2) get an ik chest
3) get ias on ur gloves
4) 150vit on innas (minimum)
5) higher vit on ice climbers
And if u want to stay with skorn...
6) get avg dmg,str,ias,cc on both ur unity and oh ring
7) ls skorn
8) drop ik belt and pick up a WH

Thanks, I figured that was the direction I needed to go and I went with Skorn because it was the cheapest way to get very high damage. You're quite right about the single target weakness of my build but I think you're playing up how hard it is to clear MP10 KD2 trash. I do the run in 2-3 mins tops and if I wanted to worry about single target I'd be HotA.
Edited by Envy#1508 on 4/1/2013 1:00 AM PDT
well idk what ur budget is right now but...

04/01/2013 12:47 AMPosted by Glowerss
Aside from getting higher vit Innas pants, where do you reckon I should head next then?

eventually ur gonna want to add more vit to ur ice climbers as well. and also get a 250str+ mempo.

04/01/2013 12:47 AMPosted by Glowerss
Crafting a CC/CD ammy and then going for CC/AS gloves?

yup.. but i would suggest getting innas and ice climbers first to make up for the vit lose ur gonna take.
04/01/2013 12:59 AMPosted by Envy
if I wanted to worry about single target I'd be HotA.

idk about the way u farm cause everyone else is different, but even though the drops in this game are trash, i enjoy doing some of my modified alkaizer runs now and again. this involves killing elites and hoping to get some legendaries. if i tried to do this run with ww and a skorn i would be SOL. which is why, if u refer back to my original post i said "if u plan on just farming paragon levels then stick with skorn."

idk about the way u farm cause everyone else is different, but even though the drops in this game are trash, i enjoy doing some of my modified alkaizer runs now and again. this involves killing elites and hoping to get some legendaries. if i tried to do this run with ww and a skorn i would be SOL. which is why, if u refer back to my original post i said "if u plan on just farming paragon levels then stick with skorn."

Oh absolutely, I kill some elites (depends on the mob type/mods, I ignore !@#$ that runs away from me/waller) as well as sometimes branch out to other "alkaizer zones" and it really isn't much trouble. I think you're underestimating how much damage rend does with a bigass 2h. I'm spending 3-4 seconds per trash pack and 20-25 per elite pack. Single target is really terrible though so if there is just one elite left standing it can be a real problem. I'll usually try and drag those into another mob pack if there are any left.
Edited by Envy#1508 on 4/1/2013 6:25 AM PDT
04/01/2013 01:55 AMPosted by Envy
I think you're underestimating how much damage rend does with a bigass 2h.

im not talking about dmg output.. im talking about this:

04/01/2013 01:55 AMPosted by Envy
Single target is really terrible though so if there is just one elite left standing it can be a real problem. I'll usually try and drag those into another mob pack if there are any left.

thats why skorn is trash for ww. this game is all about efficiency.. if u need to go out of ur way to make something work, its not efficient. again thats just my opinion tho.
No I get you, for single target dual wield is undeniably better. I don't really go out of my way though; most of the elite packs all die at once because all my damage is AoE, and those that don't either wind up chasing me to the next pack and dying or parked and ignored. Can it get much more efficient than that for the price I paid? Basically I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying that on a budget WW/Rend with a Skorn seems hard to beat. Am I wrong in that assumption? MP10 for ~30m seems like a hell of a bargain, could I have a comparable DW set for that price?

Either way I'm broke now so this'll have to do until my next good drop.
Hey Nived,

Im on all day today. Please let me know if you have time to help me out!
i wouldnt mind another look through either when you get the chance, i changed a few pieces but not sure i can get much crit damage without going into the big bucks. been trying overpower over warcry( all res)and i havent been dying a lot, stick with it?
04/01/2013 06:37 AMPosted by Yuyo
i wouldnt mind another look through either when you get the chance, i changed a few pieces but not sure i can get much crit damage without going into the big bucks. been trying overpower over warcry( all res)and i havent been dying a lot, stick with it?

I don't know what to tell you at this point. Your gearing bothers me lol.

You have inefficiently stacked IAS and barely are hitting the 2.5 mark with an axe and an EF that has IAS on it! You have basically pigeonholed yourself into using that weapon set to hit 2.5.

Here is the bottom line. Get two slots of 8% IAS, 2 slots of 9% IAS. Get a main hand mace that has high average damge, crit, str and socket. If you can't afford this, get high average damage, crit damage, and socket. Get a .24 EF min with str and open socket. No IAS or any gimmicky crap on it. Just a straight str .24 EF with socket if you can afford it..if not just get one with CD on it NOT ias. Craft shoulders of Vitality until you get high vit/ar/str and hopefully a bonus stat. But prioritize shoulders that have high vit and ar.

You've come asking for help in this topic a few times now, and all of your "changes" have kept you at the same dps and even worse health stats. I think you are listening to too many people give you too much random advice. Ask here or ask your friend...taking the advice of both just makes it hard for those giving advice...
Hey Nived,

Im on all day today. Please let me know if you have time to help me out!

whats your budget if it is around 3m or 5m trying following one of the budget sets i made.. if its round 60 try to follow the 60m budget set ive made. reason i say this is because although i have no problem helping u, all i am going to do is shown in those budget sets, so the less time i spend on sets around those budgets, the better. but if ur budget isnt within those ranges, ill be sure to get to u today.

04/01/2013 06:37 AMPosted by Yuyo

you are 10%ias away from the 2.5bp. also, idk if u intentionally got ias on that ef but ias isnt necessary for an oh. wouldve been better off getting an oh ef with a socket to help solve ur lack of cd. define "not dying a lot" if ur dying more than once per run, thats too much. try using overpower with crushing advance if this is the case.

EDIT: also, what Pri said...
04/01/2013 06:57 AMPosted by Pri
Craft shoulders of Vitality until you get high
Edited by Nived#1902 on 4/1/2013 7:13 AM PDT
Aside from getting higher vit Innas pants, where do you reckon I should head next then?

Crafting a CC/CD ammy and then going for CC/AS gloves? After I grab a MH I'm guessing my budget is going to be pretty low.

Definitely ammy first. You need CC/CD in that slot as IAS is inefficient there unless going for the highest breakpoint. And even then it's not recommended to do so without a trifecta neck.

As for your gloves, you have decided to use that as a primary AR slot. So every pair of gloves going forward will need to have that stat prioritized as well as cc/cd/ias. This will either be very expensive for you or you will have to be extremely lucky at crafting in the long run. I would try to move that AR slot elsewhere If I were you. It isn't required, but it might make gearing easier for you. Maybe when you upgrade your lacuni's you can go AR lacuni's? Just something to be thinking about.

Also rather than using unforgiving, consider using superstition for fury gen instead. It gives you mitigation and fury generation so you won't notice that you are a little shy on AR when encountering elite packs.
150m is my budget. Would love your help :)
i am currently auction stalking for a good mempo.. looking for str > 230, res all > 75 and with socket... seems theyre all pretty expensive... should i spend the extra 30-40 mil on the mempo to get 260 str?
04/01/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Tenora
i am currently auction stalking for a good mempo.. looking for str > 230, res all > 75 and with socket... seems theyre all pretty expensive... should i spend the extra 30-40 mil on the mempo to get 260 str?

Extremely high strength mempo's give the same dps functionality as lower strength crit mempos and are still way cheaper than a crit mempo.

A high strength Mempo is not a bad holding space for a crit mempo IF you have cash to spare and don't really need any other critical upgrades.

In your case, you are probably going to have to buy more than one piece to get your gear to a pretty solid place. I would save the extra gold on the high str mempo for now as you will need that extra gold for weapons and other gear.

Wait for Nived to work with you. I wouldn't spend all of that gold on one piece until Niv gets a hold of your set and see's how to improve.
Thanks Pri!

I saw a high str memp come on sale for a comparatively cheap price (25 mil) so i picked it up.

I will now wait for Nived :)
Nived and Pri, you both do an amazing job helping the barb community.

As for my gear, I realize I've made a few mistakes while gearing. Namely having an extra slot of IAS (ammy puts me at 9/9/9/9/8), axe instead of mace for MH, and too much LS Between my jumbled schedule over the next few days, I'm going to try to swap out my MH for a mace with comparable stats (similar item DPS but higher damage range), and swap out my ammy for a crit/cd/str/avg dam ammy. For the ammy, should I absolutely get 10cc, or is it not a huge deal to drop to 9.5 if it makes it more feasible to hit 80-90+ CD?

For LS, I have 3 slots with it already. If I drop it from my MH, I am going to feel locked into the IK belt. If I manage to keep the LS when I swap to mace, could I swap from IK to WH to drop IAS from my ring, or is there a better slot to get IAS so I can drop it from my ring?

If I do keep the IK belt, would it be a good idea to swap to ice climbers or Zuni trail? Or should I keep IK boots and swap out IK gloves?

I'm planning to burn through about 100 DE's this weekend crafting vit shoulders, hoping for that str/vit/ar/life% combo.

It seems to me as if I have a lot of paths to take, and I'm not really sure which to take right now, any help would be greatly appreciated. My build is likely not current, was changing some things up while running with a friend last night. I am going to try swapping out unforgiving for superstition.

Posting from my phone, so sorry for any typos or anything.

Thanks in advance guys.
Forgot to post my budget, looking at roughly 2-300m before selling the axe or ammy.
Hi Nived and Pri! Can you give my profile a quick look and let me know your thoughts on a couple of obvious improvements to make? I have about 50m to spend, and I'm not sure where to invest most wisely. Thanks for helping everyone out, you guys rock!!!!!

Edit: To save you doing the math, I just hit the 2.5/2.5 breakpoint with my current gear.
Edited by Gerrod#1379 on 4/1/2013 8:37 AM PDT
04/01/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Tiens
For the ammy, should I absolutely get 10cc, or is it not a huge deal to drop to 9.5 if it makes it more feasible to hit 80-90+ CD?

I would not sacrifice too much CD for .5 cc. If you can get a fairly high one with 10cc than cheers...but something tells me this is not an easy task. Your weakest crit slot right now is your lacuni's. Considering they roll up to six and you have three. Getting 10cc on your neck would be great, but improving your lacuni's to at least 5 would ease your crit burden on other gear.

04/01/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Tiens
If I manage to keep the LS when I swap to mace, could I swap from IK to WH to drop IAS from my ring, or is there a better slot to get IAS so I can drop it from my ring?

This is a personal decision. I can't really answer this for you, but I can give you some base information that might help you make a decision.

When to go for witching hour?
(a) Don't mind using a blood thirst passive as you will pretty much have to. Getting lifesteal on a main hand weapon typically limits the average damage range. Getting all high rolls is not only rare, but will cost a billion gold minimum.
(b) ultimately plan on going for the 2.86 breakpoint.
(c) You don't mind overpaying for gloves to complete you IK set bonus...or not getting the bonus at all and spending a s-ton on AR gloves. Either way...this isn't cheap.

When to go for IK belt?
(a) Have the option to use a BT passive to maximize crit damage on weapons but aren't forced to use bt passive. If you ultimately want to have passive flexibility, this is clearly the best choice.
(b) Free AR. All resist rolls natively on this belt and is an option on witching hour which is a lot pricier. Also vit is amuch more affordable on IK belts than it is on WH when combined with AR.
(c) Very easy to complete the IK set with belt and chest. Chest is definitely BiS.
(d) No interest in hitting 2.86 BP with EF/Mace combo.

If I do keep the IK belt, would it be a good idea to swap to ice climbers or Zuni trail? Or should I keep IK boots and swap out IK gloves?

There is a reason that zuni's don't have a barbarian set bonus lol..they aren't really meant for barbs. That being said, it doesn't mean you shouldn't use them. I will never recommend zuni boots over IC's. IC's provide very strong mitigation where as Zuni's are DPS boots. I prefer the mitigation. If you can get the necessary mitigation in other slots then it could be a possibility but not one i would personally recommend.

I would never recommend going with IK gloves as they are damn pricey to upgrade. If you ultimately want to reach 2.86 w/ an SoJ and a mace/ef combo...you HAVE to have the WH which means you would have to get IK gloves to complete your set...or live with no IK set bonus.

The WH/IK belt decision is the key ingredient to gearing a barb and effects nearly every slot for all of the reasons you have mentioned.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 4/1/2013 8:40 AM PDT
So I am in a rut as of late. I have been getting the advice to upgrade my rings, ammy, and bracers. But I am not sure what I should be looking for to upgrade me on them, and I only have a budget slightly under 1bil, which I know is not that much nowadays anymore.

I have been trying hard to get my dps higher, (I am at 260K unbuffed, and want to get to 300K), but it seems the only way to do that is to sacrifice more vitality which I am already pretty low at.

Any advice or help is appreciated, because I am stuck on what to get to push me over this plateau I have reached. Also, I did not know that you guys needed donor gear, and I happen to have an amulet that no one seems to be buying that I could donate, its not a bad one for a starter barb.
Edited by Comrade#1158 on 4/1/2013 8:48 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]