Diablo® III

T.D.P. Dual Wield discussion

I agree that I can't imagine a dual wield set-up with max efficiency without EF....perhaps I was too bold with that statement.
Reply Quote
3) 24 MS: Inna w/ Lacuni? lacuni with MS boots? Another key decision that obviously effects EHP (Wayne's favorite word ;) balancing.

this is a great point. we can agree that wayne and acrimony arent short skill wise, so i can imagine that the both would be able to permawrath while hitting 2.2 breakpoint. this would allow for the drop of innas and use rare pants instead with huge EHP. but that would need to be discussed of course
Reply Quote
I think the best way to incorporate the Echoing Fury is to:
a) Make it the off-hand;
b) Break 26 ticks per cycle;
c) Get a cold damage Stone of Jordan to slow fearing.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Nived
this is a great point. we can agree that wayne and acrimony arent short skill wise, so i can imagine that the both would be able to permawrath while hitting 2.2 breakpoint. this would allow for the drop of innas and use rare pants instead with huge EHP. but that would need to be discussed of course

Hmm...maximizing the damage potential at 2.23 is probably not an easy task. Having to worry about managing perma with 2.23 with a running/kiting magdha could be done but seems like it might be asking a lot.

I still think 2.5 ultimately is the best breakpoint to manage perma easily on single targets. The erratic nature of the mag/skel fight might cause a wrath drop. With Kulle/seige and the ghom fight this is usually not an issue because you can focus one and the other just tends to follow you around.

Sometime's Kulle strays like an Alzheimer's patient...but siege inevitably follows.
Reply Quote
I can perma-wrath at 2.2 breakpoint, no questions asked....I'm sure acrimony can as well....but, yeah, I am confident I can pull it off.
Reply Quote
It shouldn't be too difficult to break 2.5 breakpoints using four slots of IAS. I would certain try to get it on Inna's with monster vitality or ~60 AR+. I would think skimp on the Mempo without critical hit chance and grab an Immortal King's Triumph with critical hit chance and AR.

Certainly a good option to raise our proc-rates while increasing our defenses.
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 4/1/2013 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 08:26 AMPosted by Wayneold
I can perma-wrath at 2.2 breakpoint, no questions asked....I'm sure acrimony can as well....but, yeah, I am confident I can pull it off.

Of course I can.

*shameless plug* http://www.twitch.tv/acrimony1561/b/377825489
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 08:26 AMPosted by Wayneold

04/01/2013 08:28 AMPosted by acrimonious
Of course I can.

You guys need a TV show...seriously. lol...
Reply Quote
@ Pri
2) Crit Mempo is out considering the budget unless you are going with at low crit mempo which (extra crit needed for procs?). I'm guessing a high str mempo will ultimately be the decision but not 100% sure. Would you guys get stronger mitigation from an str/armor mempo?

I think a double strenght roll Mempo is the way to go too, 'cause it has enough Ehp stat and more strenght = more dps = more armor.
My 2 cent.
Edited by Gorak#2772 on 4/1/2013 8:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think a double strenght roll Mempo is the way to go too, 'cause it has enough Ehp stat and more strenght = more dps = more armor.
My 2 cent.

I figured this would be the route to go...the only problem is that people are catching on to the high str mempo trend. Inflation is catching up on those as well...just throwing out some food for thought...
Reply Quote
I think Nived is leaning toward using a Mempo....which I am not against....but I would be interested to hear his entire gear rough draft as it is, then we can work our way down piece by piece until we are in agreement....I think most of them we can come to an agreement on relatively quick.
Reply Quote
Of course, Nived wants use AH bid, so probabily he can tries to get one.
Reply Quote
I would certainly be okay with a Mempo of Twilight, but I'm not a fan of having a Helm without critical hit chance unless we have managed to really stacked it elsewhere on the Barb. Personal preference.
Reply Quote
You have to make final decisions, we try to give you more ideas we can!!!
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 09:38 AMPosted by acrimonious
I would certainly be okay with a Mempo of Twilight, but I'm not a fan of having a Helm without critical hit chance unless we have managed to really stacked it elsewhere on the Barb. Personal preference.

I completely agree....plus, you know me, I love my IK stuff....

Also, I think I may have figured out how to do our builds....I will post my suggestion in a few hours, I have to get a lot done around my place today if I plan on playing at all tonight.

Keep up the great suggestions all.
Reply Quote

with a non crit mempo and soj, the cc we are looking to aim for would be 30% just on gear. i play with 28.5%cc while using an soj and have no problems hitting enough crits. the use of overpower and the obvious br and wotb help a ton, but OP/KS is very very helpful.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 10:14 AMPosted by Nived

with a non crit mempo and soj, the cc we are looking to aim for would be 30% just on gear. i play with 28.5%cc while using an soj and have no problems hitting enough crits. the use of overpower and the obvious br and wotb help a ton, but OP/KS is very very helpful.

The problem becomes that we need to be able to play two different builds. With WT + Rend + WW, it would allow us to change one passive as per the rules. In that case, I would want to grab more critical hit chance instead of solely relying on OPKS.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 10:26 AMPosted by acrimonious
I would want to grab more critical hit chance instead of solely relying on OPKS.

yea very good point.. im wondering what an ik helm with ar and a unity with ias would look like together (unity for the extra e dmg). we would only need 33%ias on gear to hit 2.5bp (BUT only if we get an ef with .25aps). that being said as long as we can get every other piece with 9%ias (innas might be a little pricey if we go higher than 150vit), we can settle for a cheap 6%ias unity. im not sure what ias unitys are going for nowadays but back when i had one, the difference between a 6% and 8% was about 100m lol

EDIT: also a wailing host is an option.
Edited by Nived#1902 on 4/1/2013 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Nived
I would want to grab more critical hit chance instead of solely relying on OPKS.

yea very good point.. im wondering what an ik helm with ar and a unity with ias would look like together (unity for the extra e dmg). we would only need 33-34%ias on gear to hit 2.5bp. that being said as long as we can get every other piece with 9%ias (innas might be a little pricey if we go higher than 150vit), we can settle for a cheap 6%ias unity. im not sure what ias unitys are going for nowadays but back when i had one, the difference between a 6% and 8% was about 100m lol

Well, I did check the Inna's with AR. They are dirty cheap. I believe most used to go for 500m-750m with ~60 AR. Now they are going for so cheap, it's become a viable option I think. And speaking of averaged damage, it's a perfect modifier for Rend damage. It has to have minimum or minimum - maximum. It can't be maximum by itself. Unity rings are interesting, but I would be very careful with what you decide to get for rings. I would much prefer getting no critical hit chance at all, but maxed critical hit damage, attack speed, vitality, strength, averaged damage, all resistance, etc. OPKS would definitely compensate for the missing critical hit chance. It would come in much cheaper than a trifecta or a quadfecta.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 10:45 AMPosted by acrimonious
It would come in much cheaper than a trifecta or a quadfecta.

we wouldnt need to get trifectas for rings. we can easily hit the ias we need with either mempo,gloves,innas,lacunis or gloves,ring,innas,lacunis. then ring can just be used for cc and cd
Edited by Nived#1902 on 4/1/2013 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]