Diablo® III

Scorpion Runs Getting Nerfed in 1.0.8

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1bjorz/developer_journal_multiplayer_improvements/

^ Apparently Scorpions are getting their exp reduced by 75% in 1.0.8. So anyone planning to ezmode powerlevel to P100 might want to do the runs now. Though I'm sure new super fast routes will emerge with the new mob density.

This is IMO the easiest version of a Scorpion Run build, for anyone that wants to use it. I was able to remove a couple pieces of gear and still do MP10 scorp runs without issues using it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGV28i8FboY
Reply Quote
View profile
Get at dem scorps while their HOT!

EDIT: What you can deduce is that even though they are increasing mob density outside of Act 3 it will not be as dense/efficient as Arreate Crater scorps since they are nerfing thier exp.

I miss the mass slaughtering that went on in the cow level....
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 4/3/2013 4:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
well they never said how the are going to fix monster density wouldn't put it past them to remove monsters from kd 2 a place them throughout the act
Reply Quote
Mouldran is such a smart man, blizzard constantly listens to his insight. They should just hire him as a freelancer.
Reply Quote
150m xp/hr * 0.75 = 112.5m xp/hr ... which is still more than you can get TRing MP0-1.

So scorps will still be #1 post-nerf? :P

Babas will all move to KD2 .. but monks can't do MP10 KD2 with 50m gear like baba's can so we are still stuck yes?
Reply Quote
View profile
150m xp/hr * 0.75 = 112.5m xp/hr ... which is still more than you can get TRing MP0-1.

So scorps will still be #1 post-nerf? :P

Babas will all move to KD2 .. but monks can't do MP10 KD2 with 50m gear like baba's can so we are still stuck yes?

Druin is it reduced to 75% or reduced by 75% making it 25%? If so that would be 150m xp/hr * 0.25 = 37.5m xp/hr...almost nothing =/
Reply Quote

Druin is it reduced to 75% or reduced by 75% making it 25%? If so that would be 150m xp/hr * 0.25 = 37.5m xp/hr...almost nothing =/

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

Gotcha.

Peace out MP10 Scorps!

I hear some guy wrote a really great guide about getting high xp/hr in Act3 MP0? I might check that out! ;)
Reply Quote
View profile

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

Gotcha.

Peace out MP10 Scorps!

I hear some guy wrote a really great guide about getting high xp/hr in Act3 MP0? I might check that out! ;)

I could be wrong but yes that sounds drastic. I guess they dont want us torturing the poor scrops anymore.
Reply Quote
was it speedforce???

edit yea I am pretty sure its reduced by 75%
Edited by baggins#6187 on 4/3/2013 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
For shame...

With all the efficiency and math posts here I figured we (Monks) were better than this :/

Scorpion = 8 characters
Crawler = 7 characters (MORE efficient to type!)

That's not even mentioning the fact that their ACTUAL name ingame is also crawler lol XD

¯\(º_o)/¯
Reply Quote
Scorp = 5 characters
Crawl = 5 characters but is significantly harder to type (try it)

Scorp wins!

Furthermore, plural of Scorp is Scorps, works; plural of Crawl is Crawls which is almost a word. Fail.

Scorp winzzzz!!!111
Reply Quote
View profile
Scorps sound menacing....crawlers sound derelict...
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 4/3/2013 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I think people just like the phallic association the image of a scorpion brings into their subconscious more.

¯\(º_o)/¯
Reply Quote
Crawler sounds Zerg..
Scorpion sounds Mortal Kombat.
com'on. >;D
Reply Quote
who is this Angelthirst noob doesn't even play d3 ;)
Reply Quote
View profile
Oh people still farm xp these days?! =p
Reply Quote
View profile
04/03/2013 12:34 PMPosted by MrNastyTime

Only in HC my friend...only in HC =)
Reply Quote
View profile

It's overrated! I'm considering swapping back out the exp gem for an amethyst to be a little more safe!

But leveling is soooo slowwww without it I hate it! Better safe than sorry though I suppose.
Edited by MrNastyTime#1577 on 4/3/2013 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile

It's overrated! I'm considering swapping back out the exp gem for an amethyst to be a little more safe!

What's to consider...do it...Do It....DO IT!!!!

See you in HC one of these weekends,
CC-
Reply Quote
View profile
Back when I worked at Chi-Chi's, we used to say "the rice is nice, but the beans...the beans are mean!"

Crawlers are creepy.
Scorpion is one of the five deadly venoms!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]