Diablo® III

Nived´s Free Gearing Service (WW Barbs) Pt. 2

04/01/2013 07:36 PMPosted by Nived
Hey could you just give me pointers on my gear here, I feel like I would eventually like to ditch the full IK set and keep only 2 maybe 3 and go for BIS gloves helm and boots.

no budget.. hard to give advice.
1) drop the ik helm for mempo (preferably 9%ias)
2) ik belt with 50vit (minimum)
3) ias on gloves (str,9%ias,9%cc or str,vit,9%ias,9%cc)
4) crit lacunis (preferably with 9%ias)
5) oh ef with either .24aps or .25aps (stats depend on budget, but at least str/os)
6) mh mace with str/cd/os
7) craft str ammys
8) craft vit shoulders
9) repalce ur mh ring with avg dmg,str,cc,cd

1. Have one, want to find a crit one.
2.Will look out for that.
3. Need to craft some. Need more essence.
4. cant afford.
5.Found one with int OS/CD
6.I have low dmg 900 one with those and LS
7.Ive been trying to craft some good ones, no great success yet.
8.Same ^^
9. Ill be looking to roll one of those and not purchase
Thanks for the advice, and the crit from into the fray should be enough to keep permawrath?
Just a question, how many sets do you build on average a day o.o!?
04/01/2013 09:21 PMPosted by grovak
1. Have one, want to find a crit one.

not worth it this early in your stage of gearing
5.Found one with int OS/CD

need str.
6.I have low dmg 900 one with those and LS

need str/cd/os not ls
9. Ill be looking to roll one of those and not purchase

ill keep u in my prayers
the crit from into the fray should be enough to keep permawrath?

theres a couple thing that come into play to permawrath, cc is just one of them. the other main one is ias. u need this to hit higher breakpoints (2.5 minimum). to help with ias, u need an ef with either .24 or .25aps.

04/01/2013 09:22 PMPosted by xxxkan
Just a question, how many sets do you build on average a day o.o!?

Too many.......
woke up this morning with 15 friend requests. Pri has been helping me a lot outside of the game and here on this thread, so it hasnt been too bad.
Too many.......
woke up this morning with 15 friend requests. Pri has been helping me a lot outside of the game and here on this thread, so it hasnt been too bad.

LOL imagine if 10+ people had the same budget... You would be competing with yourself for items.
Hey I heard Nived was the man to come to for advice. I recently took an 8 month break from Diablo 3. I just got my barb to 60 and I am flat broke. I have done research and I am pretty up to date with the uber bosses and all that stuff. Any help on how to farm some money or gear would be much appreciated.

Im at 2.09 atk spd right now and can keep perma wrath in mp5 and higher, and I think i found a combo of gears that work alright but will need to slowly upgrade,but the dps output is prob best suited for mp6 thanks for the input, just need to keep crafting and finding.
gear check please, add me in game, sometimes I get lucky enuff to sell something and might have some gears/gold for your quest to help other barbs. thanks!
04/01/2013 11:26 PMPosted by beastwithin
gear check please, add me in game, sometimes I get lucky enuff to sell something and might have some gears/gold for your quest to help other barbs. thanks!

you barb doesnt have an entire set on, just a few slots
Too many.......

At least 10-15min per set, that's like 3 - 4 hours spent on the AH. Guess this is why most of the old gearers stopped/dropped out. Too many requests. @_@
04/01/2013 11:42 PMPosted by Eclipse
At least 10-15min per set, that's like 3 - 4 hours spent on the AH. Guess this is why most of the old gearers stopped/dropped out. Too many requests. @_@

needless to say, i dont play as much any more lol. been paragon 82 for the past two weeks. just now hit plvl 83
Do you help Hardcore Players? - I just got my Barb to 60 in HC yesterday.

He really could use some love.
Do you help Hardcore Players? - I just got my Barb to 60 in HC yesterday.

He really could use some love.

HC is a totally different ballgame.. i've played hardcore, but i dont nearly know enough as far as ehp requirements are concerned. also, i have no idea about the market so i couldnt make u a budget set. best bet is to post on the HC forums.
Hi guys. I would like to know that for WW barb does need to have high dps wep in OH or not ? I'm thinking about to upgrade new OH but want to make sure that this will benefit to mechanic or not. From what I've seen tornado is based by dmg of MH only. So, if I upgrade to 1k dps OH what kind of benefits to my skills ?
If you have any suggestions on what should I do next I will be appreciate that. Thank you
Hi guys. I would like to know that for WW barb does need to have high dps wep in OH or not ? I'm thinking about to upgrade new OH but want to make sure that this will benefit to mechanic or not. From what I've seen tornado is based by dmg of MH only. So, if I upgrade to 1k dps OH what kind of benefits to my skills ?
If you have any suggestions on what should I do next I will be appreciate that. Thank you

ur current mh is fine and oh seems to be fine to me as well. sure ur oh has low dps but its also has decent str, vit, high cd, and life steal. put those sats on a 900dps weapons and ur looking at upwards of a couple hundred million gold. yes nados are based off ur mh, but oh dps does matter, not as much as mh, but dont totally neglect it. use d3rawr to compare ur tdps with future upgrades. u also might want to see how ur tdps will look with a ruby in ur mh instead of emerald.
Hey Nived what can I do to improve my gear with 100M? Thanks.
04/02/2013 08:34 AMPosted by Nived

Look at getting a barbarian EF soon with STR instead of intelligence. 150ish strength will go a long way in terms of a DPS boost. I'm guessing the EF you have was cheaper than most because it has intel. Not a bad decision for budgeting, but you should look at upgrading that at somepoint.

From a gear perspective you seem to be doing pretty good.

The only real options left for you are to continue to improve your weapons, get better versions of gear you already have, or move to the 2.86 breakpoint.

That last one....yeah...that's a doozy...
04/02/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Pri

Look at getting a barbarian EF soon with STR instead of intelligence. 150ish strength will go a long way in terms of a DPS boost. I'm guessing the EF you have was cheaper than most because it has intel. Not a bad decision for budgeting, but you should look at upgrading that at somepoint.

From a gear perspective you seem to be doing pretty good.

The only real options left for you are to continue to improve your weapons, get better versions of gear you already have, or move to the 2.86 breakpoint.

That last one....yeah...that's a doozy...

Thanks? lol
04/02/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Andisheh

1) get some ias... you have 9% right now, which is not nearly enough.
a - get a mempo
b - get a cheap pair of str/ais/cc gloves until u can craft trifectas
c - drop ur mh ring for avg dmg,str,cc,ias
2) get ar off ur rings. ur setting urself up for one hell of an upgrade path in the future. in order to keep that ar on a better dps ring, you're gonna have to spend a ton.
3) if u go with mempo (which i highly suggest u do), drop the BT chest and pick up an ik chest to keep 2pc
Edited by Nived#1902 on 4/2/2013 9:02 AM PDT
04/02/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Andisheh

Your main area of improvement right now would be to get to the 2.5 breakpoint in both hands when in wrath. Currently only one of your hands is at the 2.23 bp and the other one isn't even that high.

Your current APS in wrath are 2.1456 / 2.2946.

You have a .24 EF so that is a good start. However, because of the fear proc on that EF and the fact that you don't have an SoJ yet...I would move that to your offhand and look for a new main hand weapon (axe/mace with high avg damage, str, socket, cd).

Prior to any of that, you need to start looking for slots where you can put in more attackspeed. You should target 2 slots of 9% IAS and 2 slots of 8% IAS at a minimum. All 9's is obviously great as well. Regardless you need 4 slots total.

The 9/9/8/8 in combination with the .24 ef will make it so you are at 2.5 APS in both hands while in wrath of the beserker which means better fury gen, more damage, and easier maintenance of permawrath.

So where can you get these slots of IAS? Well some options would be a non-crit mempo, crafting gloves with IAS, ammy with IAS, a witching hour belt, and/or lacuni prowlers with IAS. Problem with the mempo is that you will lose your two-set bonus...so you would need to get an IK chest.

Your gear set is also a bit tricky to upgrade because you have elected to go with crafted bracers which do not roll attackspeed.

First decide what pieces you want to get attack speed on. Typically this is accomplished by bracers, pants, gloves, and mempo helm for the easiest slots. This can also be accomplished other ways, but might not be as efficient. Once you make that decision, decide on which two pieces of the IK set you want to keep. For you I would say go with an IK chest and the belt...but once again that is a personal decision.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 4/2/2013 9:08 AM PDT
Hey guys, first post here, but i'd just like some criticism on my barb. Unfortunately i've geared up this entire time (cheaply, at least) before ever reading any of the theorycraft threads, so my gear is most likely unoptimized. My recent goal was ~175k dps but i'd like to gear up right first. I've been playing a 2H WW barb since I just liked the 2H style, and i've been farming mp3-4 alright, but if I need to switch then I suppose we'll find out!

Forgot to mention, budget is around 100 million or more, so there shouldn't be too many problems unless I need a 2 bill Mempo.
Edited by Sneetches#1344 on 4/2/2013 9:16 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]