Diablo® III

Nived´s Free Gearing Service (WW Barbs) Pt. 2

Hey Nived!

Thank you very much for your comprehensive work on gearing newer WW/nado barbs!
I recently rerolled from Skorn Rend/HOTA build, and my previous DW gear was ineffective, but your budget set examples helped me alot with building my barb and buying the needed stuff.

I guess now I meet the basic standards of WW build - 2.5 bp, 5.5 ls, 29,5 cc and enough EHP to drop WC/imp for OP/ks.
I did only 1 mp0 a3 run with this build, and it was a blast in speed and smoothness. But I couldnot maintain WOTB due to lack of skill/concentration, and due to mp0 mobs low hp. Ill try mp 4-5 next time and see how it goes..

Could you please look at my barb and tell me what improvements I should aim for?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aleas-1169/hero/1995016

Thank you!
04/03/2013 03:21 AMPosted by Aleas
Could you please look at my barb and tell me what improvements I should aim for?

next cheap upgrades would be:
1) lacunis with cc
2) new mh with native cd
3) ik belt with vit.
Let me knw if u have a larger budget, so i can name a few other things.
Hello Nived, I am a new barb coming from monk and dh, I recently geared him up now sitting at mp8-9, tho I still die to certain monsters, I am quite happy with him . I would like to hear some suggestions from you. I

don't want to ef tho... Fear effect is so annoying.

I want to achieve similar killing speed as my monk.

Budget around 150mil

Thang you in advance.
Really good work Nived.
Weird my profile show's 400+AR but in game without buff's i'm over 500.

Ok my question.
So far I've been only able to do MP6. Tried MP7 but I die alot. What pieces should I be shooting. Which upgrades do I need.

Other items I have in my bank:
inna's 80 St
Blackthourne chest piece 84ST 178Vit
Immortal belt 238St.
Ring about same damage as massc one w/ 36AR, 38PR, Vit.

I've tried using blackthourne chest+ pants for bonus +100Vit and I get a little above 60kHP add immortal belt instead of Witching and I have better survival w/ more life steal and more AR but then my damage is so poor I can't kill any elites

Keep in mind I don't have alot of gold only about 15-40M at any given time. I can farm more but haven't gotten anything worth a dam. Thanks in advance man.
Hello Nived, I am a new barb coming from monk and dh, I recently geared him up now sitting at mp8-9, tho I still die to certain monsters, I am quite happy with him . I would like to hear some suggestions from you. I

don't want to ef tho... Fear effect is so annoying.

I want to achieve similar killing speed as my monk.

Budget around 150mil

Thang you in advance.

if anyone hates the fear that comes with using an ef its me. i highly suggest u get a cheap one for 500k and put it in ur oh. when ef is in ur oh, the fear is pretty much non existent even when ur not using a cold soj. using an ef is such a huge advantage hen gearing for ww, as it allows for less stacking of ias on gear. so i suggest take a couple runs using a cheap ef in ur oh and come back.. if u still dont like the ef, then i will help u gear accordingly. and if u notice that the fear is pretty much unnoticeable, ill help u gear for that as well.

So far I've been only able to do MP6. Tried MP7 but I die alot. What pieces should I be shooting. Which upgrades do I need.

Let me start by saying i absolutely hate skorn in terms of using it for ww specs. anyone u says u can permawrath with a skorn while using ww is full of it. using skorn with ww is fine for high MP trash mob clears, but if u want to do any runs that involve single targets (elites or ubers), you're going to find it skorn is terrible. so my first words of advice would be switch to dw. if u insist on continuing to use skorn you will need to stack even more ias. get innas (high vit) and lacunis. along with innas you are going to want to pick up non-ms ice climbers.

I've tried using blackthourne chest+ pants for bonus +100Vit and I get a little above 60kHP add immortal belt instead of Witching and I have better survival w/ more life steal and more AR but then my damage is so poor I can't kill any elites

this proves my point exactly.. its not the dps loss from using an ik belt, its the loss of ias. u need A LOT in able to make skorn viable for ww.
Ok so I'll sell my skorn and try to find 2 weapons. any idea what kind of weapon i should get on my MH & OH. I assume I will need LS on one of those. + sockets. should i get an echo fury even if it doesn't have a socket for OH.

As far as my gear goes Anything I'm wearing that's bad that I shouldn't be wearing or any gear I can improve on without having to spend over 50M

Also I notice you have a Red gem in you MH socket. Is that better dps?
Edited by RAGE#1374 on 4/3/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Ok so I'll sell my skorn and try to find 2 weapons. any idea what kind of weapon i should get on my MH & OH. I assume I will need LS on one of those. + sockets. should i get an echo fury even if it doesn't have a socket for OH.

High damage non-elemental mace mainhand (str/cd/os) and . .24 or higher EF off hand with LS (if you are keeping wh..non LS if you are using IK belt). Deciding on whether you want to keep wh or not is the most important decision you have to make. It effects all of your other gear slots. If you keep the WH you have to get LS on either the mainhand or offhand EF. Usually getting LS on a MH weapon gimps the average damage range for some reason. I have mine on EF. Personally, getting LS on one weapon is never a bad idea because it basically gives you an extra passive that you can swap at anytime.

Once you get the EF/Mace, you are going to have to reorganize your attack speed. Ideal places to get attack speed would be helm, gloves, bracers, pants (if inna's). If you are keeping the WH then the belt can hold one of those slots.

Personally, I would not keep the WH unless you plan on going to the 2.86 bp eventually. If you are trying to maximize 2.5, stick with the IK belt...your life will be much easier.

Decide where you want to keep your attack speed. For 2.5 breakpoint, keeping it all on your rings is inefficient. Put it else where then stack crazy cc/cd on rings an neck...

POOF! Magic!
Edited by Pri#1584 on 4/3/2013 9:34 AM PDT
i suggest u sell ur skorn first and then put that profit along with ur current budget to get new weapons.
any idea what kind of weapon i should get on my MH & OH.

MH: Mace
1) 650-1200 dmg range ( or as close as u can get with ur budget)
2) str/cd/os
3) you can substitute the str for a higher dmg range and high cd, but with u budget you might have to win through bid rather than overpaying on a buyout.
OH: EF (with these stats below, should cost around 30m on buyout)
1) 850dps+
2) either .24aps or .25aps
3) str/ls/os
04/03/2013 09:20 AMPosted by RAGE
As far as my gear goes Anything I'm wearing that's bad that I shouldn't be wearing or any gear I can improve on without having to spend over 50M

once u get an ef u will need to adjust ur ias a little. you will need 33%ias for a .25aps ef and 34%ias for a .24aps ef, so stack ur ias accordingly. and easy option would be increasing u ias on ur ik gloves and dropping one of ur rings for avg,str,cc,cd or a cold dmg soj.
Also I notice you have a Red gem in you MH socket. Is that better dps?

ruby in mh doesnt always work for everyone. easy way to check is usng d3rawr. refer to the first page and use Pri's step by step instructions to find out which gives ur specific set more tDPS.
Thanks for the help guys
Great info through all these threads. I like the WW/rltw build. But I see around mp6 I need to start doing some weapon changes away from skorn. With my current gear what dw weapons should I go for?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D357r0Y-1620/hero/20320217

Thanks for the help
Great info through all these threads. I like the WW/rltw build. But I see around mp6 I need to start doing some weapon changes away from skorn. With my current gear what dw weapons should I go for?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D357r0Y-1620/hero/20320217

Thanks for the help

Regardless of the weapons, you will have to stack more IAS. I'm not sure I understand your MP6 comment about changing weapons.

Adding Niv in game will be your best option as he can help you retool.
I'm looking for someone to gear my barb with 150m. I'd be willing to pay 10m for the services.

I realize there is a wait but I'm in no hurry :-)
04/03/2013 11:15 AMPosted by D357r0Y
With my current gear what dw weapons should I go for?

MH: Mace
1) 650-1200 dmg range (or as close as u can get with ur budget)
2) str/cd/os
3) you can substitute the str for a higher dmg range and high cd, but with u budget you might have to win through bid rather than overpaying on a buyout.
OH: EF (should cost around 100m for cd or 30m for ls on buyout)
1) 850dps+
2) either .24aps or .25aps
3a) str/cd/os
3b) str/ls/os

You will also need to make some adjustments regarding ur ias. u only have one slots of ias, which is not nearly enough. check out Pho's guide and look under "APS and Breakpoints."
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7923873618?page=1
I'm looking for someone to gear my barb with 150m. I'd be willing to pay 10m for the services.

add me in game id be willing to help u out bro
Thanks a lot for the help!

I got some new weapons what should i upgrade next?

Careful with this one Niv...he's a notorious CM wiz...be careful of him wanting to stack armor and forgo HP pools due to the fact that vitality "falsely buffs EHP values".

lol!

Jellz <3

1) drop mh ring for a cold dmg soj (6/30)
2) higher vit on ik chest
3) cd on unity
decide wether or not u want to have a free passive instead of being locked in with bloodthrist. if u would like to use brawler and zerker rage get an ik belt. ik belt will also improve ur ehp, as ur WH has no ehp stats whatsoever (except a measly 36 phy resist).
4) if u want to switch to ik belt, u will need innas/ice climbers (use mine as a guide for what stats to get)
5) if u wish to stay with WH, get high stat IK boots

If you can squeeze out a few more crit chance on either the neck or lacuni's, I would transition to a Cold SoJ instead of your main hand ring. The IAS on that ring is wasted as it just puts you in between breakpoints.

If you lose that ring now, you will be at 25% crit on gear which might be uncomfortable with fury management with an SoJ.

Get a cold SoJ and try it out...instead of your mainhand ring. If you feel like the fury is inconsitent upgrade your neck/lacuni's for more crit.

P.S. Your vit still sucks. :( Saddens me to see glass barbs. Please craft shoulders of vitality and look at upgrading your IK chest soon with a better one with at least 300+ combined stats (str+vit>300) with emphasis on the vit.
How much is an soj?

and what should be the min vit on the ik chest?
Edited by Ragnarok#1654 on 4/3/2013 12:29 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]