Diablo® III

Any pet WDs still out there? A roll call.

We seem to be a dying breed (or dead, even).

I guess they aren't all that popular because we can't exactly farm fast, but I still have fun. :)
Reply Quote
View profile
i still use the garg in pve, and dogs/life link in pvp, but I often replace garg with paranoia at high mp to reduce elite kill time
Reply Quote
I use dogs and garg still but I am learning to farm MP's still. I can faceroll MP4 currently
Reply Quote
I use them because i got used to playing mostly with the mouse only (holding a baby in the other) and can do MP5/6 this way only because they take so much damage away from me.
Reply Quote
HERE! Loves me some pets cause I'm a lazy bastid and my playstyle is a bit plodding. They keep the bullets off my back. My doggies refill my Mana globe and fuel my Gruesome Feast. Gary stuns crap and deals damage even while I'm in full retreat. I wouldn't leave New Tristram without 'em...
Reply Quote
I use pets for one of my builds. I based mine on life regen and fierce loyalty so my pets tank in high MP. The gargantuan gas cloud and leeching beast add to my life regen so can take MP10 damage just recently moved my better gear to my 0 dog so wouldn't consider him MP10 capable at the moment.
Reply Quote
I WANT to be a pet doc but they aren't viable. Templar tanks better than garg with no passives and minimal gear. He can slow enemies he hits and has a taunt (because lets face it the heal is a joke that does not scale well).

Bears do for me about 19x damage of my garg so there's really not much benefit to the guy on my bar. But if I am playing lower MP like oubeedada one handed pets are passive skills you rarely need to trigger.
Reply Quote
still running a pet doc! usually doing MP6/7 depending on my level of intoxication.
Reply Quote
04/05/2013 09:51 AMPosted by Wachati
still running a pet doc! usually doing MP6/7 depending on my level of intoxication.

+1 to beer doc :P cheers brother
Reply Quote
W/d is the best!Loving the pets!ooooooo its da big stinker yo!+1 also for da beer yo!Pass me one..........
Reply Quote
Hopefully they'll add that helmet that adds pet damage that they hinted around about. :) I really want pets to be more viable. I mean sure, they are viable, but they sure ain't efficient. My pets can facetank Ghom, but it'd take years for them to kill him.

04/05/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Shockwave
I use pets for one of my builds. I based mine on life regen and fierce loyalty so my pets tank in high MP. The gargantuan gas cloud and leeching beast add to my life regen so can take MP10 damage just recently moved my better gear to my 0 dog so wouldn't consider him MP10 capable at the moment.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing at the moment, but I use Humongoid. I think I may have gone a little overboard with the survivability. Considering dialing it back and seeing how far I can push DPS. If I switch out my weapon, get a better offhand, and maybe play with my bracers, gloves, and amulet, I bet I could reach 150k DPS by Para 100.

A bit off topic, but would anyone be interested in a giant pet build guide? There's the one pet guide, but it speaks more to mechanics than build theory. I can't really find much other guides on the subject, at least not ones that were written in quite a while.
Reply Quote
<== Pet doctor. Hit me up when in game and let's have a roll at key hunt, any MP. It'd be mighty nice to have a team of four pet WDs :)
Reply Quote
04/05/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Shockwave

Looking at your zombie character.... no... the gas cloud on the gard does not add to life regen. Garg has never given us LoH since it was nerfed back in august. Burning dogs/poison dogs give loh for fire/melee attack respectively.

Yes several WD is quite funny together... especially when the pets can't die. A single WD can usually pin a goblin with no other monsters. While four of them could pin one of the old invulnerable horde elite types.
Reply Quote
I'd be up for some grouping sometime. I'll add you next time I'm online. :)
Reply Quote
04/05/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Glythe
Looking at your zombie character.... no... the gas cloud on the gard does not add to life regen. Garg has never given us LoH since it was nerfed back in august. Burning dogs/poison dogs give loh for fire/melee attack respectively.

The gas cloud doesn't give back on LoH. It only gives back on LS. I ran a bunch of testing on this a while back and posted which I'd have to find the link for. The short version is fire and poison aura returns life but depends on DPS. The leechers return life with LoH/LS + thorns damage when using FL.
Edited by Shockwave#1233 on 4/5/2013 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you don't mind 0 dog I'm up for a group. Add some +globes and I'll basically keep you standing. 0 drops lots of them. I just wish they'd get rid of the screen shake for at least everyone else that's playing.
Reply Quote
Still here, I run with 2,800 life regen (with passive), but I brought it down from what it was in the past of 4k life regen to farm faster with higher DPS.

I find it difficult the higher I go in DPS gear to maintain extremely tanky pets.
Reply Quote
I'm a pet Doc 4 Life!
Reply Quote
I blows mine up
Reply Quote
For me it seems that the witch docter is impossible to kill in pvp
My friend tried to kill me with 350k demon hunter and he was not able to kill me
Even though he kept changing his skills to try to get me
Still the witch docter for me is fun : )
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]