Diablo® III

Scorpion Runs Getting Nerfed in 1.0.8

Peace out MP10 Scorps!

I hear some guy wrote a really great guide about getting high xp/hr in Act3 MP0? I might check that out! ;)

How much of the experience of Arreat Crater is coming from those crawlers, though? Every so often I still do the old three-area run of Act 3 MP-0. Usually when I notice that I'm at about 10m XP or so from the next level and want to top off before logging out for the night. I think most of the XP comes from the Keeps, but I wonder if the overall run will suffer much.
Reply Quote
It's overrated! I'm considering swapping back out the exp gem for an amethyst to be a little more safe!

But leveling is soooo slowwww without it I hate it! Better safe than sorry though I suppose.

FWIW, I run MP-0 with a Vit Hellfire ring, a ruby in the helm, and Fleet Footed instead of STI. Backlash + LS provides a ton of DC protection. And since you don't appear to be playing solo at all, I'm sure your teammates will keep you safe. (Even if you are playing with teammates, Equip your follower in case they drop)

If you're farming mainly for XP and you're not using a ruby in your helm and you're at any MP higher than 0, I feel you're probably better off dropping an MP and then putting a ruby in your helm.

But there's really nothing wrong with playing it safe. I don't really want to be the one who tells you that you can survive with less life and then see something bad happen to you because you listened to me. I understand you're back to HC for good. (And this time you mean it!). There's nothing wrong with just taking it slower.
Reply Quote
View profile
@Demiwraith

I just stacked a lot of vita incase of DC but I've just been running mp1 in public games though so I may be safe to stick with my xp gem. I just haven't quite decided yet but want to be as safe as I can for now. We need to run together sometime though I haven't gotten an opportunity with this monk yet! I'm still trying to fine time my monk a bit more though trying to get my res back to 800 get up to 70k DPS but it's been a bit tough keeping ehp and adding DPS.
Edited by MrNastyTime#1577 on 4/3/2013 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
n me too!

:-D
Reply Quote
View profile
Oh. I found what you guys are talking about.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/scorpion

I'm guessing to farm those you're running A2/3 of Hell?
Reply Quote
Oh. I found what you guys are talking about.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/scorpion

I'm guessing to farm those you're running A2/3 of Hell?

Yea, Act2 sewers.

Then you turn them in for xp at the vendor.

Too bad nerf inc :( FUUUUU BLizz.
Reply Quote
View profile
We're still working on the details of what that buff is going to be, but at the moment we're looking at 10% more XP per extra player in the game for a maximum bonus of 30% more XP in a 4-player game. This bonus will be multiplicative with MP bonuses.

Monsters currently gain 70% extra health per additional player in the game. This is being reduced from 70% to 50%.

^^

This interests me! If those #s stay the same or close AND mob density in acts 1/2/4 increase... 4-player groups might actually be more efficient than solo Tempest Rush for xp (or very close)... WOW.
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 4/3/2013 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Yea, Act2 sewers.

Then you turn them in for xp at the vendor.

Too bad nerf inc :( FUUUUU BLizz.

No wonder, that's almost as imba as your hair!
Reply Quote
04/03/2013 02:17 PMPosted by blhotz
We're still working on the details of what that buff is going to be, but at the moment we're looking at 10% more XP per extra player in the game for a maximum bonus of 30% more XP in a 4-player game. This bonus will be multiplicative with MP bonuses.

Monsters currently gain 70% extra health per additional player in the game. This is being reduced from 70% to 50%.

^^

This interests me! If those #s stay the same or close AND mob density in acts 1/2/4 increase... 4-player groups might actually be more efficient than solo Tempest Rush for xp (or very close)... WOW.

I think with those numbers it's more efficient for XP farming to get a friend to just sit town than to move up an MP level. Something tells me the numbers might be tweaked in the future.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info
Reply Quote
So I decided to hit this up before it gets nerfed now that it can actually do it, I love how I am rubberbanding like crazy doing it while I never rubberband while doing normal MP0 runs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]