Diablo® III

Nived´s Free Gearing Service (WW Barbs) Pt. 2

Nived and Pri, Ive been reading your posts and trying to follow along without bugging you, I know I have changes to make and don't really have a budget in mind just something to strive for over time and making sure to move in the right direction, have about 200 mil saved right now, may be able to sell a few items for a little more. I tried to reach the 2.5 breakpoint and should be there now. I know that I will need a new strength mempo, but borrowed this one from my wiz, as well as the extra crafted neck from wiz (Int).

What steps should I be working on next, Helm, vit shoulders, strength ammy, higher dps mainhand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated if you have a minute, and truly the help and advice through this thread is great for a barb that has been away for a while.
Edited by james379#1907 on 4/2/2013 6:24 PM PDT

dude, add me in game.
i have rings that you can have that will easily improve your dps and bring your aps where they need to be.

Ok, added you. Calling it a night for now, I was on the Marvel Heroes beta.
only up certain days for certain period of time.
not bad. still needs polishing.
04/02/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Ragnarok
Hey i need some help with my gear, i wanna get the inna's temperance but if i do my All res will be quite low, any idea on what i can change or what i should buy? i have about 200m to upgrade my barb.

Please put on main gear and log out. can't really critique xp gear.
04/02/2013 06:11 PMPosted by james379
What steps should I be working on next, Helm, vit shoulders, strength ammy, higher dps mainhand?

A little bit of all of that.

You have the concept of the build down. You are definitely in 2.5 in both hands. Your DPS will pretty much now come from stacking CD (which you have done pretty decently) and stacking strength.

I would say your biggest issue is lack of strength. Keep crafting shoulders of vitality until you get a decent AR and higher str roll. You need to move to a str helm. Up to you if you want to move to a high str mempo or wait and upgrade to a crit mempo. You should check out d3rawr.com/d and see what a high str mempo would do for you. Craft ammy's of str. You gloves even need more str.

Although stacking cd, etc is important, str is the base of a barbarians str. Stacking that is very important.
04/02/2013 05:04 PMPosted by grovak
Nived, I feel as though this is as close to what you suggested for me yesterday when I asked. I did not post a budget because I jsut want to do it over time.

uhhhhhh.. change either superstition or bloodthirst to ruthless. neither one of those passives is as important as using ruthless. u need to get away from that ef and get one with either str/cd/os or str/ls/os. if u want to be locked into using bloodthirst as a passive, get an ef with cd, if u would like the pleasure in using superstition, brawler, zerker rage or bloodthirst get an ef with ls. also, make sure u get one with .24 or .25aps. then drop ur mace for one with str/cd/os. you need higher vit on ik chest, vit on innas (150 minimum), craft vit shoulders. i am willing to bet when i first replied to u i said the exact same things.

Hey i need some help with my gear, i wanna get the inna's temperance but if i do my All res will be quite low, any idea on what i can change or what i should buy? i have about 200m to upgrade my barb.

no reason for u to get innas, you already have all the ias u need. just get an oh ef with .24aps+ and str/ls/os. once u do that u will be hitting 2.5 breakpoint in both hands. drop that dreadful leorics. with the new xp scaling, it would be much more beneficial for u to increase ur dps with a ring with avg dmg/st/cc/cd and push higher MPs.
Sorry about that. I changed my gear from xp gear, thought the only thing that's different are the rings.

Also i just got back into the game so i don't know what's a good xp run and item run if someone can point good ones out to me.
Edited by Ragnarok#1654 on 4/2/2013 7:29 PM PDT
Thanks Pri, I appreciate both of your help, reading the thread was a great help in getting started, now I'll work on the specific pieces

{{{{{no reason for u to get innas, you already have all the ias u need. just get an oh ef with .24aps+ and str/ls/os. once u do that u will be hitting 2.5 breakpoint in both hands. drop that dreadful leorics. with the new xp scaling, it would be much more beneficial for u to increase ur dps with a ring with avg dmg/st/cc/cd and push higher MPs.[/quote] }}}}

How much should i spend on the EF? and i'm not sure what the 2.5 thing means

Thanks in advance.
Edited by Ragnarok#1654 on 4/2/2013 7:35 PM PDT
04/02/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Ragnarok
How much should i spend on the EF? and i'm not sure what the 2.5 thing means

an ef with 850dps+ .24-.25aps with str/ls/os should cost around 30m

as for the 2.5 breakpoint, read this in its entirety.
Pho's Thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7923873618?page=1
I quit D3 just two months after release. I came back just a few days ago and hit level 60 on my barb. I followed your advice, Nived, and tried to gear my self out. I still have the pants, chest, and rings left, because I simply ran out of money.

It is really hard to get anything done on my own, since I have no cash and no friends, but I am quietly grinding away. The game is really hard when you are on your own. I hate that.

Anyways how are the items I bought? Can you please tell me what ya think of them? I still need a bit of APS in order to break the next tornado damage bracket.
Edited by JollyJoka#1823 on 4/2/2013 7:50 PM PDT
Does the fear on hit matter?

also can it be .23 aps or does it have to be at least .24?
Edited by Ragnarok#1654 on 4/2/2013 8:27 PM PDT
This Witch Doctor needs a little direction on gearing his Barbarian for MP10

need a complete overhaul.. no reason why every socket should have vit gems and u still cant break 1000vit. ur ias is stacked inefficiently. you have the slowest 1-handed weapon in the game for ur oh. low dps ef w/o a socket in ur mh. mediocre trifectas, that would be worthless to have if ias was stacked properly. this would be better if u added me and we went to work on regearing ur set. too much has to be done to explain on a thread. but in order to fix this, you will need a decent budget.

LOL is it really that bad? I will add you in game.
Edited by JonkZ#1210 on 4/2/2013 9:48 PM PDT
I quit D3 just two months after release. I came back just a few days ago and hit level 60 on my barb. I followed your advice, Nived, and tried to gear my self out. I still have the pants, chest, and rings left, because I simply ran out of money.

It is really hard to get anything done on my own, since I have no cash and no friends, but I am quietly grinding away. The game is really hard when you are on your own. I hate that.

Anyways how are the items I bought? Can you please tell me what ya think of them? I still need a bit of APS in order to break the next tornado damage bracket.

If you have a very limited budget, just aim for the 2.23 APS breakpoint first.

Int Mempo -- skimping = bad (the one on my Male barb only cost 300K buyout). If you only had 50K to spare, you should look at Andariel's Visage. Decent low budget helm, but you do lose the AR/socket. Andy's would have allowed you to get lower crit chance on the ias ring (saving some $$ due to your low budget).

Butcher's Sickle -- very very low DPS. 9xx -1k DPS with Str but no socket are 100K. You may be able to get a better rare Mace that the Sickle at a lower price.

Blackthorne's Surcoat with at least 170 Vit, about 100K.

Do try your luck for a ww barb set @ http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568397050
04/02/2013 07:45 PMPosted by JollyJoka

1) need a str mempo (preferably 9%ias)
2) lacunis with 9%ias
3) vit on shoulders
4) still need BT chest
5) need higher cc on ammy
6) new mh mace with str/cd/os
7) one ring with avg dmg,str,cc,cd
8) one ring with either 6%ias or 7% ias(depending on wether or not u get 9% on mempo and lacunis), avg dmg,str,cc

reason i strees getting the full 9% on lacunis and mempo is because it will make it easier to find a better ring with 6%ias instead of 7%ias.

04/02/2013 07:46 PMPosted by Ragnarok
Does the fear on hit matter?

not as much when ef is in oh
04/02/2013 07:46 PMPosted by Ragnarok
also can it be .23 aps or does it have to be at least .24?

.24aps+
Also, new budget set give away
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568397050

this set will be given away on Wednesday 4/3 at 8pm PST
04/01/2013 11:35 PMPosted by Nived
gear check please, add me in game, sometimes I get lucky enuff to sell something and might have some gears/gold for your quest to help other barbs. thanks!

you barb doesnt have an entire set on, just a few slots

sorry pro, was,playing with dprogress, fixed now and I have my favored gears and skills. I can do mp10 but its a slow grind and dies too much from some bad combinations elites, having problems on soloing ubers too. thanks again :)
Hey Nived! I appreciate the work you put into helping other barbs with gearing advice especially those who are returning from a long lay off. I am a returning barb myself. I am quite confused to what I should replace first with my current gear and what I should keep.

I have about 5M gold and playing WW. My gold fits your 5M budget WW barb, I was wondering what I should prioritize? I don't even know where to start now. Hope you can give me some advice. Thanks man!
Thank you Nived

Couldnt get pass 200k dps for awhile thougth i might need to spend 100's of millions or billions to break that but all i needed was get a unity ring to boost me pass 200k now 211kdps and only spend 70mil. Once again thanks alot
sorry pro, was,playing with dprogress, fixed now and I have my favored gears and skills. I can do mp10 but its a slow grind and dies too much from some bad combinations elites, having problems on soloing ubers too. thanks again :)

your ias is stacked inefficiently, no point in using so many slots to hit the same breakpoint u could with less slots, u could lose 17%ias and still be at the same exact breakpoints for ur mh and oh. your ef has pretty low dps to be viable for mh use. also, i dont like the fact that u stacked ls on ur ef when ur using it as a mh. i realize ur using a WH, so u need ls but mh shoul have native CD no matter what. ur ef also has the lowest possible +aps it can have (.21aps) try to get one with .24 or .25aps and higher dps if u want to keep in mh. or u can get an oh ef with str/ls/os and a new mh mace with 650-1200 dmg range str/cd/os. ur vit would be really low if not for the gems in ur innas and ic. stack more vit on ur innas and especially ur ic. ur main thing is to decide how u want to rearrange ur ias. us d3rawr to calculate ur breakpoints and tdps. if ur unsure how to use d3rawr refer to page 1 of this thread and read Pri's instructions.

i have about 5M gold and playing WW. My gold fits your 5M budget WW barb, I was wondering what I should prioritize? I don't even know where to start now. Hope you can give me some advice. Thanks man!

add me in game and i will help u built and identical set to my 5M budget set
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]