Diablo® III

Nived´s Free Gearing Service (WW Barbs) Pt. 2

hi Nived. first of all, i would like to thank you for making this awesome guide. i am following your 60m budget guide. this helped me jump my dps from a low 100k to 180k, however my hp hurt a lot. i might have overlooked it and now its really low. im not sure which item should i drop and replace (or simply replace some gem?) pls advice me on what i should drop and what i should replace it with. i am kinda low on budget now around 10m is left from what i have. thanks again and more power!

note: what are the next upgrades i should take once i get the other gears needed like the pants. i need something to inspire me to keep grinding. haha

tbh ur set is pretty much the opposite of the 60m set i built. also, ur spec is like nothing i've ever seen before. the sets i build are exclusively for ww, and they may be able to translate onto hota, but im sure a better set could be made to better fit hota. i dont knw how to gear for the skills ur currently using. check out this link for more information on builds and such http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7591980848

03/31/2013 12:07 AMPosted by joemama
hey nived can you help me with a 1 bil price tag build?

sure add me in game bro
1. When you say "...IMO as a WW barb the most important aspect of having a well geared set is hitting the 2.5 breakpoint..." you mean 2.5 aps, with both weapons, during WOTB ?

Yes.

03/31/2013 12:08 AMPosted by zerothehero
2. Why do you recommend using 2 maces ? Suppose I want to use EF in my Main hand and a mighty weapon in my off hand (just because I like mighty weapons). Am I in disadvantage here ?

No. As long as you use a mace or axe in mainhand you are fine. Off hand is a personal choice. The reason maces are suggested is due them typically rolling very high average damage. Also the APS for both weapons will be exactly the same when a rare mace is paired with an EF. This way you don't have to worry about which hand you swung your weapon with last to know how many ticks your tornadoes will do.
1. When you say "...IMO as a WW barb the most important aspect of having a well geared set is hitting the 2.5 breakpoint..." you mean 2.5 aps, with both weapons, during WOTB ?

yes
03/31/2013 12:08 AMPosted by zerothehero
2. Why do you recommend using 2 maces ? Suppose I want to use EF in my Main hand and a mighty weapon in my off hand (just because I like mighty weapons). Am I in disadvantage here ?

i only recommend using a mace when ur using an ef in ur oh. if ur using an ef in ur mh i would suggest using a sword or dagger
@Pri
i seriously LOL when i see our answers are exactly the same.. ur too quick tho
@Pri
i seriously LOL when i see our answers are exactly the same.. ur too quick tho

Ninja.
Thanks for the answers and advice, guys.
hi Nived. first of all, i would like to thank you for making this awesome guide. i am following your 60m budget guide. this helped me jump my dps from a low 100k to 180k, however my hp hurt a lot. i might have overlooked it and now its really low. im not sure which item should i drop and replace (or simply replace some gem?) pls advice me on what i should drop and what i should replace it with. i am kinda low on budget now around 10m is left from what i have. thanks again and more power!

note: what are the next upgrades i should take once i get the other gears needed like the pants. i need something to inspire me to keep grinding. haha

tbh ur set is pretty much the opposite of the 60m set i built. also, ur spec is like nothing i've ever seen before. the sets i build are exclusively for ww, and they may be able to translate onto hota, but im sure a better set could be made to better fit hota. i dont knw how to gear for the skills ur currently using. check out this link for more information on builds and such http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7591980848

03/31/2013 12:07 AMPosted by joemama
hey nived can you help me with a 1 bil price tag build?

sure add me in game bro

lol. that was not what i expected but thanks for the advice and i will look into improving my budget and make some tweaks. but so far what i followed from your build works just fine. im still experimenting on those skills and im trying hard to improve them.
03/31/2013 12:21 AMPosted by Man4Rent
lol. that was not what i expected but thanks for the advice and i will look into improving my budget and make some tweaks. but so far what i followed from your build works just fine. im still experimenting on those skills and im trying hard to improve them.

words can easily be misconstrued via text, so please understand im not trying to be an !@#$%^-.

i honestly dont knw what u expected to hear in terms of advice. unless ur profile isnt updated, your set literally looks nothing like the 60m set i made. u have 2 slots of ias and are using a bunch of different gear i wouldn't even recommend. please elaborate on what u learned from the 60m set i have on display.

words can easily be misconstrued via text, so please understand im not trying to be an !@#$%^-.

i honestly dont knw what u expected to hear in terms of advice. unless ur profile isnt updated, your set literally looks nothing like the 60m set i made. u have 2 slots of ias and are using a bunch of different gear i wouldn't even recommend. please elaborate on what u learned from the 60m set i have on display.

sorry i didnt mean you sound rude at all. in fact i have complete respect for the work you have done here. as i said im still a newbie and im learning from what i read. i try to change the skills i use from time to time to suit my play style. (experimenting) so my profile did not get updated. what i basically did was follow (some) of your equipment choice which worked in terms of upping my dps but lowered my hp. so thats what happened so far. haha

my profile (specifically skills) is not like the one you have on since im trying some things. but i have the exact skills you have.
what i have followed from your 60m profile are the following (might not be the exact ones due to budget):
weapons
helm
amulet
boots
1 ring

the rest are my loots. so i recycled them til i get some gold and some newer loots to sell.
Edited by Man4Rent#1187 on 3/31/2013 12:49 AM PDT
YEP...THATS WHAT I PAID..IVE HAD IT A WHILE SO I GUESS THANK YOU.LOL...

ANYTHING I CAN DO I FIX IT...MAYBE 1H WITH
ATTACK SPEED?
my profile (specifically skills) is not like the one you have on since im trying some things. but i have the exact skills you have.
what i have followed from your 60m profile are the following (might not be the exact ones due to budget):
weapons
helm
amulet
boots
1 ring

oh alright well that make more sense. also, i have a lot of respect for people, such as yourself, who want to go off and try their own combination of skills to make a build thats suit them even if its not necessarily considered to be the best. for ur limited budget.. the easiest way to improve ur vit would be to start crafting vit shoulders. other slots that need more vit are ur ik chest and ice climbers bur they would be a bit more pricey.

YEP...THATS WHAT I PAID..IVE HAD IT A WHILE SO I GUESS THANK YOU.LOL...

ANYTHING I CAN DO I FIX IT...MAYBE 1H WITH
ATTACK SPEED?

it all depends on wether or not u want to use hota or ww. if uw ant to go with ww.. id be more than happy to give u a hand. however, if u want to go with hota.. i am not the best to seek advice from. i would be better off creating ur own thread in order to get the advice u need.
Great work Nived, Pri. The Barb community has some great guys like Phat, RagingKoala, etc giving out very good advice, there are so many threads asking for help/information on the ww build that I suppose it takes up alot of you guys' time.

Awesome job again, and I am learning alot just by reading on all your comments, thanks!
Edited by Daytona#6689 on 3/31/2013 2:39 AM PDT
Hey Nived

Finally moved over from DH/CM wizard to try out a new class and settled on WW barbs. I saw your 5 million budget build and attempted to build similar to that set. Do you think you can take some time to have a look through the gear and see where adjustments can be made? (currently hold 20 million gold)

Glad there are services around like this that can help out new players :)

Thanks for your time
Just wanted to toss out a thank you to Nived. He took the time to look through my gear and answer questions yesterday in game. I ended up with good advice and a much stronger and more balanced character. Thanks again Nived.
Hey Nived

I recently hit 60 and purchased some gear for my barb and can effeciently farm mp7-8. Looking to push it a bit farther though, possibly with more upgrades. Using ww build, Im just a bit lost which weapon should go in mh, and if I should change/upgrade weapons. I throw on a decent skorn sometimes and it seems to go quite well with that also. Any advice or guidance from you would be very helpful.
Hey Nived,

Sorry I couldn't catch up with you last night. Hopefully we can meet up today or tomorrow. Post when you're online and ill see if I can hop on!

Thanks again in advance.
03/31/2013 02:38 AMPosted by Daytona
Awesome job again, and I am learning alot just by reading on all your comments, thanks!

No problemo, thanks for the compliments! Stay tuned! :D

03/31/2013 03:24 AMPosted by Generalhan
Do you think you can take some time to have a look through the gear and see where adjustments can be made? (currently hold 20 million gold)

Not a bad attempt, but you missed the key ingredient of the entire 5M build! The echoing fury! The idea behind the EF is that it allows you to hit the 2.5 break point. I would drop the off hand dagger and get a .25 EF so that you can hit your break point. You have elected to go with 8/8/8/9 in attack speed slots so .25 is now required. Any less and you won't hit your 2.5 breakpoint (as you aren't right now). Other than that that is good start to a barb. If you can find a way to squeeze out about 2% more of crit, your fury gen will be a lot easier. As it stand not bad. For future reference, when stacking attack speed, always stack two slots of 8 and two slots of 9 at a min. All 9's is obviously the best, but 8/8/9/9 allows for a .24 EF instead of a mandatory .25 like you now have to look for.

03/31/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Buudha
Using ww build, Im just a bit lost which weapon should go in mh, and if I should change/upgrade weapons. I throw on a decent skorn sometimes and it seems to go quite well with that also. Any advice or guidance from you would be very helpful.

Skorn seems like a good idea, but is only very powerful in large groups. Maintaining fury on single targets is always a big issue with Skorn users that aren't superbly geared. If you like the ww build, I would stick with dual weilding only because it's easier to hit break points and maintain fury on single targets. That being said, you have somewhat inefficiently stacked attack speed. You have stacked 8/8/8/9/6. This means you have IAS that is wasted. If you can upgrade one of your 8% slots to 9%, you will be in a better place. I would look at getting a Mempo with 9% Ias instead of 8 and maybe the same with the inna's if you can afford it. Only because it will allow you to restat some of your other gear. The target you should aim for is 8/8/9/9 and a .24 or higher EF.

Also, please get rid of that sword. :( The average damage range of the mainhand weapon determines the tdps of the tornadoes you are dropping. The average damage range of that main hand sword is horribad. Get a rare 1.2 attackspeed mace with str/cd/os. Most CD and str you can afford with the highest DPS you can afford. Your damage will skyrocket.
Hey guys, I was having a good time doing Cota runs on mp10 with a Skorn, but want to get back to normal playing.

This is the spare stuff I have in my stash, and i currently have 7.5mil to work with.
http://i.imgur.com/jQtpQ3A.jpg

What are my best options currently?
03/31/2013 10:59 AMPosted by TheGlow
Hey guys, I was having a good time doing Cota runs on mp10 with a Skorn, but want to get back to normal playing.

Please define "normal" playing lol...
03/31/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Pri

Please define "normal" playing lol...

Probably meant doing alkalizer runs lol
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]