Heres a post i made about it on my guild forums, I looked at the crappy web site, went meh, but a friend wanted to try it so i did also, and was very surprised.
Open beta this coming weekend, doesn't hurt to give it a go with some mates.
I played this all day yesterday with Raveshaw, I hadn't really heard of it but it was a free closed beta weekend, I was very surprised, I now have a game to look forward to. It's release is in a month so I expect an open beta pretty soon. I'll probably buy a $20 founders pack.
It's a Diablo style game, with a full marvel license, but incorporates a LOT of MMO things into it, there is no lobby screen, you are in town running around with hundreds of other players, when you go out on missions you see tons of other people running around while your looking for the instanced areas.
David Brevik Is the CEO of the company, hes the guy behind D2, and a bunch of other guys from D2 are in there.
It has incorperated a lot of the cool functions from D3 and PoE.
Partys up to 5.
26 heroes (classes) on launch, while they aren't as extensive as a diablo class they all have there own powers, talent trees and such.
Free To Play, uses basically the same system as LOL you can buy characters and costumes with money but you can find everything (even costumes) in game. Some are only findable not buy able.
Free to play so they will be constantly adding content top keep people playing (heroes, skins, chapters)
- You can unlock everything, even skins without spending a cent.
- Loot System is great, you get about 70% of the items from for the character you are playing at the time.
- Simple but effective talent trees.
- Unlike D3 there is no lobby system, it's more like WOW where your in a town to get your missions and see hundreds of other players running around, when you go out onto the map to find your objective, this is also open with dozen of super heroes fighting at a time, makes it feel much more alive and have a good reason to be online.
- It's very fun COOP
- ALT system, you can change to any of your characters at any time, share the same inventory and stash.
- Didn't feel any lag.
- World bosses although they are just zergs.
- A few bugs but still incredibly polished for a beta.
- You will be pretty much required to pay to play the hero you WANT, it will be very unlikely that you find who you want in a reasonable amount of time, although I found Captain America in less than an hour. But I think this is fine since it's F2P and they need to make money some how.
- My game crashed and now the launcher is screwed and wont let me start the game again. (being fixed next patch apparently)
- Doesn't have a 1440P option WTF.
- Crafting items need to stack, my shared stash was almost full already of just crafting crap after 1 big session, the crafting itself is cool but just to tedious ATM.
- Very limited settings atm, can assign auto attack to a key like D3.
- Didn't get to try PvP but at least it's in the game!
- End game content, this will be mitigated by the ALT system being very integrated, I watched a youtube with the lead devs and it looks promising, kind of a hybrid between MMO and ARPG.
Looks like it will be the League of Legends of ARPGS.
Edited by Kegsta#2588 on 4/29/2013 5:26 PM PDT