Diablo® III

Upgrading my weapon. Windforce or Calamity?

I love the attack speed of Calamity. The build I typically use relies heavily on landing crits to generate discipline with Night Stalker, and then I regen health with shadow power.

I've got a couple hundred mil to spend on a weapon upgrade. I'm debating on switching to a Windforce, and socketing it with a ruby to buff my sentry damage. That way, I would also have the health regen built into the weapon.

Either that, or I go for a high dps calamity with a socket, and max my crit dmg.

Your thoughts?
Reply Quote
basically it comes down to whether or not you want the knockback windforce provides. you can achieve perma shadow power: gloom with either very easily so the lifesteal isn't that important.

i'd recommend buying a cheap one and trying it out for a few days. you can't really measure the value of the knockback so giving it a try will be the best way to determine if it's for you.

FWIW i use a windforce
Reply Quote
Thanks. Maybe I will try buying a cheap one just to see what the effects are. I'd like to get away from being so reliant on shadow power. Appreciate the advice
Reply Quote
While I loved the windforce, I found the knockback to not always work on elites. I find the marked for death and the big increase in as and cd to run much better on the calamity.

If I could find a windforce that was close to my calamity (which was only 95m), I wouldn't mind it, but that is pretty tough.

BTW- ruby would do more damage increase in a calamity than the difference in the windforce. I went from a marq em to marq ruby and gained 27k dps, even with 61% cc.
Reply Quote

BTW- ruby would do more damage increase in a calamity than the difference in the windforce. I went from a marq em to marq ruby and gained 27k dps, even with 61% cc

Really? I found a ruby to increase my DPS on my WD, but his cc is only about 50%. I figured with 60% on my DH, and emerald would be better. Not the case huh?
Reply Quote
04/01/2013 12:54 PMPosted by NotoriousDUG
Really? I found a ruby to increase my DPS on my WD, but his cc is only about 50%. I figured with 60% on my DH, and emerald would be better. Not the case huh?

d3up.com

in general though, for the marq. level gems:

calamity = ruby
windforce = ruby
manticore = emerald
Reply Quote
My Calamity is only 1155 before the ruby.
Reply Quote
Rudy for sure. I bought my wf @ 1396 I believe and now its 1693 ? Is there any other 2h bows that has damage anywhere in the arena of 1400+ w/ a socket?

-khrone-

a 50% weapon modded windforce is to be had in case of using rubies. At least 48%+ because that affects the rubys modded damage once inserted.

a 1396 WF, assuming 48-50% enh. dmg, would have close to 1800 weapon dps with a marquise ruby ^^ (upper 1700's at least) and the Windforce is MUCH cheaper than anything else when it comes down to bang for yer buck. Free lifesteal is never bad, even with permagloom being at hand.

As a sentry player (100% sentry geared, the crazed sort) I will tell you I both loved and hated my old WF, was a 1390 dps one with marq ruby. Damage is superb with the passive for bows, sentries went nuts BUT, the knockback is extremely poor. Sentries have so-so AI and not a very far range, combined the knockback ruins the sentry style :( Unless you end up with mobs in your face and the sentry far away in which case you can knock them back into it's range (if cooldown is up on sentry)

For that reason, calamity works better. But is it worth losing dps, dmg and lifesteal? (let's face it, 100m will buy you a superb windforce, it'll get you NOTHING with a socket on the calamity market.) Even with Calamity's mark for death, which procs decently depending on skill (hello silly coefficients... cindering will proc it alot, most other stuff won't actually) The windforce still does more raw damage due to higher weapon dps from the start, higher dmg per shot and better raw damage passive. If you want to go 100% sentry damage, a bow will provide the most output.

As for you, the hunter, a calamity adding 10% free cc from passive along with it's built in chd, makes it better overall :p It also gives you more discipline, more glooming, less need for lifesteal.

But a 1200+ dps one, at least on Europe servers, will cost you 300m++, while a almost-1400 dps windforce is 100 or less!
Reply Quote
if we're talking the highest possible sentry output, a rare ilvl 63 bow with maxe rolled stats wins.
Theoretically it can reach close to 1500 dps, have plenty of dex, 11% ias and a socket... and vit...

Nothing Sentryish can touch that! But is there even such a weapon in the game? probably not... not yet :p Same can be said for a max calamity/manticore, if max rolled stats they'd obviously be crazy good, a Manticore being 2000+ dps with 2 rubies,albeit slow which ruins weap dmg rings+amulet a bit, but still!

Your gold decides what you get. Your style will have to adapt :p But it's easy to adapt to a windforce, just don't use cinder arrow (hungering rune) if you hate knockback spam!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]