Diablo® III

Nived´s Free Gearing Service (WW Barbs) Pt. 2

Hi Nived,

I'm looking to get more dps without sacrificing too much ehp. MP 10 is no problem right now with the loh I have but I want to able to do it more efficiently. I know that I will have to lose some of that loh in order to gain dps. Right now I can budget 500 mil for some upgrades. I am willing to swap pieces out and make some big changes if needed. Thanks for your help and all the help you provide to others!
Hey,

I got th 2.82 APS from the character sheet ingame with full buffs including wrath and follower.

and the character sheet says 296k dp buffed fully.

I switched a few things bought a 6/26 Cold soj, and dropped my IAS rings. i am sitting at the 2.52 APS with wrath not sure if this is correct?? and i have switched to OP killing spree permanently seems fine withut warcry.

Any other tips and next upgrade would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by Lessok#1955 on 4/2/2013 9:59 AM PDT
Thx guys for many useful infos. First of all I have to say that my main is Wizard as you can see by my MH and WH. So, I don't want to spend 2b item in barb although it cheesy X). I hope to craft some Trifecta ammy too, but RNG god did'nt bless me after 500 tries... my guess is I should just have new OH and I compare to sword 1050 dps 100str+ 2.8LS 60CD OS then my dps increase 35k. Is that good decision or not ? Is Oh's dps effect to WW ? I'm waiting your confirmation to make the last decision :) Thank you and appreciated in your help.
Hey guys, first post here, but i'd just like some criticism on my barb. Unfortunately i've geared up this entire time (cheaply, at least) before ever reading any of the theorycraft threads, so my gear is most likely unoptimized. My recent goal was ~175k dps but i'd like to gear up right first. I've been playing a 2H WW barb since I just liked the 2H style, and i've been farming mp3-4 alright, but if I need to switch then I suppose we'll find out!

Forgot to mention, budget is around 100 million or more, so there shouldn't be too many problems unless I need a 2 bill Mempo.

get a mh mace and oh ef
This Witch Doctor needs a little direction on gearing his Barbarian for MP10
Hi Nived,

I'm looking to get more dps without sacrificing too much ehp. MP 10 is no problem right now with the loh I have but I want to able to do it more efficiently. I know that I will have to lose some of that loh in order to gain dps. Right now I can budget 500 mil for some upgrades. I am willing to swap pieces out and make some big changes if needed. Thanks for your help and all the help you provide to others!

u need a new oh ef (str/cd/os). ias on an oh ef is pointless and the +.21aps is too low. loh literally doesnt compare to ls after 100k dps, it may help a little (and i mean so small that u wont even notice its gone if u got rid of it), but thats not the reason ur able to farm mp10. once u get a new ef with either .24 or .25aps, then stack ur ias accordingly to hit 2.5 on ur oh.

USE d3rawr.com TO CALCULATE YOUR OWN BREAKPOINTS

04/02/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Lessok
Any other tips and next upgrade would be greatly appreciated.

yea u are hitting 2.5 breakpoint. all u have to do now is slowly get better stats on gear that u have now. mempo 250str, ik belt 250str, innas 150vit, etc.

04/02/2013 09:59 AMPosted by TerranZ
my guess is I should just have new OH and I compare to sword 1050 dps 100str+ 2.8LS 60CD OS then my dps increase 35k. Is that good decision or not ?

i will try my best to dissect this cause i have no clue what i just read. first time around i didnt even notice the int on ur ef.. probably because it shouldnt be there, but i understand u got it from ur wiz. as for the oh.. if u wanna spend the gold on a oh like that by all means go for it, but keep in mind its gonna run u a couple hundred million, and u dont even have a mh with str yet. make sure u check d3rawr to calculate ur tDPS.
Is Oh's dps effect to WW ?

it effects ww, but not sprint/rltw
Edited by Nived#1902 on 4/2/2013 10:44 AM PDT
04/02/2013 10:23 AMPosted by JonkZ
This Witch Doctor needs a little direction on gearing his Barbarian for MP10

need a complete overhaul.. no reason why every socket should have vit gems and u still cant break 1000vit. ur ias is stacked inefficiently. you have the slowest 1-handed weapon in the game for ur oh. low dps ef w/o a socket in ur mh. mediocre trifectas, that would be worthless to have if ias was stacked properly. this would be better if u added me and we went to work on regearing ur set. too much has to be done to explain on a thread. but in order to fix this, you will need a decent budget.
04/02/2013 09:47 AMPosted by Tocean

Figure out where you utlimately want to keep lifesteal. Keeping lifesteal on a mainhand naturally gimps the average damage...but you can stack CD to make up for it. At this point you just need to maximize your build since you are at 2.5. You do have some inefficient stacking of attack speed, but that is to be expected when using IK gloves and crafted necks. Look to improve one piece at a time and try to get a higher average damage main hand. Figure out if you want to go LS EF or cd/os EF and move towards that goal.

I can't tell you how much I hate that EF with IAS...ugh... rework your gear with a .24/.25 EF...it will do wonders for gearing decisions in the long run

04/02/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Lessok
I switched a few things bought a 6/26 Cold soj, and dropped my IAS rings. i am sitting at the 2.52 APS with wrath not sure if this is correct?? and i have switched to OP killing spree permanently seems fine withut warcry.

Yes correct. You are now at 2.5344 / 2.5344 in wrath. Good job! Now maximize CD/CC everywhere else and improve each piece of gear piece by piece. Welcome to the gearing wall! Crit mempo would be your next step.

Your SoJ isn't showing up on profile, but I trust you are using it lol.

my guess is I should just have new OH and I compare to sword 1050 dps 100str+ 2.8LS 60CD OS then my dps increase 35k. Is that good decision or not ? Is Oh's dps effect to WW ?

I am unsure how you are surving with only 2.9 lifesteal. YOu might want to switch unforgiving with BT. Also, the average damage range of your EF is mediocore. You actually are one of the rare candidates where replacing the main hand emerald with a ruby will give you a pretty good tDPS boost. Consider moving to a marquie main hand ruby or getting a higher average damage mainhand EF with Str and CD.

That is not a bad offhand. The OH dps does matter to some extent but not very much. In your case, it is a solid stat stick ,so it wasn't a bad decision.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 4/2/2013 10:43 AM PDT
Thx man. btw I ran mp8 usually and dont have any problems. becoz when I faced tough packs I just swap WH to IK for sustain and the reason why I use unforgiving is I want to have enough fury for the next sprint between packs :). Actually, the only problem is my dps is not enough to farm mp9-10 efficiently. That's why I'm looking to increase in reasonable price. few hundred mills is not problem but I try to avoid for 2b stuff if it isnt worth that much actually.
Then is it better for me to buy new OH that can increase my dps around 35-40k ?
04/02/2013 10:58 AMPosted by TerranZ

mostly all thats going to change is ur paper dps, not ur tDPS.
Edited by Nived#1902 on 4/2/2013 11:08 AM PDT
Thx man. btw I ran mp8 usually and dont have any problems. becoz when I faced tough packs I just swap WH to IK for sustain and the reason why I use unforgiving is I want to have enough fury for the next sprint between packs

You need to get rid of this crutch. If you are going to waste a third passive, it might as well be for a more offensive one like brawler/beserker rage. You should be able to maintain wrath between packs with no problem. Make sure you time when to leave a pack. You leave when they are about to die...not when they are dead. This allows yours tornadoes to continue to tick whilst making you way to the new pack. If you kill all the way and then run...you have already wasted a few seconds of time.

I farm MP9 now pretty easily. I don't know what 30-40 k extra dps would do for you. My current tDPS is approx 2.7mil vs elites. Check d3rawr.com/d If you aren't close to that number with whatever changes you are trying to make, then I would say it isn't worth it.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 4/2/2013 11:09 AM PDT
Hey Nived, what should I work on improving? Thanks. ._.
Can the 2.5M budget set run mp5 easily?
04/02/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Bunshin

Can it run it? Yes. Easily? Maybe depending on skill. Is it efficient? No. That set is probably best suited for farming MP3/4
04/02/2013 11:27 AMPosted by BaconcioCV18

I assume u have an unlimted budget?
1) innas with 150vit (minimum)
2) non-ms ice climbers with 180str/140vit (minimum)
3) lower dps ef with either .24 or .25aps and a socket
4) vit on ik belt
5) higher vit ik chest
6) str and higher cc on lacunis
7) 250str mempo (minimum)
8) craft str ammys
9) get a col dmg soj

04/02/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Bunshin

the set can handle mp10 trash if u knw what ur doing.
a more fitting question would be: Can you permawrath?
as for mp5, it wont be efficient but mp2-3 would
04/02/2013 11:27 AMPosted by BaconcioCV18

Why the loooong face?

In wrath you are currently at 2.3714 / 2.8724 APS.

First thing I would do is dump that EF and get either a .24 or .25 EF and one more slot of attackspeed. This will get you to the 2.5 breakpoint.

Once you hit that breakpoint, stack CD/CC everywhere else.

Also, look at upgrading your chest to a higher vit, your IK belt to one with vit and start thinking about where you want to get your last slot of attack speed. If you want, you can get inna pants. If you want to stick with the lacuni/boots MS then consider getting better rare pants with str/vit/ar and sockets.
I assume u have an unlimted budget?
1) innas with 150vit (minimum)
2) non-ms ice climbers with 180str/140vit (minimum)
3) lower dps ef with either .24 or .25aps and a socket
4) vit on ik belt
5) higher vit ik chest
6) str and higher cc on lacunis
7) 250str mempo (minimum)
8) craft str ammys
9) get a col dmg soj

You need to make this an auto-reply lol. As soon as somebody posts...BAAM!.

DO ALL THE THINGS.

Although I would consider Inna's best in slot, I don't always give people that advice....sometimes it's just better for people to go with rare pants and stack IAS elsewhere even though it isn't BiS because it will make them stronger over all. I guess it just depends on the set i'm looking at.
Hey, i need gear advice for my barb i want to run mp7+ if you can help with fixing my barb thanks
@Pri
without a given budget idk wtf to suggest lol. now if he were to say he has a 100m budget i would suggest what i think is the most important slots for him to improve with that given budget. unfortunately we dont live in a perfect world and im not a psychic, so i give a list of what i think he should work towards, because for me those are all near end game pieces w/o having to spend 5B.
Edited by Nived#1902 on 4/2/2013 12:28 PM PDT
04/02/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Pakya
Hey, i need gear advice for my barb i want to run mp7+ if you can help with fixing my barb thanks

your current ef is a great example of what should be in your off hand, except you would rather have .24 or .25aps instead of the .23 your has. you would then need a new mh mace with 650-1200 dmg range str/cd/os. you would need two more slots of ias in order to hit the 2.5 breakpoint. u can get these two slots of ias with a mempo and innas (150vit). if u go with innas i suggest picking up some vit on ur ice climbers and stacking cd on your unity. also, pick up an ik chest to keep ik 2pc and get some cc lacunis. throw some vit on ur ik belt.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]