Diablo® III

Nived´s Free Gearing Service (WW Barbs) Pt. 2

So I am in a rut as of late. I have been getting the advice to upgrade my rings, ammy, and bracers. But I am not sure what I should be looking for to upgrade me on them, and I only have a budget slightly under 1bil, which I know is not that much nowadays anymore.

I have been trying hard to get my dps higher, (I am at 260K unbuffed, and want to get to 300K), but it seems the only way to do that is to sacrifice more vitality which I am already pretty low at.

Any advice or help is appreciated, because I am stuck on what to get to push me over this plateau I have reached. Also, I did not know that you guys needed donor gear, and I happen to have an amulet that no one seems to be buying that I could donate, its not a bad one for a starter barb.

One glaring issue I see with your set up is the inefficient stacking of attack speed. The primary reason you needed to do this is because you skimped on the EF. You need to get rid of that thing and get a .24 or if you can a .25 EF to save you some IAS stacking. As it stands, you are forgoing a lot of crit damage (offhand ring) and crit chance (mainhand ring) which is very inefficient.

And you are at 260K with no SoJ which I would never recommend. You should really consider an SoJ in one ring slot even as it is truly the biggest tDPS gain you can get from any piece of jewelry in the game.

I can tell you have made a lot of bad gearing decision based upon this paper DPS you are chasing. Go to d3rawr.com/d and import your profile. You will see your tDPS vs Elites value on the left hand side. THIS is truly the only measure of in-game performance you should be tracking. Do yourself a favor and leave paper DPS on the shelf.

First things first. Upgrade your EF to one with .24 or more APS, crit damage, socket and str.

IMPORTANT EDIT: You have to decide where you are going to get your slot of Lifesteal. Putting on a mainhand weapon will only gimp the average damage which inturn will effect your tDPS. Consider an offhand LS EF. You will forgo a slot of CD but might be able to make it up on your mainhand. The other Option is a str/cc/cd high damage mainhand EF with an offhand dagger stat stick...but that would definitely require a cold Stone of Jordan.

Then come back and we'll see what we can do to maximize your damage and EHP (health) potential.

P.S. The amount of vit and ar you have stacked on your rings is scary. Please start crafting shoulders of vitality immediately so we can use those slots as DPS slots and not health slots.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 4/1/2013 9:02 AM PDT
thanks Pri for taking over i've been building sets in game, so its awesome while i do that ur handling the thread
Pri, assuming I keep the IK belt, move to ice climbers, and IK chest.

This lets me move away from LS on MH and bump up the damage range. What would you recommend for pants, since I would be losing out on BT set 100 vit. Just try to find a super high vit roll on BT pants, or should I look for another option?

The lacunis I had found on my wiz, and haven't even looked at them for a month probably. Thanks for the reminder to upgrade them.

When I eventually look to upgrade iK gloves, rare trifecta (with ar if budget allows) is the way to go? And if I stick with IK belt, I will be locked into IAS on my ring for now, or do I have another option?

Thanks so much for the help, Pri, and breaking down the IK/WH for me.
well ive bought an EF, while not a high dps one it already improved my dps slightly. Also got some attackspeed gloves to start getting the 9/9/8/8. im still missing a slot of attackspeed like you mentioned. where do you think that would be the best place to get it?

I do again thank you for your help, i know at this point im kinda bothering :). With my budget being so low and like you said the pigeonholing i did with my gear, i dont mind dropping in dps what i must to have the correct stats in the right places. i just to be able to upgrade more efficiently.

Edit: Oh and im trying to craft some of those vit shoulders, did a few but got crap rolls, im down to 500k now so i wont be upgrading anything crazy right away, just wanted to make sure you didnt have anything else you wanted me to change before i go broke on these shoulders.
Edited by Yuyo#1786 on 4/1/2013 10:03 AM PDT
[quote]
One glaring issue I see with your set up is the inefficient stacking of attack speed. The primary reason you needed to do this is because you skimped on the EF. You need to get rid of that thing and get a .24 or if you can a .25 EF to save you some IAS stacking. As it stands, you are forgoing a lot of crit damage (offhand ring) and crit chance (mainhand ring) which is very inefficient.

And you are at 260K with no SoJ which I would never recommend. You should really consider an SoJ in one ring slot even as it is truly the biggest tDPS gain you can get from any piece of jewelry in the game.

I can tell you have made a lot of bad gearing decision based upon this paper DPS you are chasing. Go to d3rawr.com/d and import your profile. You will see your tDPS vs Elites value on the left hand side. THIS is truly the only measure of in-game performance you should be tracking. Do yourself a favor and leave paper DPS on the shelf.

First things first. Upgrade your EF to one with .24 or more APS, crit damage, socket and str.

IMPORTANT EDIT: You have to decide where you are going to get your slot of Lifesteal. Putting on a mainhand weapon will only gimp the average damage which inturn will effect your tDPS. Consider an offhand LS EF. You will forgo a slot of CD but might be able to make it up on your mainhand. The other Option is a str/cc/cd high damage mainhand EF with an offhand dagger stat stick...but that would definitely require a cold Stone of Jordan.

Then come back and we'll see what we can do to maximize your damage and EHP (health) potential.

P.S. The amount of vit and ar you have stacked on your rings is scary. Please start crafting shoulders of vitality immediately so we can use those slots as DPS slots and not health slots.

Thank you so much, this was exactly what I needed to hear. Just imported my profile to d3rawr and this is what came up with no buffs, just passives. I see what you mean. Honestly, I wish I could just sell my crap gear, and give you the money to buy the gear for me lol.
vs. Elite:
tDPS: 973593
BES: 3548847
Life regained by LS: 10320 HP per second
Life regained total: 10320 HP per second
1% LS: 670 LoH
1000 LoH: 1.49% LS

Also I had to laugh on you P.S. I never even realized how unbalanced I was. All it took was a very insightful outside opinion. Thank you very much, I'll post back when I can find myself some upgrades to see how I'm doing.
What would you recommend for pants, since I would be losing out on BT set 100 vit. Just try to find a super high vit roll on BT pants, or should I look for another option?

go with innas with 150vit (minimum), this will allow u to use high stat non-ms ice climbers. and also allow u to drop ur ring. if u drop ur ring look for something with 40 avg dmg, 70str+,30cd,4.5cc.

04/01/2013 09:58 AMPosted by Tiens
When I eventually look to upgrade iK gloves, rare trifecta (with ar if budget allows) is the way to go?

i suggest crafting until u get trifectas that have the ias necessary for u to hit ur breakpoints and also have a good cc roll.

04/01/2013 09:58 AMPosted by Tiens
And if I stick with IK belt, I will be locked into IAS on my ring for now, or do I have another option?

nope go with innas.
04/01/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Yuyo
im still missing a slot of attackspeed like you mentioned. where do you think that would be the best place to get it?

ring (avg dmg,str,cc,ias)
Edited by Nived#1902 on 4/1/2013 10:16 AM PDT
I'll look into the innas pants then. Thanks much Nived.
Edited by Tiens#1855 on 4/1/2013 10:16 AM PDT
04/01/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Nived
thanks Pri for taking over i've been building sets in game, so its awesome while i do that ur handling the thread

Should call it "Nived's and Pri's Barbarian hamsters Thread" LOL.

No problem homie. Glad I can help.
Thanks Nived. bought the best ring i could, im at 2.5 now again. Im back to pretty much the same Dps i started out with yesterday but i can already see how much easier a few pieces can be upgraded. i However now have barely funds to repair so i wont be bothering you guys for a bit. /walks away ashamed
03/31/2013 12:11 PMPosted by TheGlow

Please define "normal" playing lol...

Normal, being anything NOT cota runs.
It was fun, but 20 paragon lvls later, I'm a little tired of that.
I swapped the depth diggers for those Inna's and swapped my oculus ring for the unity and did an act1 key run, mp5. Was fairly easy, so stepped to 6. 1 death to odd fight. tried mp7, and did ok there. Biggest prob seems to be the floor, like the treant's dumb gas clouds. those always hurt bad, but with -2 pieces of All Res gear, I guess thats to be expected.
So yes, what would be recommended, and in which order, to try doing key runs, alkaizer, etc.
Slight adjustment, turns out I only have 7.1 mil.

So any suggestions? I switched out the oculus for Unity and Depth Diggers for the Inna's to hit the breakpoint and I was able to do much better. Although I noticed mp7 was much rougher.
The occasional elite, or molten/plague was hurting me a lot more, I'm guessing from the hit I took in All res.
http://i.imgur.com/jQtpQ3A.jpg
I forgot, i do have a trifecta gloves, but thats it, just those 3 stats. I don't recall how high/low.
But which pieces should I start looking to improve first?
im still missing a slot of attackspeed like you mentioned. where do you think that would be the best place to get it?

As it stands, you are NOT missing IAS anymore. Feel free to stack crit chance and crit damage in all remaining slots. You have achieved the 2.5 breakpoint.

Consider getting a better mainhand weapon with higher average damage range. A mace would be great here. See if you can get one with CD/high damage and socket. If you can, add in str (as much as you can afford).

I do again thank you for your help, i know at this point im kinda bothering :

Don't get me wrong. The questions are not what is annoying (well kinda lol)...but seeking advice from multiple different locations and changing multiple pieces of gear at once. This is the more annoying piece as it is impossible to give sound advice to a moving target.

just wanted to make sure you didnt have anything else you wanted me to change before i go broke on these shoulders.

Nope, you are at 2.5 in both hands. Feel free to go broke on shoulders. :)
04/01/2013 10:32 AMPosted by TheGlow
So any suggestions?

Arrrh...you are at 2.46 in your mainhand in wrath which is uncomfortably close for me. I never trust the rounding in games like this. Tbh I am not sure if you are hitting the 2.5 breakpoint...i'm actually leaning towars the fact that you aren't.

In order to hit 2.5 in both hands, you need 9/9/8/8 IAS. You have 9/7/8/7 which is exactly 3% shy. Work on this first.

Also your all res is low. Part of the reason for this is in your IK set selection.

You seem to be very reluctant to let go of IK 5. This will be a problem in terms of gearing as you currently have extremely sub-par IK rolls: No AR on helm, no vit on belt, no vit/ar on gloves (since they aren't trifecta). If you are keen on keeping these pieces, look at upgrading each to better versions.

At this point you have no choice to either go non crit mempo which will take the one 9% slot burden away from your ring OR AR IK helm which are ridiculously expensive.

I can't really give you any more advice if you are electing to stay with IK set. You need to find a way to get about 150 more AR and as it stands the Helm has to be one of those slots.
Edited by Pri#1584 on 4/1/2013 10:56 AM PDT
Hi Nived and Pri,

I just recently started playing again, and just hit 60 a couple of days ago. I was wondering if you might be able to take a quick look at my gear and offer some suggestions in what pieces to focus on upgrading first. I've been reading through quite a few of the other posts and it's been a lot of information to pull together. I found I've been relying completely on paper dps to make my gear choices, so have made mostly poor choices. I'm not looking for a step by step guide on what gear to buy (besides, you guys have written those in other places), but rather just some pointers for which gear to focus on upgrading first.

Thanks so much for your time, it's much appreciated!
04/01/2013 11:12 AMPosted by grumpkin
I'm not looking for a step by step guide on what gear to buy (besides, you guys have written those in other places), but rather just some pointers for which gear to focus on upgrading first.

What's your budget?

You really need a bit of an overhaul. Your biggest issue is the low vit, low crit chance, and inefficiently stacked IAS.

Message Niv in game with your budget. This project is best suited for one-on-one attention as opposed to a couple of comments on your gear.
Thanks Pri!

I'll message him as soon as I get home. I appreciate the comments. I thought I was doing ok being able to do mp 2-3 without too much trouble.. that was until I started reading about build / gear choices on the forums and realized how inadequately I had understood how the WW build works and how to gear for it. My budget is 7mil at the moment... its all I've managed to make so far. But its fun to have something to build towards.
Edited by grumpkin#1654 on 4/1/2013 11:41 AM PDT
04/01/2013 11:38 AMPosted by grumpkin
My budget is 7mil at the moment...

Niv has a 5 mil set that isn't to shabby on the first page of this guide. You can easily get a decent set by working with him.
Niv has a 5 mil set that isn't to shabby on the first page of this guide. You can easily get a decent set by working with him.

Thanks, I have been taking a look at it. I'm going to use that as a blueprint for how to build out a set, and contact him in game for pointers. You guys are awesome.
Hey Nived! I just hit 60 on my new barb and im looking to switch over to it instead of my demon hunter. Im looking for some advice on building a DT/WW set on about a 60mil budget. Any help is much appreciated, thank you! :D
hey Nived, was wondering how the weapon search was going, also last night you were telling me i want an EF for offhand, whats the difference between it being OH or MH?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]