Diablo® III

Nived´s Free Gearing Service (WW Barbs) Pt. 2

Hey Nived I just wanted to say that this is awesome for you to do this for the community! Now, I have a friend that im trying to help gear out so he can run with my monk fo paragon levels. this is a link to his profile.. I have a 100m budget that i can use http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kyle-1354/hero/16666643 feel free to add me in game xxnitewolfxx#1699 and i can take the gear for him
Edited by XxNitewolfxX#1699 on 4/9/2013 8:04 AM PDT
Is my resist a little to low to farm MP10 ? Should i drop my chest piece and get immortal Eternal than craft some gloves w/ resist? Only reason I got his chest piece instead of Immortal is because this one was 700k and Good immortals go for 40M. this is what i'm thinking. get immortal, craft gloves then get a ring w/ IAS. I have 40M right now.

Should I hold off for now and keep farming the crappy legendary rolls? Do you see a better upgrade that I'm not seeing for 40M.

Thanks
Looking for any advice. I just got back into the game after a very long absence.

I have about 10 mil to spend after some recent purchases to bring his gear more up to date.

I'm looking mostly to run Keep Tower 2 on progressively harder MP ratings for drops, at least until I have the gear to do other things.

Currently looking for a decent Inna's and BT boots that I can afford.
Edited by Krazed#1192 on 4/9/2013 8:10 AM PDT
Is my resist a little to low to farm MP10 ? Should i drop my chest piece and get immortal Eternal than craft some gloves w/ resist?

You have a little bit less AR than me. I used to have an extra slot and actually dropped one (after talking with Nived). You might find that you are taking bigger hits because your mitigation is a bit low. You should be okay depending on how you play...but you might feel a hair squishy...as I do sometimes.

I would definitely suggest crafting gloves and moving to a IK chest. I wouldn't really look at crafting AR gloves...just better ones. Your current chest has no AR and only 445 armor. You would also gain extra str meaning even more armor. If you are using an IK belt, the best two-piece bonus comes from Chest/belt. Gotta move that IAS to those gloves as well so you don't give up a breakpoint.

04/09/2013 08:02 AMPosted by RAGE
Should I hold off for now and keep farming the crappy legendary rolls?

Lol...way to be positive! Up to you...you definitely need to move to an IK chest at some point.

P.S. You are hurting your DPS by mainhanding an EF with a high fear rate and not using an SoJ. That fear is pretty high regardless of an SoJ...but a Cold SoJ would definitely help.

Looking for any advice. I just got back into the game after a very long absence.

You need a considerable amount of work...

add Nived in game and he'll get to you as soon as he's able. :]

NIVED: TIME FOR PART 3 HOMIE...

25 pages in about a week and 1/2...this might be a new record.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 4/9/2013 8:54 AM PDT
04/08/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Nived
For now it looks like I'm just farming for gold to be able to buy some half decent gear, unless I had more gold lying around than I figured before taking a break.

i highly suggest u just farm gold and DO NOT buy gear, or else youll just be wasting ur gold. save up 2.5m and copy the set i linked, or add me and ill help u build it

I bought a cheap Echoing Fury to help with farming up the money I need. It was only 25k for 980dps, 170ish str .24 aps. Other than that I'm just saving.

The EF has helped improve my kill rate while farming so even if I just vendor it for 3k when I'm done I think it's money well spent.
Thanks Nived, i changed my gear according to your suggestion, can you see if i am missing something or i should upgrade something else.

Thanks for your help and i would like to donate so you can continue helping other people.
04/09/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Pakya
Thanks Nived, i changed my gear according to your suggestion, can you see if i am missing something or i should upgrade something else.

Switch your sword to your offhand broski. Free 10% crit and higher average damage on EF means more damage with tornadoes...and for the love of everything holy...please get a cold SoJ instead of that atrocious hellfire.

Also please read some of the stickied literature on the mainpage. Understand the WW build...don't blindly build into something that someone told you to get. Understand break points, attack speed, and what it takes to upgrade.

You are well on your way to gearing...but the next steps should be up to you.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 4/9/2013 11:37 AM PDT
I'll be making part 3 later on tonight.
Moved on from farming low mps (1 to 3) to mid tier (5 to 7). Started to have difficulties surviving especially in mp 6 and mp 7 - specifically elites with molten and/or fire chains are causing some grief.

I think the key weak points for my barbs may be life and all resists. I recently removed an amulet that provided 16% as well as a ring that provided 140 vitality. Attempted to offset drop off by switching ice climbers and immortal king chest to higher vitality.

Wondering whether my current stats are sufficient to farm mp6 and 7 comfortable - at least in theory. It may just be bad positioning in game.

Did an MP 6 uber run with two monk mates (70k dps each) and had tons of issues dealing with the SK/Magna combo. Found myself getting nuked by Magna's flies and SK's swing attack... Too used to the ranged kiting of DH :P
Sorry for the double post: HP is currently showing as 57K but I am positive in game it is 50K. Not sure where the extra 7K from
04/09/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Generalhan
I think the key weak points for my barbs may be life and all resists

Your All Res should be fine for the MP you are in. Your problem is that you have terrible crit chance for a non-soj user.

Get rid of that necklace and please get something with CC/CD. If you get that you can drop warcry: charge (I have no idea why you are using this rune if survivability is an issue. Use Impunity at least...and even that is not advisable.)

YOu should have no problem generating fury if you crit chance is right. Your's is on the low side. I don't even recommend below 28% with an SoJ...your's is 25.5 without it.

You have 5 slots of AR which should be plenty. It could be a learn to play issue. Also when magdha shields, you aren't generating fury or getting LS returns on her. You have to focus here minions to ensure you are getting the proper returns.
Uh oh
I think I know what happened..... i was crafting amulets of strength and looks like it switched out and got vendored - lol

Well that was a simple and very stupid thing to do.

No worries - I should have picked that up earlier. Will get that amulet changed big time post work.

Keen to work an better positioning too :) Thanks Pri
Hi man, I'm looking for advice on how to gear my barb. I've a 800m budget, and I play WW.
It seems I can't take the right decision on what to improve, what to change and it's driving me crazy. I want a good advice to make good use of the gold I have.

Edit: I've uploaded my profile for a better look: http://d3up.com/b/499795
Edited by nawedm#1425 on 4/9/2013 2:27 PM PDT
Hey, looking for some advice;

Currently I'm sitting at 2.1m tDPS buffed with OP:KS, WoTB, BR. 2.52m with Bash.
Looking for some advice on how to continue gearing my barb. His eHP is kind of low at 580k, which seems unusual considering I have 58k hp and 450-500 AR.

Note: I'm working on buying an IK Chest with 180str/24x vit. Also, looking to buy a better pair of gloves while I keep crafting.
Edited by Venruki#1766 on 4/9/2013 8:12 PM PDT
Could use some help, I feel like my AR is too low. Im dying far too quickly on MP5, and I feel like I shouldn't be.
Well I'm no expert but your AR does seem low, about 420ish from equipment?? Unless I missed something.

Also It seems your life steal might be too low as well. I know my Life on hit really helps me.

I would try to get some LoH and up your AR a bit, also maybe up your armor a little too.
04/09/2013 02:18 PMPosted by nawedm
Hi man, I'm looking for advice on how to gear my barb. I've a 800m budget, and I play WW.

it would be best if u added me in game and i helped u make ur set from scratch.

04/09/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Venruki
Hey, looking for some advice;

your overall set up is pretty nice. work on getting that ik chest u mentioned. as for the rest, u will need a lot of gold to start upgrading each individual slot. and tbh your gloves are perfectly fine for now, just keep trying to craft an upgrade. you should play around with d3rawr and see how a high dps ef (1200+) does for ur tdps accompanied by an oh stat stick dagger or sword. time to start referring to d3rawr for any and all upgrades. u have the general idea of what ur doing, i dont think u need any advice tbh.
Hey i sent you a friend request add me when you get the chance too!
04/09/2013 09:57 PMPosted by Will
Hey i sent you a friend request add me when you get the chance too!

03/29/2013 11:20 PMPosted by Nived
MAKE SURE YOU ARE LEVEL 60
I got Storm to put together a 50mil set for me which is very effective.

I now have 20mil for upgrades. I am toying with either crafting shoulders or gloves and hope for better rolls compared to my current one.

Is this a good idea or is there a better place for my gold right now?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]