Diablo® III

Advice on weapon

I'm planning to upgrade my offhand. I'm currently looking on some high weapon damage/3% LS/OS/CD on AH right now. My question is it worth it to sacrifice my 161dex vs high damage weapon with no dex? Since i will be losing some ehp but will gain dps but at the same time since I will be using that as my main hand it will maximize the damage of bells.

Thanks.

Sorry for bad english
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
I just did the exact same thing last night. In my case I had to give up 255 dex and a bit of vita, but the DPS gain was too big to ignore. It added almost 7% to overall DPS and 12% to MH damage. I can replace the lost stats as I add paragon levels, but my starting defense and life was high enough that I could afford to sacrifice some.

Your case is interesting because you have plenty of DPS already. Your mitigation is decent, but your life pool is well above average, and your existing sustain is very solid. In my opinion, losing a bit of dex will not put you at an unacceptable level defensively. I'd say go for it.
Reply Quote
thanks man. i will go for it then. will make up for the lost stats on my remaining 40 paragon level.
Reply Quote
161 dex is a bit of dodge and armor if you have STI. Dodge while nice isn't super duper important as long as you have decent other EHP stats.
Reply Quote
d3up.com
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Dailach
d3up.com

Yes you need to simulate. 161 dex is worth quite a bit of dps in terms of weapons, more than you might expect.
Reply Quote
You can forgo dexterity on your offhand, especially if you find a high DPS item with CHD and a socket, you will increase your eHP and DPS. Look for black damage weapons and don't tighten the affix requirements too much - start with min/max and % dmg with socket and CHD.
Reply Quote
thanks guys for the help. I finally bought a weapon with high damage/LS/OS/CHD, it gave me 6k dps increase but have lose some ehp.
Reply Quote
^^ that LoK is a plus for mid MP so be happy :-) nice choice IMHO
Reply Quote
yea, that LoK might be useful in the future knowing that blizzard is planning to buff this :)
But it is definitely a plus on my current setup for some extra healing. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]