Diablo® III

Nived´s Free Gearing Service (WW Barbs) Pt. 2

Hi Nived,

was also wondering what my next upgrade(s) should be? Haven't really tried farming in mp10 yet, just b/c I am still trying to obtain as much DE's as I can so I get upgrade my amulet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Heya Nived,

If you were given a budget of ~1 billion (can be more or less, I'm flexible), what would be a sweet WW barb build? If you look at my current barb's gear, that's what I had when I quit, and I could do any Inferno act easily enough. I just spun around, all through molten/plagued.

I'd like to replicate that in higher MP games. If you can put together a set, or at least give me enough info to make a set, I'll give you "finder's fee" (in gold) to say thank you for getting me back on my feet :)
Edited by Demo#1212 on 4/3/2013 7:43 PM PDT
Hello Nived,

Was just wondering what my next upgrades ought to be. I've hit 2.5 BP with wotb up, can survive pretty well in a3 mp10, but would like it to go quicker if possible. I've got around 200m to work with. Thank you!

You are in a pretty good spot. Keep crafting shoulders of vitality to get a higher AR roll. You need to boost your damage by getting more CD. Especially on weapons. That high strength roll is great but some CD would be nice. That EF needs a a socket. Gloves need CD. You basically need to keep grinding and slowly getting better versions of gear you have.

One note. Both of your rings have sub-optimal crit chance. Consider dropping the 3.5 one for an SoJ. You will lose CD there, but the SoJ bonus is more valuable. You can wait a bit on the SoJ if you aren't comfortable losing that crit yet. If you do wait...continue to get more optimal rolls of crit chance on at least one ring and bracers.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 4/3/2013 9:44 PM PDT
was also wondering what my next upgrade(s) should be? Haven't really tried farming in mp10 yet, just b/c I am still trying to obtain as much DE's as I can so I get upgrade my amulet.

Any suggestions?

Nice barb. I would keep crafting necks to see if you can get a trifecta. That will give you an option to target the next breakpoint. You are currently at 2.5883 / 2.9503. The next BP for you would be the 2.86/3.33 where you would get a pretty solid DPS boost. If you can squeeze in one more slot of AR you would probably notice the difference. A lot of barbs only go with the five slots of AR but I like having a sixth for ubers (and because I'm terrible). You also aren't getting the IK set bonus which means you have even less AR.

04/03/2013 07:39 PMPosted by Demo
If you were given a budget of ~1 billion (can be more or less, I'm flexible)

Send Niv a friend request in game with your budget...he'll build you a pretty strong set for a bil...
04/03/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Nived
if anyone hates the fear that comes with using an ef its me. i highly suggest u get a cheap one for 500k and put it in ur oh. when ef is in ur oh, the fear is pretty much non existent even when ur not using a cold soj. using an ef is such a huge advantage hen gearing for ww, as it allows for less stacking of ias on gear. so i suggest take a couple runs using a cheap ef in ur oh and come back.. if u still dont like the ef, then i will help u gear accordingly. and if u notice that the fear is pretty much unnoticeable, ill help u gear for that as well.

Hello Nived,

I did have a EF (1117.5, 0.25ias, 160str, 10.5%fear, socket), however during the testing I found that overall the farming speed and paper dps is similar to my current gear, but warrior blood gives better crit damage and bonus elites, and overall experiences seems more fluent to me. I cannot afford a good EF tho.

I am ok with both, would love to hear what you think.
Edited by Bauhaus1919#1616 on 4/4/2013 12:07 AM PDT
Hey guys. im currently kind of stumpted as to what should be my priority for upgrading my barb, and any and all advice would be appreciated (note that I do usually do WW spec but i just have the stupid skills on because its for super fast VOTA DE farming)
I'll bite - evaluate my HC barb please.

Apart from the glaring problem that is my offhand, where to from here?
Ok, here is what I was thinking for my 1b setup, what do you think?

Helm; Crit Mempo or IK Helm (if I use all other IK pieces I get 5 piece, which as I understand isn't like, the best thing in the world, but it's nice until I find some other nice upgrades)
Chest: IK
Gloves: IK (until I find a nice rare or craft one)
Shoulders: Vile Ward
Waist: IK (3 pc bonus, life steal)
Feet: IK (3pc, move speed)/Fire Walkers/Ice Climbers
Bracers: Crit/Str Lacuni (IAS/Move speed)
Ring1: Unity
Ring2: Cold SOJ
Amulet: ?????? Any good uniques?
Weapons: One will be Echoing Fury, no idea on 2nd. Maybe one of the ones I already have? My MH is(was) pretty good.
Edited by Demo#1212 on 4/4/2013 4:27 AM PDT
Hats off to LavaFlow.
This guy is smoking crack.
He hooked me up with some info and a couple extra pieces.
Sadly, 100 ammy crafts, still all garbage. i think I got better wiz/monk stuff sadly from those rolls.
Hi, any advice on how to improve the gear on my barb?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ayrx-1195/hero/32220068

As I am in the process of gradually improving the gear, I am looking to spend around 1-2mil per piece of gear now.

Any tips appreciated. :)
04/04/2013 12:06 AMPosted by Bauhaus1919
I did have a EF (1117.5, 0.25ias, 160str, 10.5%fear, socket), however during the testing I found that overall the farming speed and paper dps is similar to my current gear, but warrior blood gives better crit damage and bonus elites, and overall experiences seems more fluent to me. I cannot afford a good EF tho.

first:
stop looking at paper dps as an accurate way to measure ur dmg output. use d3rawr to calculate ur tdps.
second:
i havent put ur set into d3rawr to calculate which would be better in this specific circumstance (but you can). However, i can guarantee that if u use that ef, and stack the proper amount of ias, your kill times will be a lot faster. also, u would be able to drop 5pc ik. 5pc ik is worthless if u are hitting the 2.5 breakpoint, because u are already regenerating a lot of fury. if anything 5pc ik would hurt you because u wont be able to dump fury.

04/04/2013 12:26 AMPosted by oiTurtlez
Hey guys. im currently kind of stumpted as to what should be my priority for upgrading my barb, and any and all advice would be appreciated (note that I do usually do WW spec but i just have the stupid skills on because its for super fast VOTA DE farming)

i have no problems giving advice, after all thats why i made this thread in the first place, but at some point, you have to stop looking at others to hold ur hand through every upgrade. i've giving u a very good stepping stone thus far, but its up to u to figure out what u need. if u are unsure why i geared you the way i did i highly suggest reading Pho's guide. this game will offer another side of excitement once u knw how to gear properly, and u can make ur own decisions.
Asfor ur gear, drop both of ur rings. the sooner u learn to focus more dps mods rather than placing ar and vit on jewelry the better. puting ar and vit on jewelry cripples ur ability to stack nice dps on ur jewelry, and also runs the price up greatly. stack all the vit and ar u need on other slots. drop the ar from ur mh ring and consider going with a unity with cd, that way u wint lose any of that huge str, u will actually gain 20-30str. drop ur trifecta ring, as u are still 3%ias away from 2.85 and the excess ias isnt helping any. instead use a non barb cold soj with 6% cold/30% e dmg.

04/04/2013 04:05 AMPosted by Demo
Ok, here is what I was thinking for my 1b setup, what do you think?

add me in game.. theres a lot of choices that wont work for a 1b budget. i really wanna go through and explain why some of the pieces u listed wont ork, but its best to talk to me in game for one on one advice.

04/04/2013 06:14 AMPosted by Ayrx
Hi, any advice on how to improve the gear on my barb?

i suggest using my 2.5 or 5m budget sets as a blueprint, they are amazing sets for that cheap of a budget.
Hey back again for a little advice (hope I am not being greedy, just trying to get to the next level)

Just recently switched to 5 piece IK so I can stop losing damn fury, I am on MP10 white killing and blues no yellows unless i can bunch a big group up. Just looking to where I can make the biggest improvement, I can maintain WOTB for an entire 5-6 level clear. Just want to be more efficient HATE EF fear. anyway around that? can I switch MH OH? i know i lose dps from lower DPS main on WW and rend. Thx in advanced, first time around this REALLY helped me alot. I have 150m and prob 300m on gear I can sell. Just wondering my best upgrade options.
Hey I was wondering if I could get a gear check?
04/04/2013 07:35 AMPosted by lostnomad1
Hey back again for a little advice (hope I am not being greedy, just trying to get to the next level)

you should be having no fury problems when u are using a mempo because u would be hitting the 2.5 breakpoint even if u dropped that unity... my guess is that u are just not quite familiar on how to play just yet and ur fury management isnt very good. once u get the hang of i u should be able to permawrath in ur sleep while hitting the 2.5 breakpoint. so drop that ik helm, get a mempo and drop that unity and get an either a cold soj, or since u are just killing trash mobs, get a rare ring with avg dmg,str,cc,cd (NO AR OR VIT!!). also, consider upgrading that ik chest to mroe vit, ur overall vit is slightly low.

04/04/2013 07:36 AMPosted by Life
Hey I was wondering if I could get a gear check?

you are MH 2.5883 / OH 2.9503, which means u are 5%ias over ur oh breakpoint. if u can get new lacunis and innas with 9%ias on each, you will be able to drop ur rare gloves for ik gloves and gain the ik 2pc. why in the world are u using animosity? thats a sure sign that you are either not managing ur fury well, or u just have it there for no reason. you should be having no fury problems whatsoever. change animosity to ruthless. ur vit is somewhat low. get higher vit on ur ice climbers.
Hi nived thanks for taking the gearing contract! Can't wait to spin to win!
Hey thanks nived, fury problem is the start up of fury and fury lose in between mobs and change of levels. I pretty much free up a passive and use brawler instead of unforgiven.
04/04/2013 08:46 AMPosted by JellzRoc
Hi nived thanks for taking the gearing contract! Can't wait to spin to win!

already finished with ur set bro :)
and for 150M its pretty damn beast.

04/04/2013 08:54 AMPosted by lostnomad1
fury problem is the start up of fury and fury lose in between mobs and change of levels.

if you're using ww/rend it might be best to drop OP/KS and switch it to rend and then use bash w/ instigation, just to make it easier to start. as for losing fury in between mobs, dont wait until the mob is completely dead, leave the mobs when they are just about to die and let ur nados do the rest of th work. this will allow u to rgen fury as u run away. also,try ur best to leave each mob while at max fury. do ur spamming of sprint and br while ur in the middle of killing the mob, not towards the end
Hey NIved and Pri.

I made my swaps, and am fairly satisfied with my gear at the moment. Do you see any glaring weaknesses I could remedy? Should have 2-300M again once I unload a few things.

Thanks in advance guys, really appreciate the help.
Sweet if I like barb I might give you another 500-billy to play with :-)
Do you see any glaring weaknesses I could remedy? Should have 2-300M again once I unload a few things.
\
drop unforgiving u should be having no fury problems while at the 2.5 breakpoint
With 200-300m:
1) you can get a higher dps MH
2) oh ef with native cd and socket (this will require bloodthirst as passive)
3) 250 str on ik belt (while maintaining the vit of ur current belt)
4) 250 str on mempo
5) unity with cd to replace ur mh ring
6) craft ammys
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]