Diablo® III

Nived´s Free Gearing Service (WW Barbs) Pt. 2

Hey guys, so i come back with an actual budget today, 100m. After taking both of your advice i switched around a lot of stuff and i feel i can upgrade a bit easier now and for that i thank you. Suggestion on what i can do with the new budget? i can spend some time in game if either of you is on in the next couple hours or so as well if its helpful
Nived why use a IK belt with cleave bonus if your using bash.... I understand 97% of the dmg dealt is from Nado and WW but still it would make those bashes stronger? I have a couple items to donate too
04/02/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Yuyo
Hey guys, so i come back with an actual budget today, 100m. After taking both of your advice i switched around a lot of stuff and i feel i can upgrade a bit easier now and for that i thank you. Suggestion on what i can do with the new budget? i can spend some time in game if either of you is on in the next couple hours or so as well if its helpful

yea just add me for one on one advice

04/02/2013 12:57 PMPosted by tyraelslayer
Nived why use a IK belt with cleave bonus if your using bash.... I understand 97% of the dmg dealt is from Nado and WW but still it would make those bashes stronger? I have a couple items to donate too

i feel like you've answered your own question tbh. i only use bash for the first two seconds of a run, just to get enough fury and thats it.
Step by Step D3rawr Ruby vs Emerald Comparison.

aka. D3rawr.com/d for Dummies. :)

1) d3rawr.com/d
2) Click "Profile Import" button on bottom left of screen.
3) Enter in your information
4) Select your champ once the box pops up. And import into profile 1
5) Should give you a message saying "Char successfuly imported" or something to that effect.
6) Hit OK.
7) Your gear should now be viewable on the screen. On the left there are a series of drop-down boxes. In the first box, select tDPS vs Elites. In the second box select EHP.
8) Go to the bottom of the left hand side. You should see something that says "Copy Set" Click it.
9) Copy Set from Profile 1 (you just imported) into Profile 2. This makes an exact copy of your current gear.
10) Once completed, it will say "copied succesfully" or something to that effect.
11) On the left now, go to the section that says "Active Skills". Click in there and select the active skills you wish to be "active" for your comparison i.e. wrath of the beserker, battle rage, etc.
12) Hit calculate. You should see your tdps values jump a bit because of your selected buffs. If you pick war cry, you will see your EHP jump a bit.
13) NOW...scroll down to your mainhand weapon. Select the "Add a ruby" function. Select the ruby you can afford and hit okay. Notice you should be doing all of these changes in "Set 2"
14) Calculate.
15) you should the difference on the left between profile 1 (original set you imported with emerald in mainhand) and profile 2 (updated set with Ruby in main hand). If the ruby has a higher tDPS vs Elite value, then go with it...if not...ruby is not for you.

EDIT: To compare any other gear or simulate any other gear changes, it is the same exact process except change step 13) to "Change whatever you want to see the difference in" i.e. weapon, armor, etc.

Just in case anyone need this.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 4/2/2013 1:15 PM PDT
@ Professor Pri

Thank you. Would you care to make that into a word document and offer it as a download?
@ Professor Pri

Thank you. Would you care to make that into a word document and offer it as a download?

I made some changes to my gear as you said, now what do? Wondering what weapons I should snag as upgrades.
04/02/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Nived

LMFAO..the troll is strong with you today young padewan.

That MIT comment was too much...I was loling...
nived you noob. the best/easiest barb to play is ww/hota.
04/02/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Dbringer
I made some changes to my gear as you said, now what do? Wondering what weapons I should snag as upgrades.

One quick note. You are currently at 8/8/9/9/8 IAS which puts you inbetween break points. Should have gotten either lacuni's, the Mempo, or the Inna's at 9%...just one of them!! This way you could have ditched the offhand ring for one with high cc and cd instead of IAS. consider doing this when you get a chance at it will give you a pretty big tdps boost.

That hand would actually be perfect for a cc/cd wailing host or unity. After that I would craft shoulders of vitality and look at getting IC's with decent vit and 12% life. If you can get really high str, go for a min of 90 vit on boots. If the strength isn't as high, get more vit.

Not bad on the fixes...keep up the good work.
04/02/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Nived
yea just add me for one on one advice

Did sir ty
04/02/2013 12:57 PMPosted by tyraelslayer
Nived why use a IK belt with cleave bonus if your using bash.... I understand 97% of the dmg dealt is from Nado and WW but still it would make those bashes stronger?

Probably because his current belt provides high str and a good amount of vit. The bash would have been a nice-to-have, but doesn't make or break the belt. If he ever wanted to strive for gear perfection...something tells me he would look to make that change.
Sorry, I'm a little bit confused about your post.. So getting one of my ias items with 9% would have allowed me to drop my rare ring?
04/02/2013 01:16 PMPosted by MadSkilled
nived you noob. the best/easiest barb to play is ww/hota.

would u care to carry me through MP10 ubers bro? I have all the machines too. Please?

04/02/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Dbringer
Sorry, I'm a little bit confused about your post.. So getting one of my ias items with 9% would have allowed me to drop my rare ring?

you need a total of 34%ias on ur gear in order to hit 2.5 with ur oh. u currently have 41%ias. however, if u remove ur ring to stack more cd instead of ias, you will now need one of your slots with 8% to change to 9%.

So, yes. if u want drop the unneeded and excess ias from you oh ring, u will need 1%ias more to maintain 2.5 with ur oh
04/02/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Dbringer

04/02/2013 01:43 PMPosted by Nived
you need a total of 34%ias on ur gear in order to hit 2.5 with ur oh. u currently have 41%ias. however, if u remove ur ring to stack more cd instead of ias, you will now need one of your slots with 8% to change to 9%.

Booyah!

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my post.
Step by Step D3rawr Ruby vs Emerald Comparison.

aka. D3rawr.com/d for Dummies. :)

1) d3rawr.com/d
2) Click "Profile Import" button on bottom left of screen.
3) Enter in your information
4) Select your champ once the box pops up. And import into profile 1
5) Should give you a message saying "Char successfuly imported" or something to that effect.
6) Hit OK.
7) Your gear should now be viewable on the screen. On the left there are a series of drop-down boxes. In the first box, select tDPS vs Elites. In the second box select EHP.
8) Go to the bottom of the left hand side. You should see something that says "Copy Set" Click it.
9) Copy Set from Profile 1 (you just imported) into Profile 2. This makes an exact copy of your current gear.
10) Once completed, it will say "copied succesfully" or something to that effect.
11) On the left now, go to the section that says "Active Skills". Click in there and select the active skills you wish to be "active" for your comparison i.e. wrath of the beserker, battle rage, etc.
12) Hit calculate. You should see your tdps values jump a bit because of your selected buffs. If you pick war cry, you will see your EHP jump a bit.
13) NOW...scroll down to your mainhand weapon. Select the "Add a ruby" function. Select the ruby you can afford and hit okay. Notice you should be doing all of these changes in "Set 2"
14) Calculate.
15) you should the difference on the left between profile 1 (original set you imported with emerald in mainhand) and profile 2 (updated set with Ruby in main hand). If the ruby has a higher tDPS vs Elite value, then go with it...if not...ruby is not for you.

EDIT: To compare any other gear or simulate any other gear changes, it is the same exact process except change step 13) to "Change whatever you want to see the difference in" i.e. weapon, armor, etc.

Just in case anyone need this.

Erhm... if it's just for weapons wouldn't D3rawr.com/c be easier?

Also Sorry I didn't post a budget, ._. Selling something atm, if I add that I'd be sitting at around 400m~ish.

Also idk it matters but i'm using a rend build.
Erhm... if it's just for weapons wouldn't D3rawr.com/c be easier?

Also Sorry I didn't post a budget, ._. Selling something atm, if I add that I'd be sitting at around 400m~ish.

Also idk it matters but i'm using a rend build.

You wanna type out a separate guide for /c? lol...

It's easier just to use d for everything for the most part...
Most people just want to compare a weapon they see in the AH to one the have equipped.
hey guys i been thinkin bout what youve said bout goin innas and ice climbers im only on a 25 mil budget tho lol ifound some ice climbers i could get that would wipe out half the budget, and if i got innas my problem would be low vit and low all res...any thing you see that i could do to help fix that i know my budgets low but any starting points?
04/02/2013 03:07 PMPosted by auburn
hey guys i been thinkin bout what youve said bout goin innas and ice climbers im only on a 25 mil budget tho lol ifound some ice climbers i could get that would wipe out half the budget, and if i got innas my problem would be low vit and low all res...any thing you see that i could do to help fix that i know my budgets low but any starting points?

To be honest, you are at 24 MS and the 2.5 breakpoint which are the real key elements to ww. I would keep farming and get your DPS a bit by focusing on upgrading through crafting. Your neck needs CD and your gloves need CD.

Moving to Inna's/IC combo is definitely great for ww barbs to maximize end game damage. You aren't at end game yet.

Focus on getting some more CD on the craftable pieces (primarily neck and gloves) and continue farming. You might find an upgrade you can use or sell for decent gold. Then you can start considering moving into end-game gear.

Right now focus on milestones. Work to get to 100K, then 150K, or whatever milestones you set for yourself.

You will not magically be able to go from 80K dps to 200K...it just doesn't work like that.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 4/2/2013 3:15 PM PDT
Nived, I feel as though this is as close to what you suggested for me yesterday when I asked. I did not post a budget because I jsut want to do it over time.

These are gears that were cheaper or within my own stash already.
I would just like a few pointers on this.
You did mention
MH ring - str/cc/ias/avgdmg
and the maces should have OS/CD str. - so far this is what i can work with.
also you mentioned my shoulders and hands, again no budget to afford just want pointers to work with in the future/
I think Im heading in the right direction.
Thanks again in advance.
Hey i need some help with my gear, i wanna get the inna's temperance but if i do my All res will be quite low, any idea on what i can change or what i should buy? i have about 200m to upgrade my barb.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]