Diablo® III

Nived´s Free Gearing Service (WW Barbs) Pt. 2

MAKE SURE YOU ARE LEVEL 60

If you're unsure what build you want to go with. I highly suggest checking out RagingKoala's Barbarian Index. This thread provides lot of useful information and has links to various threads related to the Barbarian class. Have a question? Every Question has already been answered. Your answers will be found there.
Barbarian Index: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7591980848

The purpose of this thread is to help fellow barbs gear accordingly for DT/WW. I am not trying to explain all of the mechanics and the entire breakdown of how the build works. My job is to give you the tools, your job is to learn how to use them. To make sure there is no confusion and to make things a lot smoother, please check out PhatPhoEater's DT/WW guide to become more familiar with what we will be accomplishing while gearing your barb.
Pho's Thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7923873618?page=1

Barbarians,

I'm open to give free gearing advice and gearing service to any new barbs or barbs who are trying to reach mid-tier. I consider myself to be very knowledgeable in the aspects of the WW build. However, I am not as knowledgeable when it comes to Hota/Rend gearing. For Hota/Rend barbs I would suggest looking to well-known Hota/Rend barbs for such gearing advice. IMO as a WW barb the most important aspect of having a well geared set is hitting the 2.5 breakpoint, so no matter what your budget is, we will make your set hit that mark. I have done many budget sets, as well as mid-tier sets, so if you are seeking advice feel free to add me in game. However, please allow me some time to help you. If I dont accept your friend request right away don't feel as if I am ignoring you or anything like that. It's just that I am busy helping someone else. Thank You.

IMPORTANT LINKS
Sprint Mechanics, By: Nubtro
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497
Ruby vs Emerald for WW Builds (d3rawr), By: Pri
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568956963

NOTE: On occasion Pri will come to this thread and give you advice. Take everything he says into consideration, as he is very knowledgeable and his advice will help you improve.

Budget Sets
Feel free to use these sets as a blueprint if you wish to build your own set
Keep in mind that over time these sets will probably be upgraded, so refer to the d3up links underneath them.

2.5M Budget Set
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BigBaws-1320/hero/8262726
http://d3up.com/b/484305

5M Budget Set (Without Gems)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Swep-1636/hero/12461319
http://d3up.com/b/484311

60M Budget Set (Gems Included)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Prosidius-1519/hero/1798648
http://d3up.com/b/484315

Thanks to Eclipse, d3up links are under each set, to ensure original gear is accurate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUDGET SET GIVEAWAYS
I will be doing a 3 budget set giveaways a week (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday). I will create a separate thread for each giveaway when the time comes. These sets will range in budget, but will all be equally well built.
TheFox#1130 and Sheep#1187 have been kind enough to start sponsoring my weekly set giveaways, and now instead of doing 1 set a week on Mondays, there will be 3 set giveaways a week on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Please check out their stream: twitch.tv/MrFreakinRodgers
This Weeks Giveaway Thread: n/a

DONATIONS
Please feel free to add me and donate some budget items or even small amounts of gold. Anything that saves a little out of my pocket would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

HALL OF DONATORS
Rog#1393
Seinfire#1445
nusiel#1654
TimPam#6231
Reaper#11183
TLO#1516
Noxtus#1934

Thanks.

Nived#1902
Edited by Nived#1902 on 9/4/2013 3:09 AM PDT
Step by Step D3rawr Ruby vs Emerald Comparison.
By: Pri

aka. D3rawr.com/d for Dummies. :)

1) d3rawr.com/d
2) Click "Profile Import" button on bottom left of screen.
3) Enter in your information
4) Select your champ once the box pops up. And import into profile 1
5) Should give you a message saying "Char successfuly imported" or something to that effect.
6) Hit OK.
7) Your gear should now be viewable on the screen. On the left there are a series of drop-down boxes. In the first box, select tDPS vs Elites. In the second box select EHP.
8) Go to the bottom of the left hand side. You should see something that says "Copy Set" Click it.
9) Copy Set from Profile 1 (you just imported) into Profile 2. This makes an exact copy of your current gear.
10) Once completed, it will say "copied succesfully" or something to that effect.
11) On the left now, go to the section that says "Active Skills". Click in there and select the active skills you wish to be "active" for your comparison i.e. wrath of the beserker, battle rage, etc.
12) Hit calculate. You should see your tdps values jump a bit because of your selected buffs. If you pick war cry, you will see your EHP jump a bit.
13) NOW...scroll down to your mainhand weapon. Select the "Add a ruby" function. Select the ruby you can afford and hit okay. Notice you should be doing all of these changes in "Set 2"
14) Calculate.
15) you should the difference on the left between profile 1 (original set you imported with emerald in mainhand) and profile 2 (updated set with Ruby in main hand). If the ruby has a higher tDPS vs Elite value, then go with it...if not...ruby is not for you.

EDIT: To compare any other gear or simulate any other gear changes, it is the same exact process except change step 13) to "Change whatever you want to see the difference in" i.e. weapon, armor, etc.
Edited by Nived#1902 on 4/3/2013 1:42 AM PDT
Hello part 2! Very fast progress.
hey nived omega here. I have a question about my gear set up. I use a witching hour for it's attack speed and it's CD when I'm running my HOTA as i don't switch out gear between the two set ups. I have a tribal binding but loose dps putting it on. Is the main reason you suggest it in your builds above is for the life steal so that you can maximize with an Ias weapon instead of a lifesteal? If not is this something you would suggest? with my current set up I am about 2.16ish aps, 118k showing dps (embarassed to admit I'm not really sure how to use the popular tdps calculator so shown dps is all i can report), and about 991K ehp. I would like to hit the next breakpoint so hopefully i can be more efficent and am interested in hearing your thought process here. Also any criticism of current gear/ advice on current gear is greatly appreciated. Expecially if you see somewhere i could improve greatly. I am self made/no RMAH so I have a 30-50 mil budget saved up to make changes. Thanks for all you do!
Edited by IAmOmegaRed#1778 on 3/30/2013 12:09 AM PDT
Hey man, Fairly broke cause I just came back to the game, have maybe 7M and the gear im currently using. Add me in game blasph3my#1393, would absolutely love some gearing advice
03/29/2013 11:45 PMPosted by IAmOmegaRed
I have a tribal binding but loose dps putting it on. Is the main reason you suggest it in your builds above is for the life steal so that you can maximize with an Ias weapon instead of a lifesteal? If not is this something you would suggest?

there are 3 different reasons why:
1) the ls. this will allow u to have native cd on both weapons if u elect to use bloodthirst as a passive.
2) 2pc ik
3) the ias from WH isnt necessary when gearing for ww because u can get all the ias u need with just for slots.
with my current set up I am about 2.46ish aps, 118k showing dps

i guessing u have a separate dw set up then. ur profile shows ur skorn. i would have to see wether or not u have an ef, and how much +aps it has in order to give u advice on ias.
03/29/2013 11:45 PMPosted by IAmOmegaRed
Also any criticism of current gear/ advice on current gear is greatly appreciated. Expecially if you see somewhere i could improve greatly.

your rings could u some cd and avg dmg. also, ur vit is a tad low u can either get more vit on ur innas or ice climbers
03/29/2013 11:49 PMPosted by Blasph3my
Hey man, Fairly broke cause I just came back to the game, have maybe 7M and the gear im currently using. Add me in game blasph3my#1393, would absolutely love some gearing advice

you can use the 5m budget set i have posted in the original post as a blueprint to help u build ur set. or you can add me in game and i would be more than happy to help
i have logged out and logged back in with my exact double nado ww set up. sorry for the trouble
hey again niv i chanched some things up since last time kinda thinkin on just sittin on the IK set for a bit till my other parts get relativly geared an all, currently looking at a new ammy with asi crit chance and all resist on it, got one in mind but id lose 50 str and the loh on my current ammy but gain 70 all resist, think its worth it?
03/30/2013 12:25 AMPosted by IAmOmegaRed
i have logged out and logged back in with my exact double nado ww set up. sorry for the trouble

with ur limited budget there is much u can do right now, but when the time comes i highly suggest dropping the wh for ik belt, getting ias on ur gloves, picking up a .24aps ef w/ 900dps+,str,ls,os and a new mh mace with black dmg, 600-1200 dmg range, str,cd,os. however, i would only advise these changed if u are somewhat sold on using ww. no point in making these changes if u hardly gonna be using them. cause with skorn, obviously these changes wouldnt be of any help cause u already have the life steal u need from the skorn.

03/30/2013 06:14 AMPosted by auburn
hey again niv i chanched some things up since last time kinda thinkin on just sittin on the IK set for a bit till my other parts get relativly geared an all, currently looking at a new ammy with asi crit chance and all resist on it, got one in mind but id lose 50 str and the loh on my current ammy but gain 70 all resist, think its worth it?

short answer is no for the ammy. i never advise using ias and cc on an ammy, unless its a trifecta. you would be wasting a big slot used for cd. instead, switch out ur ik for a 9%ias mempo, get 9%ias on ur gloves, drop ur oh ring for a new one w/ avg dmg,str,cc,cd and u will be all set as far as breakpoints are concerned. u only need 33% ias to hit the 2.5 breakpoint with a .25aps ef while wotb is active.
added a few new people to the list of donators
I have about 50 mil for upgrades now but I just don't know where to go from here. ><

any help is appreciated much :D
hi nived. id like to get some advice on my bracers (should i go lacunis or keep these?). also boots, zuni give me 15k dps boost vs 250 strnght ice climbers that give me like 13l dps boost(not considering the gem).
im planning on getting a withcing hour later and maybe a mempo.
how much all res/armor/hp do i need to have decent survivability?
Hi Nived. I am at a gearing stand still I have around 150mil to use and have no idea what to upgrade for the most bang for my buck. I am trying to craft a replacement ammy but my luck is very bad :(.
Thanks for taking your time helping us new to the WW Barb.
Hey Nived,

Wanted to run a few things by you before continuing gearing my barb.

Please note: I'm in the midst of shopping for a pair of lacunis for my barb. It will probably have ~70-80 Str and Vit along with 4.5/5 cc and 8/9 IAS (depending on the breakpoint and my EF)

- I insist on having at least 5.5% LS from my gear so I can avoid using the bloodthirst passive. My IK belt provides me with 2.80% LS and I wanted to get the other component from my weapon. I have 2 maces currently available to me. I could either pair my current MH mace with an EF w/ OS/LS or pair my current OH mace with a OS/CHD EF. Given my position, which do you think would be a better choice.

- Following up on my first point, if I did decide to purchase a CHD/OS EF (which I will be using for my OH), should I focus on a higher dps and mediocore (~55% CHD) or a lower dps one with higher CHD.

- I'm trying to ween myself off of relying on my HF ring to hit the breakpoint; I'm well aware that a SOJ is the best source of true DPS - hoping that I can craft a trifecta str glove sometime in the future in which case I have a 6% cold, 30% elite damage offclass SOJ in my stash.

- Any other advice on improving my tDPS or EHP would be appreciated. Slightly concerned about my EHP because I recently sold some gear on the RMAH and have enough saved up for a 4/4.5 CC Mempo, which would drop my vit by 96. Not sure how that would effect my survivability while doing ubers. (Hoping to craft a similiar ammy with AR or vit and better shoulders but that's all RNG)

- I spent about 1.4b on my setup (the two maces cost me about 850m combined and the rest of my gear about 450m + gems). Obviously, looking to sell one back after getting your feedback. How do you feel I did cost-effectiveness-wise. Also - my rare rings shows up having 58 avg dmg in the AH - is this a glitch or is it the actual avg dmg.

Thanks in advance!

My budget should be in the range of ~500m or so; can easily flip my way to a few hundred extra mil if necessary.
Edited by Venruki#1766 on 3/30/2013 1:50 PM PDT
Hey Nived,

Barb profile right here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Velio-1569/hero/32114315

Trying to see where to go from here. I feel like I overgeared All Res and didn't invest enough into Vit and damage. I'm working on crafting Vit shoulders right now, and an amulet is next. Do those seem like the next logical steps? Or should I be looking somewhere else to make this character not die constantly in MP8-9.
I have about 50 mil for upgrades now but I just don't know where to go from here. ><

any help is appreciated much :D

get an ef with str/ls/os and then drop ur mace for one that has str/cd/os. just out of curiosity, did u by any chance use my budget sets as a blueprint? ur set looks pretty similar. either way good job gearing so far.
hi nived. id like to get some advice on my bracers (should i go lacunis or keep these?). also boots, zuni give me 15k dps boost vs 250 strnght ice climbers that give me like 13l dps boost(not considering the gem).
im planning on getting a withcing hour later and maybe a mempo.
how much all res/armor/hp do i need to have decent survivability?

as for the zunis, im not sure how they fair in terms of tdps vs paper dps. u will need to check that out on d3rawr. cause if they are mainly for paper dps and ice climbers will give u more tdps drop the zunis immediately. imo u should get a mempo now. ur ar is pretty low.. and getting a mempo would fix that issue. keep in mind if u go with a mempo u will need to keep ur ik belt for the 2pc or go with high end ik boots over zunis. also, if u go with mempo consider picking up a skorn with ls
Hi Nived. I am at a gearing stand still I have around 150mil to use and have no idea what to upgrade for the most bang for my buck. I am trying to craft a replacement ammy but my luck is very bad :(.
Thanks for taking your time helping us new to the WW Barb.

you are currently in between breakpoints and have too much ias for using a mace and u also are short 12%ms. an easy fix would be to pick up some innas with at least 150vit and drop both ur rings for avg dmg,str,cc,cd. ur dps would greatly improve. also, considering dropping the ls on ur ef for one with similar dps and cd (a bit pricey tho).

03/30/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Venruki
- I insist on having at least 5.5% LS from my gear so I can avoid using the bloodthirst passive. My IK belt provides me with 2.80% LS and I wanted to get the other component from my weapon. I have 2 maces currently available to me. I could either pair my current MH mace with an EF w/ OS/LS or pair my current OH mace with a OS/CHD EF. Given my position, which do you think would be a better choice.

go with on oh ef with str/ls/os. since most of ur dps comes from ur mh, u want to make sure ur mh has dps stacked on it. ls on ur mh with no cd would hurt your tdps output. to answer ur next question, get an ef with either .24 or .25aps and above 900dps. when u get into the 1000dps range ef start to get pretty expensive.

03/30/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Venruki
- Any other advice on improving my tDPS or EHP would be appreciated. Slightly concerned about my EHP because I recently sold some gear on the RMAH and have enough saved up for a 4/4.5 CC Mempo, which would drop my vit by 96. Not sure how that would effect my survivability while doing ubers. (Hoping to craft a similiar ammy with AR or vit and better shoulders but that's all RNG)

for lower budget a crit mempo is a POS. far too many barbs go with cc mempos way early in the gearing stages and end up regretting it because they couldve took that gold and improved heir overall set. IMO a crit mempo should be the very last upgrade u make. often times a double str mempo will perform similar in tdps to a crit mempo (shout out to Phat). as for ur ehp, get a higher vit ik chest and drop the str from ur inans and go pure vit. you want to stack vit on all the slots it rolls the highest (shoudler,pants,chest), this way u can avoid putting vit on ur rings and helm, like you've done already. at least you're still early in th gearing stages to fix it
Hey Nived,

Barb profile right here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Velio-1569/hero/32114315

Trying to see where to go from here. I feel like I overgeared All Res and didn't invest enough into Vit and damage. I'm working on crafting Vit shoulders right now, and an amulet is next. Do those seem like the next logical steps? Or should I be looking somewhere else to make this character not die constantly in MP8-9.

without a budget its hard to give u a direction to go, but:
1) for ur vit, keep crafting vit shoulders and get a higher vit ik chest.
2) pick up temporary gloves with ias until u can craft trifectas. this will allow u to drop that mh ring. and replace it with avg dmg,str,cc,cd
3) pick up innas and ice climbers (look at my profile for stats). this will allow u to drop that very mediocre trifecta ring and replace it with another ring with avg dmg,str,cc,cd
4) wether u want to keep using an axe or switch to mace, drop that ls form ur axe and put it on ur ef. this will allow u do get more dmg on ur axe. think of ur oh ef as more of a stat stick than anything. a high dps oh ef isnt doing anything special for ur tdps.. it may raise ur paper dps a tad, but it does nothing great for ur tdps, which is what matters
Hey Nived,

without a budget its hard to give u a direction to go, but:
1) for ur vit, keep crafting vit shoulders and get a higher vit ik chest.
2) pick up temporary gloves with ias until u can craft trifectas. this will allow u to drop that mh ring. and replace it with avg dmg,str,cc,cd
3) pick up innas and ice climbers (look at my profile for stats). this will allow u to drop that very mediocre trifecta ring and replace it with another ring with avg dmg,str,cc,cd
4) wether u want to keep using an axe or switch to mace, drop that ls form ur axe and put it on ur ef. this will allow u do get more dmg on ur axe. think of ur oh ef as more of a stat stick than anything. a high dps oh ef isnt doing anything special for ur tdps.. it may raise ur paper dps a tad, but it does nothing great for ur tdps, which is what matters

Sorry about that Nived, I've got about a 200 mil budget to work with. I've been working toward trifecta gloves, and I didn't think the trifecta ring was THAT bad... but hey, what do I know? Thanks for the help!
Sorry about that Nived, I've got about a 200 mil budget to work with. I've been working toward trifecta gloves, and I didn't think the trifecta ring was THAT bad... but hey, what do I know? Thanks for the help!

dont get me wrong the trifecta ring is horrible, but it isnt necessary either. you can stack all the ias u need within 4 slots. and u can replace the ring with a higher dps ring (avg dmg,str,cc,cd). you will be surprised how much dps avg dmg grants. as for the 200m u have, u can either follow through with steps 2 and 3 i listed in my previous post, or u can go with step 4 and improve ur weapons. both will need to be done eventually either way.
Just came back and looking for a bit of advice on how i can upgrade? 1.94 ias, 57.5cc,462cd, 35k hp, 143k dps, approx 400ar , 230 regen, 8% LS, 6400 armor. Not sure what I can do to maximize my dps etc, Ive been farming up to mp7 nps, die occassionally ex. 2packs with bad affixes but in general im fine, just don't kill enough, so I think i want just more dps and keep at LEAST the same survive if not a bit more. Would love any suggestions- couple hundred mill budget.
** all above stats is unbuffed** thought id add that in.
Edited by Angst#1489 on 3/30/2013 2:43 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]