Diablo® III

T.D.P. Dual Wield discussion

Another benefit of the IK helm is that it can be used for the 2 set bonus if we decide to go with Tyrael's for the elite bonus. I have both an IK and a non-crit mempo, and when testing stuff out last night the extra fury generation from the crit chance was noticeable despite dropping a breakpoint while doing so. Mempos do have the advantage of the AR, though it may be possible to get that as a random mod on the IK helm, or if that's too expensive, even physical res might be useful.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 12:36 PMPosted by acrimonious
Now that Monster Power has been nerfed, there's no sense in using Throw unless we're doing this to show a different spec.

Yeah but throw is fun and looks cool as hell in conjunction with the other skills...and helps me whoop on Goblins!

I have been wanting to integrate weapon throw for quite some time, but just so weary about running without a fury generator.

I am also trying to get a a strong LS mainhand so I can swap out the BT passive.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Pri
Now that Monster Power has been nerfed, there's no sense in using Throw unless we're doing this to show a different spec.

Yeah but throw is fun and looks cool as hell in conjunction with the other skills...and helps me whoop on Goblins!

I have been wanting to integrate weapon throw for quite some time, but just so weary about running without a fury generator.

I am also trying to get a a strong LS mainhand so I can swap out the BT passive.

It's a blast. That's why I stuck to it for so long -- it was never about efficiency for me. It was always about having fun with a game I felt was starting to lose its appeal. Now that I'm in Hardcore, the consequences are much more dire, so the appeal of this game is back.

Read this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934724695?page=1

Some good comments on the build. If you're doing that damage in your profile without any buffs, you can get by on 3% leech and using throw for any circumstances that might cause issues. Although a bigger health pool wouldn't hurt ;)

04/01/2013 12:41 PMPosted by zylog
Another benefit of the IK helm is that it can be used for the 2 set bonus if we decide to go with Tyrael's for the elite bonus. I have both an IK and a non-crit mempo, and when testing stuff out last night the extra fury generation from the crit chance was noticeable despite dropping a breakpoint while doing so. Mempos do have the advantage of the AR, though it may be possible to get that as a random mod on the IK helm, or if that's too expensive, even physical res might be useful.

Agreed. I would prefer universal resistances though. Mempo of Twilights without critical hit chance is like using a main hand without a socket.
Reply Quote
It's a blast. That's why I stuck to it for so long -- it was never about efficiency for me. It was always about having fun with a game I felt was starting to lose its appeal. Now that I'm in Hardcore, the consequences are much more dire, so the appeal of this game is back.

Read this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934724695?page=1

Some good comments on the build. If you're doing that damage in your profile without any buffs, you can get by on 3% leech and using throw for any circumstances that might cause issues. Although a bigger health pool wouldn't hurt ;)

Yeah that's my unbuffed with passives and follower. Check out the SoJ on my female barb. What if I swap that in? Also is the way to generate fury really just to walk around and get hit a little bit? lol seems so weird to me.

P.S. I'm sorry i'm prying into weapon throw build so much, I know that isn't he intention of this thread. Feel free to ignore these posts when you guys are getting down to more business lol.
Reply Quote
You can generate fury by attacking with your "default attack". Since you don't have fury, your left click skill that requires fury will just do a normal swing.

No idea if I explain that correctly, but that's what I do when running 0 fury generator with skorn runs.
Reply Quote
Its a little bit more complex than that. You can only use your default attack if you have a target-able skill. The "Pure WW" revenge build is particularly difficult because the only one of your skills that will proc the default attack is WW. Since it's a channeled ability, you can only default attack once, then wait to get till you can start your battle rage up since you'll just start WWing instead of default attacking again.

Things like Rend or HotA are target-able skills and will proc the default attack until you hit the 20 fury to use the skill.
Reply Quote
What time does everyone (zylog, WayneOld, and Nived) plan on getting together? We seem to have a big headstart on the Skorn Barbs. Death seems deathly afraid.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 03:47 PMPosted by acrimonious
What time does everyone (zylog, WayneOld, and Nived) plan on getting together? We seem to have a big headstart on the Skorn Barbs. Death seems deathly afraid.

im in cali im not sure where u guys reside, but most evenings im free during the week. let me knw when and ill be there
Reply Quote
I'm in Toronto. Eastern Standard Time.
Reply Quote
I will be on shortly for the first time in weeks/months, I plan on friend requesting all on the team (if you haven't already sent me one) getting my warm-up gear from Nived, and getting to work....

Also, going to get some rough ideas of prices on the oh-so-finnicky AH
Reply Quote
Is gear swapping allowed ? Lol not trying to be an !@#.. just curious.
Reply Quote
A Titan awakens :)

@ LightofEast

They are free to choose any gear within the 1B limit but need to balance the quantity v quality of gear that they purchase. The more different pieces, the lower the overall quality of gear.
Reply Quote
Thanks heaps to everyone who's contributed to this thread. I know you weren't trying to educate, but even so I've found your discussions the most helpful since Phat's gearing advice.

Go team DP!
Reply Quote
Well, I am using my Revenge/OP:KS build....and I must say....I think I am going to have a hard time against Maghda solo.....but, I plan on farming an entire set of machines and giving this a shot here very soon to see how it works. I definitely am a little rusty, more on the end of fury management than anything, which used to be my strength.

Thanks again for donating gear Morpheus and Nived....I needed it.
Reply Quote
blackthorn's set is a good alternative as well but then you have to get MS on your boots. It could save you lots of gold for the more important stat slots.
Reply Quote
Thanks heaps to everyone who's contributed to this thread. I know you weren't trying to educate, but even so I've found your discussions the most helpful since Phat's gearing advice.

Go team DP!

The entire point is to educate :)

That's why Morpheus funded this challenge.
Reply Quote
Okay, I think I'm ready to get my Uber on. I'm collecting keys. I also figured out something for the non-fury generator (you will need to switch your key bindings around), so whenever you get on WayneOld, hit me up.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 03:47 PMPosted by acrimonious

LOL I like the pun, good stuff lol

Afraid no not at all. If Joch and Anwin don't show up I got you ballerinas handled no probs :P
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 07:00 PMPosted by acrimonious
Okay, I think I'm ready to get my Uber on. I'm collecting keys. I also figured out something for the non-fury generator (you will need to switch your key bindings around), so whenever you get on WayneOld, hit me up.

added
Reply Quote
Posted by acrimonious

added

Am I the only one that popped a bottle of champagne when this happened.

Monumental ground we're breaking here gentlemen...

From foes to friends? :D

#SkornySoCorny2013
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]