Diablo® III

Nived´s Free Gearing Service (WW Barbs) Pt. 2

03/31/2013 07:21 PMPosted by auburn
so just to be sure can i sacrifice the crit dmg on my gloves? gettin a beast trifecta kinda would break the bank lol

Temporarily yes. Higher strenth IAS/CC gloves would do you much better than those. The average stat rolls on those gloves hurt you more then help.
03/31/2013 07:21 PMPosted by auburn
so just to be sure can i sacrifice the crit dmg on my gloves? gettin a beast trifecta kinda would break the bank lol

yes getting higher str gloves and 9%ias would be better but u would still be 1%ias short because ur mempo.

03/31/2013 07:27 PMPosted by Lessok
Hey I have 40m no idea what breakpoint i am at or what to buy next?? or new set of goals to reach??

you're not using ww. you are using hota. no breakpoints involved
sorry for confusion i am a WW barb was just using Hota (trying it)

Build has been changed and i have been told opting for cold Soj 25+ elite dmg and a Strength/CC/CD ring start there?

i alternate between Warcry/OP/Rend

should i just stay with OP?

Buffed i am at 2.82 APS, 46k HP, 296k DPS (paper) 66% crit 6500Armor 500AR.
i alternate between Warcry/OP/Rend

should i just stay with OP?

You should find a way to stick with OP. If you can squeeze in one more slot of AR, you probably wouldn't feel the need to switch to Warcry at all. Also craft shoulders of vitality and ditch the shoulders of strength. You'll get better average combined stat rolls and help your EHP at the same time.

I'm not sure how you are at 2.82 (didn't check in d3rawr myself) but you are at 9/9/9/8 with a .24 echo. If anything you should be like at 2.6 at the most.

Also I don't see the 296K dps you are speaking of. I currently see 168K in your profile. What am I missing?
so im sitting at 2.5 aps after putting on mempos and a super cheap trifecta hands that i got with 6% ias for 2150 gold :) so practically free. bought those cause d3rawr said i needed 14 more ias not 16, dropped a bit of vit on them but the new chest with high vit i got makes up for it.

What still puzzles me though, i hit the new breakpoints, and rawr only showed me going from 498k dps to 507k.

Oh and another quick thing, should i be crafting vit shoulders too? it was suggested by someone elsewhere but with the +life roll on the vile wards i have now, wouldnt it be hard to really top it? unless obvioulsy i got a +life roll on those
Edited by Yuyo#1786 on 3/31/2013 9:17 PM PDT
03/31/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Yuyo
What still puzzles me though, i hit the new breakpoints, and rawr only showed me going from 498k dps to 507k.

Didn't you have 3 pieces of IK? Get an IK belt to complete your set first of all to get the free 60 AR.

You changed quite a few pieces. The best thing to do is to simulate one piece at a time.

Your DPS probably stayed similar because you gave up too much strength from your old chest piece. Str = damage as well. If you swap out mulitple pieces at once, you are going to have a hard time tracking upward progress. Right now as it stands, you no longer have the IK set bonus and you are forgoing a free 60AR.

You can't give up stats to get new ones. I don't remember ever saying anything about your chest.
so im sitting at 2.5 aps after putting on mempos and a super cheap trifecta hands that i got with 6% ias for 2150 gold :) so practically free. bought those cause d3rawr said i needed 14 more ias not 16, dropped a bit of vit on them but the new chest with high vit i got makes up for it.

its because ur crit dmg is insanely low. now that ur hitting ur breakpoints, u can start to stack cd, but keep in mind the current gear u have now is less than optimal and u couldve geared a little better with ur budget in order to stack ias,cc,cd equally. you havent named u budget so its hard to help u out

EDIT: btw Pri is 100% right. i was only looking at ur gear from a dps stand point
Edited by Nived#1902 on 3/31/2013 9:28 PM PDT
i apologize, im talking to you and a barb i played for a bit over the last few days, he had suggested i get a better chest cause my health was so low, the chesk i just got put me at 7k plus health and i only lost 65 str for it, the 3 set iron kings is crap and im as we speak trying to get an ik belt. should i be thinking about crit/CD rings? at least the MH one?

and budget btw is nonexistant, have about 1.5mil and i cant seem to make much on this game for some reason lol
Edited by Yuyo#1786 on 3/31/2013 9:30 PM PDT
should i be thinking about crit/CD rings? at least the MH one?

Yes.
changed a ring and got an ik belt for the 60 allres and im at 526k dps now
Heya,

Question about weapons.

Currently shopping for a new mainhand. Got around 30-40ish million to spend.

As a general guideline, is raw weapon damage(damage range), strength or CD most important? IE is 100 str going to be better then ~150 weapon dps?

Just looking for basics so I know what to start looking for within my budget without having to stick everything into d3rawr :) I'll be plugging stuff in once I get a better idea of what I'm looking for, but the weapons vary so widely within my budget based on what I look for.

After that, I'd guess my goal would be first to get better Inna's pants.

I'm running into a problem after that, however. I know that Ideally, I'd drop the IAS on my neck for a higher CC/CD neck, and then drop my gloves for CC/IAS gloves and then pick up CC/CD ring instead of my CC/IAS ring (I think, not sure I can drop the IAS ring though and keep my BP).

The problem I'm having is my resists are adaquate for where I'm at, but dropping my gloves would cost me 70 AR that I wouldn't know where I'd be able to make it up short of picking up AR Lacuni which would be hugely expensive.

Any suggestions?
Edited by Glowerss#1879 on 3/31/2013 10:23 PM PDT
03/31/2013 10:22 PMPosted by Glowerss
As a general guideline, is raw weapon damage(damage range), strength or CD most important? IE is 100 str going to be better then ~150 weapon dps?

IMO it is only fine to drop str all together from ur mh if u can get one with high dmg range and high cd (see my mh). otherwise, its best to have str/cd/os. with a 30-40m budget i dont see u being able to purchase a really high dmg range mh with high cd (above 70-80%). every once in awhile there are a few that pop up with 1100dps for under 30m.

I'm running into a problem after that, however. I know that Ideally, I'd drop the IAS on my neck for a higher CC/CD neck, and then drop my gloves for CC/IAS gloves and then pick up CC/CD ring instead of my CC/IAS ring (I think, not sure I can drop the IAS ring though and keep my BP).

u dont need the ias at all from ur ammy right now. u are fully capable of hitting ur BP w/o it. its just a matter of making up the huge amount of str and vit u would lose had u gotten rid of it.

The problem I'm having is my resists are adaquate for where I'm at, but dropping my gloves would cost me 70 AR that I wouldn't know where I'd be able to make it up short of picking up AR Lacuni which would be hugely expensive.

you can buy cheap str/ar/9%ias/9%cc gloves on the ah.. i dont think they should cost over 10m. or drop unforgiving because u should be having no fury problems at all while hitting the 2.5bp. you should be able to permawrath in ur sleep. an easy fix would be getting gloves with high str/9%ias/9%cc and switch unforgiving to superstition.
Its Monday and a new budget set giveaway has started.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8518482551#1
would love some advice on what i can use to get ahead. how does your 2.5mil budget set survive with so little LS?
03/31/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Delsorbo
would love some advice on what i can use to get ahead. how does your 2.5mil budget set survive with so little LS?

6% life steal is plenty for that set.. hes not gonna be farming mp10 anytime soon.
Hey I'm looking for someone who knows their stuff to look over my barb and let me know how I'm doing. Came back from a long period of not playing to see all the recent changes and threw my barb together in about 4-5 days for about 30m. He seems to handle MP10 KD2 with the only trouble being the exploding guys.

http://d3up.com/b/468988
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Envy-1508/hero/163231

Suggestions on what gear to go for next are appreciated.
Hey I'm looking for someone who knows their stuff to look over my barb and let me know how I'm doing. Came back from a long period of not playing to see all the recent changes and threw my barb together in about 4-5 days for about 30m. He seems to handle MP10 KD2 with the only trouble being the exploding guys.

http://d3up.com/b/468988
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Envy-1508/hero/163231

Suggestions on what gear to go for next are appreciated.

farming MP10 has to be painfully slow. "No its not that bad actually..." Yes, it is. Even when ur only farming trash mobs i imagine it takes u awhile. ur dps is heavily inflated because u are using a skorn. i dont recommend using skorn with ww, but many people have chosen to do so and been able to get away with it because MP10 trash mobs make it easier for u to permawrath with such low attack speed. however, once u hit a single target (elite or ubers), you will never be in wrath. if u plan on just farming paragon levels then stick with skorn, but if u want to continue to use ww and actually improve, i suggest switching to dw. using ww with a skorn is only viable if u have ias on nearly every slot, which is very expensive.

Now as for ur current gear...
1) get a mempo
2) get an ik chest
3) get ias on ur gloves
4) 150vit on innas (minimum)
5) higher vit on ice climbers
And if u want to stay with skorn...
6) get avg dmg,str,ias,cc on both ur unity and oh ring
7) ls skorn
8) drop ik belt and pick up a WH
03/31/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Nived

6% life steal is plenty for that set.. hes not gonna be farming mp10 anytime soon.

maybe the set in that link changed? i only see LS on the belt.

2.5M Budget Set
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BigBaws-1320/hero/8262726
http://d3up.com/b/437746
04/01/2013 12:39 AMPosted by Delsorbo
maybe the set in that link changed? i only see LS on the belt.

bloodthirst
Thanks for the advice Nivv!

Aside from getting higher vit Innas pants, where do you reckon I should head next then?

Crafting a CC/CD ammy and then going for CC/AS gloves? After I grab a MH I'm guessing my budget is going to be pretty low.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]