Diablo® III

T.D.P. Dual Wield discussion

04/01/2013 07:14 PMPosted by Pri
#SkornySoCorny2013

#TDP

start trending on twitter folks
Reply Quote
This is all really quite fun :). And added drama too, all these twists and turns. Only a couple of days ago, Wayneold was facing almost certain annihalatioin. The veteran warrior alone against the new Masters, Death, Nived, Joch and Silverfire. Now it seems the tables have turned as Joch and Anwin are nowhere to be seen and Nived is now part of Team DP. Wayneolds old men at arms are reappearing and lending their aid. Death and Silverfire remain defiant however. I love your post above Death mate :). The momentum is now with Team DP. Perhaps I should put my Skorn in the cupboard for now and put my DW gear on? :)

This is like a movie. What shall we call it. The 8 Barbarians? War in the North?
Reply Quote
@Nived

After playing around with the gear loaned to me....we have to place a priority on.....*gulp* EHP.

I think damage uptime on these bosses and ability to stand and deal damage is what will win this challenge.....steady damage will win this race and produce the most consistency.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Wayneold
After playing around with the gear loaned to me....we have to place a priority on.....*gulp* EHP.

LMAO.

Oh man..so many screenshots...so little time.

Who would have guessed...
Reply Quote

I think damage uptime on these bosses and ability to stand and deal damage is what will win this challenge.....steady damage will win this race and produce the most consistency.

Lies
Reply Quote
@Nived

yea.. to be fair that set isnt really EHP friendly. the person it belongs to has a few pieces that provide more vit. some of the other pieces i had in my stash and just threw in to give u a piece for every slot. in particular, those ice climbers. they have 232str/87vit, if we were to go with about 180str/140vit that would be more comfortable. out of curiosity how were ur kill times? also, how was sb/kulle? i imagine maghda was painful.
Reply Quote
So I just explained to WayneOld that there's a particular key-mapping that cancels out the secondary skill cast and resets to your primary (the skill you used first). I discovered it in Hardcore, but couldn't really test it due to the fact that I needed War Cry and Bash for guaranteed defense and fury building.

http://www.twitch.tv/acrimony1561/b/385493702

Edit: The first pack was pretty hairy. Health-Links. This was just a quick key run.

Some of you might already know of this, but back in November, I don't recall this being known of whatsoever.

Basically, if you're going to go without a fury-builder and strictly with a fury-generator, you will need to swap Rend to your left-click and Whirlwind to your right-click. In the video above, because I had already held down Whirlwind in my right click, the casting of Rend seamlessly transited back to Whirlwind without forcing a mouse-click reset. This is similar to damage snapshots, but in a more mechanical way. I tried this with Rend in my #1 key-binding, but it didn't animate the cast without forcing me to reset the Whirlwind cast altogether.

Because it transits so well between the two skills, I'm consistently oriented and continuing to dole out damage without disruptions.

It's a really small, very minor detail, but it might make the difference between a 30 second elite kill and 25 seconds instead.

The more you know. This is probably going to be my build against Ubers (without Overpower's Killing Spree), but WayneOld will have more details as we go on.
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 4/1/2013 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Nived

yea.. to be fair that set isnt really EHP friendly. the person it belongs to has a few pieces that provide more vit. some of the other pieces i had in my stash and just threw in to give u a piece for every slot. in particular, those ice climbers. they have 232str/87vit, if we were to go with about 180str/140vit that would be more comfortable. out of curiosity how were ur kill times? also, how was sb/kulle? i imagine maghda was painful.

My kill times weren't terrible....Ghom/Rak was under 2 minutes, Skele/Maghda was around 3-4 minutes and SB/Kulle took some skill changes to make it happen, and closer to 5 minutes....I couldn't use the same build...I am still searching for the best viable 4th skill in my build.

acrimony (who really has taken Rend to the next level) will be taking Rend in his build, I will be taking OP:KS....and we are both going to have to find optimal 4th skills. I know he is leaning toward Weapon Throw...I am experimenting with War Cry, Ground Stomp, Leap, and anything esle I can think of....for the record, Revenge is awful against Ubers as part of a WW build....rarely procs, and when it does it's too little too late.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 4/1/2013 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Are you guys doing Kulle first or Siege first in that fight? In 1.0.7, I switched to killing Siege first because we can ignore the slow bubbles. This completely negates Kulle's teleporting, as he will stop teleporting once Siege is down.

For build, I suppose I'll use bash punish then. I haven't really optimized it for WW before, but I'm thinking that if I train with a metronome and my inventory open, I can try to maximize the amount of time the 24% damage buff is active.

I'm thinking that for training I might do runs where I take the last uber down to about a quarter health then committing suicide so I can repeat the fight without having to spend more machines.

Once we get an idea of the stats we're going for, it might be good to try runs with deliberately poorer stats in order to challenge our skills as well as provide a contrast effect once we switch to the challenge set.
Reply Quote
Are you guys doing Kulle first or Siege first in that fight? In 1.0.7, I switched to killing Siege first because we can ignore the slow bubbles. This completely negates Kulle's teleporting, as he will stop teleporting once Siege is down.

For build, I suppose I'll use bash punish then. I haven't really optimized it for WW before, but I'm thinking that if I train with a metronome and my inventory open, I can try to maximize the amount of time the 24% damage buff is active.

I'm thinking that for training I might do runs where I take the last uber down to about a quarter health then committing suicide so I can repeat the fight without having to spend more machines.

Once we get an idea of the stats we're going for, it might be good to try runs with deliberately poorer stats in order to challenge our skills as well as provide a contrast effect once we switch to the challenge set.

Yup, that's the plan. We're gonna gimp the sets we have and try and see the bare minimums we need. I just collected a few machines after testing out the non-fury building skill map, so I will start my attempts now. I'm not going to kill any of them. In fact, I just opened up Kulle and Seige portal, so I guess we'll see how this goes.

The next run, I will integrate Weapon Throw or something else. Haven't decided.
Reply Quote
Three minutes on Seige and Kulle. Not too bad Start-up was a rough one. Had to take a lot of damage from Seige to get Battle Rage and Sprint going. Next time, I'll probably attack Kulle instead and use his tornadoes to bring my fury up.
Reply Quote
1 minute, 37 seconds on Ghom and Retard.
Reply Quote
@ Zylog

You, as the Third, can use any skills you want mate. It can be exactly the same as either the Champion or Second's build. Read the post dude ;)
Reply Quote
Died on Magna. B1tch would not leave the corner. Kept chipping at my health and with arcane beam right underneath her at all times lol
Reply Quote
The Name is easy

Ninja turtles.

I want a shout out + credit for this name :P
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 10:44 PMPosted by acrimonious
Died on Magna. B1tch would not leave the corner. Kept chipping at my health and with arcane beam right underneath her at all times lol

the hard decision will be:
1) stay in the corner and try to tank her b1tchassness to shoot for lowest time possible
2) back off :(
Edited by Nived#1902 on 4/1/2013 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Nived

1) stay in the corner and try to tank her b1tchassness to shoot for lowest time possible

I would tank her if I could generate fury off of her -- she was right in the corner. I could not pull her away, even when I ran to the other side of the map. I took out Killing Spree for Frenzy Maniac and did damage snapshooting. Not a fan of it though. The damage seems intermittent and inconsistent.

I know I can tank Leoric's walk though. That's no issue. I hope you can pull together a good amount of leech. I was doing roughly 20,000 per second. I think as a rule, we need to pull together some life-regeneration as well.

Here's the profile: http://www.d3rawr.com/d-mTTr1

I wouldn't mind having some extra defenses to work with. I'm avoiding a traditional fury builder as much as I can.
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Nived

You have to back off if you can't tank her in a corner, a death costs more time than anything...I think the more difficult decision will be staying out of WoTB if you lose it from kiting if it means not having it ready for the beginning of the next battle....there will be a lot of strategy to be played out here...
Reply Quote
Is there any openings for this duel.
Reply Quote
donating machines for practice if interesed :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]