added on more LOH/life steal and again farmed mp10 fine with it. Better then fine my health bar never moved. And again he got killed in mp5 and ended up selling gear and giving up.
Reply Quote
id say 10-30 mil would do, little more if u want soj...
Reply Quote
View profile
You guys did a great job with those budget builds. You can have this thread as I am not going to argue with anyone. My idea of farming efficiently is taking 20 seconds or less on an elite pack. With my other account, it was taking around 20 seconds to kill elites on mp 6 with a tDPS of 1.32m and I do know how to play the WW build. I still think if you want to be efficient and not die ever on mp 5 or 6 or even 7, then spend 200-300m.

BTW, no one is making an mp 10 barb for 300m like Planet keeps saying. My other barb can farm mp 10 without dying but elites take in upwards of two minutes to kill.
Reply Quote
You can solo MP10 with 30M in Barb gear due to how ridiculously overpowered our class skills' synergy is right now. I wish there was a challenge...
Reply Quote
Oh yea, i think mp10 barb that can kill elites in 30 secs would be like 2 bil minimum.
Reply Quote
View profile
Planet you assume too much. I think you are a know it all that likes to hear himself speak. You are NOT making a barb for 300m that does mp 10 with any kind of efficiency and has a decent EHP. IF you can, I will eat my words and pay you double what you spent. That is 600 m. Off the top of my head, I think 600 k unbuffed EhP is reasonable with a tDPS of around 2m buffed with WOTB, OpkS and BR. My barb has nearly 300k paper dps with a tDPS of 2.7m and it still takes close around 25 seconds to kill mp 10 elites.
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 4/2/2013 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I can hit over 1m tDPS with an EHP of 600 m with 300m gold but 1m is not nearly enough to be efficient in anyway.
Reply Quote
honestly I cant comment on the MP10 builds. Ive never had anyone wanting me to build them a mp10 set and honestly I would decline the request. Most sets im given to build are in the range of mp5-mp8 so thats what im knowledgeable at.

my set is mp10 farmable but of course I spent a lot and think I could of spent less but at time I bought gear I didn't know about breakpoints and such so I overpaid for useless stuff. Since I found out about that a d3rawr ive been able to make good sets for a lot less.
Reply Quote
I paid 2.5 mil on my barb, with the help of PikkaGTR.

That being said, many items are self found (rare ring, inna's, EF) or crafted (HF ring - 2nd roll, shoulders 15th roll, bracers 2nd roll, ammy from my wiz). Except the rare ring, most are pretty affordable. I'm doing MP4 for now.
Reply Quote
View profile
04/02/2013 03:16 PMPosted by Planet
I'll do it for a 200 mil budget.

You are going to make a barb with 600k EHP, 2m WW TDPS buffed with WOTB, BR and OPKS? For 200m ? BTW, I did not mention it but you need sustain also and I think 5 % is sufficient so keep the 300m budget. I want to see screen shots of the items purchased and I will not accept anything like you buying a CC mempo for 25m. If you get a good deal on something that is I fine but I won't trust you if buy a bunch of gear for a lot less than current market prices. After all, you could post something worth 200m for 20m and buy it yourself, though that could get risky. I will gladly pay you 600m if you can pull that off for a 300m budget.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]